Apple's iPhone 6 Plus phablet also comes with 1 GB of RAM
6. greenelektron (Posts: 528; Member since: 10 Sep 2014)
Look how sick apple is. But i want an upsized iphone!
187. Finalflash (Posts: 2718; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Lol the excuses for Apple from the author is what really makes me laugh. This really is iPhoneArena.
"...it still keeps the 1 GB of RAM amount that the Apple iPhone 6 carries, so Apple stays true to its tradition not to overdo the iPhone's specs without a tangible reason. Given the way that iOS 8 multitasks, and the fact that all the software in the App Store runs fine with this amount of RAM, Apple's approach seems to be working..."
"Overdo", no they actively are "under-doing" it even when there is a tangible reason. Given how iOS 8 doesn't multitask it shouldn't matter, but we all know that in the long run, maybe a year or two, it will start lagging like all other Apple devices after just one "update".
195. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 7822; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
Which will make you go out and buy the same phone again with only 1GB of RAM.
214. Venkatramanan (Posts: 308; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
He may indirectly hints the capability of IOS which can't do much with more RAM.
81. jack123 (Posts: 180; Member since: 07 Jan 2013)
Yup, they're always save some spec for the next iPhone s thing, so they can iPhone 6s and 6s+ a new development.
136. HamzAmin (Posts: 81; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
The Apple's revolutionary 64-bit processor only takes $38 to manufacture. Just saying. keep Scrolling
162. The-Sailor-Man (banned) (Posts: 1095; Member since: 25 Mar 2014)
It takes as much as Samsung wants for it.
But this useless "revolutionary 64-bit" makes every iboy happy.
198. UglyFrank (Posts: 1544; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
This really isn't enough, I was watching Instagram videos on Safari (there were about 20 on one page) on my iPad Air and every time I watched a 4th video, safari would crash. This show their memory management isn't all it is cracked up to be.
204. buccob (Posts: 2490; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
211. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
NOW THAT'S WHAT I CALLED INNOVATION ;)
2. D.Aceveda (Posts: 392; Member since: 30 Jun 2012)
Over $1000 for a iPhone 6 plus and they can't include more than 1gb of ram.
47. reckless562 (banned) (Posts: 1153; Member since: 09 Sep 2013)
so freakin embarasing honestly, its criminal. robbing ppl blind
142. akki20892 (Posts: 3899; Member since: 04 Feb 2013)
Lol I agree...... Apple knows how to blind people lol....
5. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Yep, this is pretty much what I expected.
Also, in a year or two when iOS 9/10 severely bumps up the resource needs of Apple's software, expect this year's and last year's iPhones to run like crap, just like the 4 and to a lesser extent 4S do now.
8. leftheodo (Posts: 86; Member since: 21 Oct 2011)
It makes sense. Even if it had 4 GB it would be a waste of hardware. iOS multitasking is a joke. The moment you exit an app it gets frozen. This is unacceptable for a "revolutionary" phablet tha costs $1000. Note 4 is a real phablet. This is just a huge iPod.
61. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
It has always been an iPod on steroids.
9. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
And there are still people who think iOS (or the iToy, rather) doesn't need more than 1GB RAM when it desperately needs it. iToy still 1GB ...that's S3 from 2 years ago. Well, then again, iToy is 2012-oriented phone anyways.
11. Leo_MC (Posts: 941; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
More RAM for what?
Don't get me wrong, I too want better specs devices but I have a 1 GB device that works flawlessly (according to PA, it still is snappier - maybe faster - than any other Android device).
So, more RAM for what?
138. nctx77 (Posts: 1640; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Android phones are fast, but not fluid lol! By the way, prove that iPhones are not fast. I have yet to see an Android phone own the 5s or 5 for that matter. Oh, what happened to the Note 4 against the 5s?
160. pulkit1 (Posts: 354; Member since: 03 Jul 2014)
M8 does win but m8 wins agains every phone out there .
22. Suo.Eno (Posts: 475; Member since: 17 Feb 2013)
That's a blanket statement depending on individual usage + setup scenarios. More RAM for this >>>
~ feel free to add to the uhh not leg but fingers + head work at scouring that thread.
85. Leo_MC (Posts: 941; Member since: 02 Dec 2011)
I am now running 47 apps (3 games, push email, 5 messaging apps, 3 active cloud clients).
How many apps should I be running until I'll be running out of 1 GB of RAM?! firing up the camera and shooting a FHD video it is done instantly.
What else can I do on my phone?
155. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
They are not running. They are just "open " and when you go there they will actually load up.
177. buccob (Posts: 2490; Member since: 19 Jun 2012)
So, you can have a FaceTime video chat open, and a web page loading on safari in the background, and waze in the background giving you directions at the same time?
I think you misunderstood the word "multi-task" which apple severely limits...
On an iPhone you can't fire a webpage and go to a different app while the webpage still loads...
80. Scomii (Posts: 25; Member since: 22 Nov 2013)
No p if u don't want more ram ... but you pay $949 and you get 1gb of ram?! Thats meh
129. zig8100 (Posts: 227; Member since: 13 Dec 2012)
Its called future proofing. It just shows Apple has no plans on making real multi tasking , live widgets or split screen usage anytime soon.
173. Dr.Phil (Posts: 1097; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
Well just by looking at this picture you can see that it would benefit from more RAM. I mean it's not even doing anything at the moment and it's still using almost half of it's RAM just to run the device. Imagine what that memory usage looks like when an application is active like a game.
200. flamencoguy (Posts: 107; Member since: 04 Aug 2012)
It is not faster than my OnePlus One>Benchmarks already out nether are faster than even Galaxy S5. More RAM for more background services to be resident and more apps to be preloaded and less swapping.
14. scarface21173 (Posts: 118; Member since: 17 Aug 2014)
when you put 1gb ram in a top of the range phone, that is very poor, just look at the android top spec mobiles 2-3 gb ram. Basically it has the same ram as the motorolla moto g.
15. D.Lamore (Posts: 198; Member since: 15 Aug 2014)
Iphone is not a smartphone , a phone that can't multitask is not smart. Optimised for opening apps, that's pathetic
33. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
Not even optimized for opening apps. Fake shot of the program last running, long delay, and then loads. Open notes app. Switch to Internet. Back to notes, app restarts. Half baked multitasking
110. aba71983 (Posts: 805; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
Yes, 1GB RAM.
Put in your mind, it's not a cheap phone, ok!
$1000 is that a cheap phone?
Don't dare me?
185. roscuthiii (Posts: 2148; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
That kind of thinking is P.T. Barnum's wet dream.
217. DnB925Art (Posts: 920; Member since: 23 May 2013)
Way to go deleting your post about selling your iPhone 5S and iPad and you would buy a Note 4 if I can prove to you that an Android phone can multitask with 3 or 4 apps open at the same time, which I showed, and you wanted me to answer your question if you can Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram at the same time, well here's my proof SUCKA! Facebook and Twitter on Multiview and Instagram on floating browser.
/102338226077530057723/albums/ 6040235187441526337/6059709286 516151954?pid=6059709286516151 954&oid=102338226077530057723& authkey=CPHpw-31_PejwgE
And again that's on my 2 YEAR OLD NOTE 2. iPhone 6/6+ welcome to 2012! LOL.
Time to sell your iPhone and iPad and buy that Note 4. PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS ya loser!
218. aba71983 (Posts: 805; Member since: 24 Jul 2014)
I understand what your saying but you don't get what I want to mean.
Yes, you can open FB, Twitter, Instagram together but can you TYPE MSG AT THE SAME TIME.
213. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
I bethca we will here the first glitch of the iP6 with that less of ram it won't move as smoothly everyody think it does.
23. N3Z1droid (Posts: 89; Member since: 02 Jan 2014)
It's just their marketing plan. When Iphone 6+s or what it call came out, maybe it will have 1.5 GB Ram. So Apple will have another excuse for Innovation.
28. picka_vi_materina (Posts: 174; Member since: 21 Nov 2011)
I rather have less RAM with much better programmed and optimized apps than stupid lazy programming with huge memory leaking on Android. 3GB on a phone? Gimme a break! This way, 5 and 5s won't be outdated so soon. They still have the power and RAM to be up to date with their younger brothers, unlike Android which you can throw it in the garbage the next year.
38. shuaibhere (Posts: 1983; Member since: 07 Jul 2012)
Good luck with opening 4 tabs in safari...while I have opened 11 tabs now in aosp browser....and no reload needed....
With fake multitasking ios doesn't need more ram...but still some apps need it....
30. davidnam88 (Posts: 3; Member since: 03 Feb 2014)
Lol... I'm definitely not one to care whether or not the 6+ has 1gb of ram, but I really don't think a random post and screenshot on a Korean tech users' forum should be justified as news.
Then again, the screenshot seems legit, some replies on the source website itself claim that the screenshot is from a reliable source (Apple engineer?), and I don't see Apple releasing two phones with variations in major specs such as ram.
35. yahia_malka (Posts: 186; Member since: 27 Mar 2014)
A flagship with 1gb ram ? And all people buy it , come on apple is s**tty , its over 1000$ for a 1 GB ram phone , I could buy a note 4 or edge and I will have at least 100$
67. binerry (Posts: 99; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
When will you android users ever realize that Apple's products don't require 4GB of RAM to run efficiently and fast? You never seem to learn. It's not about the Specs if the thing is blazing fast.
79. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Actually from the Macrumors links provided by another user, it seems some power users on iPhones do run into low RAM and other resource issues.
Besides, would it really kill Apple to put 2 gigs of RAM into a goddamn thousand dollar iPhone? I can buy a gaming laptop for that money, which would be infinitely more useful to me than a thousand dollar iPhone.
148. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10409; Member since: 14 May 2012)
A $1000 can get me a MacBook Air, which I'm on the fence of buying or a rMBP.
167. Sniggly (Posts: 7305; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
You could maybe get a Chromebook Pixel, which will offer you much the same functionality for roughly the same price. :)
163. synot (Posts: 277; Member since: 14 Sep 2012)
Are you saying a car will carry a trucks load and still run with blazing speed? Are you saying a phone with 3.5 screen components can run a 5.5 screen with same components at the same performance level.