Apple sends out official invites to September 10th event
22. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
This statement is confusing: "The iPhone 5C is expected to replace the iPhone 5 in the new lineup and likely won't offer much different from the iPhone 5 aside from a choice of colors." ... WTF!
28. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2647; Member since: 26 May 2011)
Sorry, meant to link to an old article that explained. The rumor is that rather than releasing the iPhone 5S and keeping the iPhone 5 on the market at a reduced price, the iPhone 5 will no longer be sold at all, and will be replaced with the 5C, which will essentially be an iPhone 5 with a different case.
2. _Bone_ (Posts: 2104; Member since: 29 Oct 2012)
Targeting the under 3 category with those baby colors. Good potential there, Apple. Good potential.
4. good2great (Posts: 1039; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
lol this is the only thing i hate about iOS7... damn lil girl colors...lol
16. gallitoking (Posts: 4680; Member since: 17 May 2011)
McDonalds have been doing it for years.. and they are the number fast food chain in the U.S.
48. johnbftl (Posts: 167; Member since: 09 Jun 2012)
What 1980s Ronald McDonald ad campaign are you referring to? McDonald's hasn't run a commercial in the U.S. targeting children in many years. My father-in-law and his brothers are owner/operators of over a dozen McDonald's. Our coffee cups at home next to our coffee pot is a sleeve of McDonald's coffee cups. It's all I hear about at family gatherings. I know more about McDonald's than I ever wanted to know. I also know the only McDonald's that is still allowed by corporate to serve the original fried apple pies.
3. ibap (Posts: 681; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
Oh, yes. A new color choice constitutes a major announcement - and I say that about all of the manufacturers.
6. Commentator (Posts: 2292; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
Well, in addition to there being new color choices, it's assumed that the 5S will be announced as well, which features upgraded specs from last year's flagship. It's also possible we'll see new iPad models announced as well, although the jury's still out on that particular case. At any rate, this announcement includes more than just color choices.
Hope this helps, ibap!
5. hellonerds (Posts: 135; Member since: 27 Aug 2013)
Event will also be held at toys r us for the color iPhones with its cute fisher price UI..
17. PAPINYC (Posts: 2177; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Darn, it would've been cooler at F.A.O. Schwarz!!
40. power_x (Posts: 204; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Colors ? What's wrong with colors ? Nokia has been doing it for so long and nobody said that it is only for kids
I don't know what to say about Nokia fanboys
7. McJobs (Posts: 106; Member since: 08 Jul 2012)
NOKIA started this colorful smartphone revolution, Apple copied it.
8. caustictoast (Posts: 24; Member since: 07 Aug 2012)
Idk Apple has had colorful non-halo products since like the ipod mini
13. Napalm_3nema (Posts: 805; Member since: 14 Jun 2013)
He seems to forget that the Lumia line, and the N9 before it, are blatant iPod Nano ripoffs.
29. MichaelHeller (Posts: 2647; Member since: 26 May 2011)
And, as we all know, smartphones were the first thing to ever come in a range of colors...
30. ardent1 (Posts: 1991; Member since: 16 Apr 2011)
Apple started the idea of colors on computers called the iMac G3 in 1998 -- tht was almost 15 years ago.
Practically no one complained when Nokia decided to borrow a page from Apple and use color on smartphones.
So when Apple go backs to its roots, the haters then decided Apple copied Nokia.
11. Tazer2365 (Posts: 44; Member since: 28 Jul 2012)
The king is coming for you Samsung, Nokia, LG, Sony and etc. It's time for Apple to break some records and continue to lead the industry. Go Apple!
25. fanboy1974 (Posts: 1106; Member since: 12 Nov 2011)
Yup, the king of the 4" phone is coming to battle the HTC One mini, S4 mini and Droid mini.
31. RoyalPayne (banned) (Posts: 458; Member since: 07 Aug 2013)
S4 mini cant even compete with One mini, let alone 5C
37. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3214; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
They are just phones. They are not the iPhone.
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6118; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Same phone/design all they do is spray paint the phone.
15. darkkjedii (Posts: 10080; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Hey Mxy, quad, gallito, bucky, napalm, you guys ready? I sure am.
18. gallitoking (Posts: 4680; Member since: 17 May 2011)
I am sooo ready... I am due for an upgrade..
19. darkkjedii (Posts: 10080; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Me too, and will definitely be getting the 5S. Hope there's a 128 gig model. That's a no brainer for me.
38. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 3214; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Apple needs to shut up and just take my damn money lol.
23. Commentator (Posts: 2292; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
You were also way OVERdue for a comment.
It's been a while gallito (or I've somehow missed any comments you've made recently) how goes it?
26. gallitoking (Posts: 4680; Member since: 17 May 2011)
is going good.. i just became a reader... but post here and there..... but I always read most of the articles... nice to always read you Commentator (love the avatar)
24. Commentator (Posts: 2292; Member since: 16 Aug 2011)
I'm just hoping they announce a Retina iPad Mini. It's too promising a product for Apple to push back any further.
20. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Its time for Apple to do its thing!
I heard that in response to all the updates to iOS Android will roll out there latest iteration called.... wait for it.... Apple Pie =P ... just kidding!
21. davecann2 (Posts: 460; Member since: 15 Mar 2011)
Wait... they already did keylime pie.... Correction... it will be called "Candy Apple" hahah
27. iampayne (Posts: 206; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Actually its going to be called Kit Kat not Key Lime Pie
33. jamesedward318 (Posts: 99; Member since: 25 Dec 2010)
horrible attempt at trying to be funny
43. PAPINYC (Posts: 2177; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
Dave, I'm in iShock [of you]; that sort of iNfAntiLe behavior is best left to the iMmature children on this site. You are correct, though, "Apple will do its' thing," so, get ready for a half-@$$ update; a sleuth of subsequent iBugs; a purple picture-taking camera; iWiFi only FaceTime and video chat; dysfunctional Alarm clock with DST; oh, and, an overall iNcomplete device with a teenie-tiny-winy-minute screen.
Congrats on your "upgrade" if that's what you wanna' call it.
45. darkkjedii (Posts: 10080; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Dave what's the plan bro? 128 gig white AT&T 5S for me, if they have it and 32 for the mrs. to be.
46. iushnt (Posts: 598; Member since: 06 Feb 2013)
so your month is finally here dark, best wishes
32. shamataa (Posts: 202; Member since: 07 Dec 2011)
If you think they will change the game you be disappointed. Not sure why you people are excited for this when there are other OEMS that are ACTUALLY WORTH LOOKING AT. Since IFA is before Apple's event so it won't matter.
34. power_x (Posts: 204; Member since: 28 Aug 2013)
Make everyone day brighter ?
That indicates that the dual LED Flash is coming
39. PK1983 (Posts: 163; Member since: 08 Aug 2012)
The iPhone 5C is like the fat, ugly kid that tries to hang out with the cool kid (5S).
A more flamboyant UI and fingerprint scanner will not save this ship.
52. Pancholo (Posts: 371; Member since: 27 Feb 2012)
And then we will probably have the iPhone5/S users looking down at the 5C users. Could end up being a hilarious twist of fate.
The little iPhone that could.
41. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5538; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i'm thinking i'll probably get the 5C so this'll be the first time an Apple Event is relevant to my personal interests. o:
44. jb4674 (Posts: 139; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
It should be called the iPhone 5 Ellen Degeneres edition, LMAO