Codename One allows developers to write once and make apps for all major mobile platforms
2. imeubeu (Posts: 59; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
i was up tell 4am last night writing html5, let's see where this goes, check it out now
3. NexusKoolaid (Posts: 366; Member since: 24 Oct 2011)
Does Codename One translate pure Android code to other platforms, or are you required to code against their Android libraries which themselves have been translated for other platforms? I suspect the latter.
4. carlosechev07 (Posts: 39; Member since: 16 Oct 2012)
Nop, CN1 is a Java Based framework that implements LWUIT, it takes the generated java bytecode and translated it to binary compatible for iOS, RIM, WindosPhone and J2ME (feature phones).
The results are very good quality Native Apps, the "write once, run anywhere" is on mobile pltaform again thanks to Codename One..
I have testing this framework from two months ago and the results are very good, rapid development and cross platform. Many details to improve and grow, but today is the first official release.
6. darac (Posts: 2156; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
This is great..
Soon there won't be a practical excuse left for leaving out any app from any platform!
7. xtremesv (Posts: 267; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
It would've been better a toolkit for coding with Objective-C and translating to Java and C#, considering the best quality apps on iOS, specially for the iPad. Anyway, these "translating suits" will never substitute direct native programming, their scope is still limited.
8. Joshing4fun (Posts: 1113; Member since: 13 Aug 2010)
I'm hoping this means more apps for windows phone!
9. MC1123 (Posts: 1254; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
this is interesting! lets hope major devs will get this! cant wait to see temple run on WP and BB10!!!