CES 2013: Schedule of events
Officially, the event starts on January 8, but since most major announcements happen about a day prior to that, you can see that the schedule for January 7 is quite busy. There will obviously be a lot of cool stuff to see, with companies like Samsung, LG and Sony hosting their own press events. And, as always, we're sure that many other companies will also join the party with their own, unexpected announcements during CES 2013, so it's definitely worth it to refrain from setting up appointments on the dates below - after all, you don't want to be the last to know what's going on in Vegas, right?
Of course, should there be any changes regarding the schedule, we'll be quick to update it! What do you think, is it going to be an interesting show?
|NVIDIA||Press Conference||08:00 PM - 10:00 PM|
|LG||Press Conference||08:00 AM|
|AT&T||Developer Summit||09:00 AM - 10:30 AM|
|Huawei||Press Conference||01:00 PM - 01:45 PM|
|Intel||Press Briefing||01:00 PM - 01:45 PM|
|Samsung Electronics||Press Conference||02:00 PM|
|Sony||Press Conference||05:00 PM|
|ZTE||Product Launch||01:30 PM|
|T-Mobile||Press Conference||05:30 PM - 07:30 PM|
|Samsung Electronics||Keynote||09:00 AM|
8. IHateApple (banned) (Posts: 122; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Where's Blackberry? I am really interested to see Sony's Crystal LED TVs again!
28. Cynipap999 (banned) (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Go back to 2005, you'll find them.
13. Aaron_R96 (Posts: 198; Member since: 22 Jan 2012)
Potential to be the biggest phone of CES! especially if it has that IR Blaster on board! I just hope this time they get it to be much more widespread on the US market (available for more carriers) as they've only really been available on AT&T last year anyway..
17. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
All the new phones are leaked which takes out the excitement and surprise from the announcement about it.
23. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6588; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
I'm waiting for the XPERIA Z!!!!!
4. wendygarett (unregistered)
Mind that I cut in?
5. MauriceGerald (Posts: 18; Member since: 09 Dec 2012)
few more days to get more of SONY ZL. Hope it is even better that it looks like.
6. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
Fun filled 2013 is starting earlier than expected.
9. VJo003 (Posts: 332; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
What can we expect from Qualcomm.... Any idea?
10. wendygarett (unregistered)
Probably the a15 architecture or something IDK...
12. rickywinataa (Posts: 262; Member since: 05 Apr 2012)
probably the revised version of snapdragon S4, the current S4 is like a hybrid of A9 and A15 or they will announced new gpu to take on T604
11. cezarepc (Posts: 575; Member since: 23 Nov 2012)
I've read somewhere that there's a supposed partnership between Microsoft and Qualcomm, so that's one thing.
... and there's also this rumor about them buying a chunk of Sharp shares.
19. guruprasad (Posts: 27; Member since: 13 Jul 2011)
hmmm... may the snapdragon s4 prime !!!!
21. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4070; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
Either the S4 Prime, or some info on the next-gen S5 chips.
25. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6588; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
S5 EIGHT CORE? Sorry don't know what's after QUAD CORE
32. IHateApple (banned) (Posts: 122; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
After a quad core comes: a faster quad core. History is the biggest example.
Core 2 Quad -> 1st Gen Core i7-> 2nd Gen Core i7 -> 3rd Gen Core i7 -> 4th Gen Core i7. All of them have 4 cores.
34. Nathan_ingx (Posts: 3013; Member since: 07 Mar 2012)
After quad-cores comes octa-cores...i don't think there's Hexa-cores.
Much like how the bytes work their way up, as in 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB...and so on. It's not a rule or anything, but it's the conventional way of making things. Not that they can't stray away and make something with 6GB. It has always been that way.
29. Cynipap999 (banned) (Posts: 138; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Wrong ...... Sony is just giving a press conference.
Samsung, on the other hand, is giving a press conference and a keynote so, therefore, it's all about Samsung.
As always, Sprint and Apple are absent.
16. pookiewood (Posts: 613; Member since: 05 Mar 2012)
What happened to Nokia with a Windows RT announcement? :(
18. drnggaj33 (Posts: 127; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
i care about jan 7,8,9 ....samsung,samsung,vzw
22. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6588; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
XPERIA Z HERE I COME! Samsung Electrions BIGGER TV SCREENS AND OLED TV'S can't wait
26. MarshalAmin (Posts: 2; Member since: 13 Jun 2012)
Samsung Galaxy SIV,the monster of the year , i'm waiting for it .
30. mydi.maus (unregistered)
htc & b.berry next year,..
31. spiderpig2894 (Posts: 435; Member since: 10 Jan 2012)
Why can't Sony provide Crystal LEDs in phones to compete with OLEDs?
I know it is in the process but I so prefer those LEDs over OLEDs! It just gives the same as the OLED except for short life span and oversaturation.
33. IHateApple (banned) (Posts: 122; Member since: 26 Sep 2012)
Crystal LED is quite new. They can't get such a high number of LED's to work in a small display. The best they can do now is probably a 1080p 23 inch display.
For the same reason, we can't have 5 inch 1080p Super AMOLED displays (while using the RGB stripe).
And for the same reason, we can't have 32 inch 1080p Plasma Displays.