FBI makes arrest in New York's $1.9 million Apple iPad mini theft
Richardson was a lookout during the Apple iPad mini robbery while his two man gang used a forklift to load two pallets of Apple's 7.9 inch tablet onto a truck. After being questioned by an co-worker not involved in the incident, the two drove away with the stolen merchandise.
finger of suspicion being pointed directly at you.
Port Authority detectives found out about Richardson's inquiries and quickly tracked him down. The FBI arrested him and he led detectives on a search for the truck throughout Long Island. At this point, it is not known if the truck containing the Apple iPad mini tablets has been found and the FBI will not comment. The value of the stolen tablets has been placed at $1.9 million.
1. blackspot (Posts: 102; Member since: 14 Nov 2012)
If you are going to steal that many iPad mini's and be that obvious about it, you deserve to be caught.
6. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
nah just if you steal you deserve to be caught. obvious or not.
8. Cynipap999 (banned) (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
I just don't understand the obsession people have over Apple products. Relatively speaking, this was a teeny-tiny heist and not worthy of an FBI investigation; there are far more important crimes in the U.S. than the theft of mini replicas of a tablet with limited use. Besides, chances were, these "minis" would have wound up on the black market anyway.or Craigslist. Personally, I think the thieves did this country (and, the World for that matter) a great patriotic service and they should not be penalized for it.
9. Mxyzptlk (limited) (Posts: 2846; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Well we know the mini is a steal.
11. chaoticrazor (Posts: 2347; Member since: 28 Aug 2012)
yeah your right, at that price apple is just stealing money from customers for no justifiable reason
4. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 2964; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
I guess they didn't really steal it...just borrowed it for some few days till the FBI figured it out.
Richardson literally took the saying, "When you want to steal, just take it, don't steal"
5. darkkjedii (Posts: 9274; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
What an idiot, now b a good boy and run along to prison.
10. ryq24 (Posts: 441; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
it's been over a month since the incident. bet they already sold everything.
12. gothicheart (Posts: 82; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
PURE GIMMICK. Apple probably needs the publicity....
14. JC557 (Posts: 702; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
You could say they were shameless about stealing...