The new iPad (left) gets hotter than the iPad 2 (right) during use
Apple revises the iPad, aims to prevent overheating issues
1. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4217; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
They said nothing was wrong with it, now they're trying to fix it. Just like the whole iPhone 4 antennae debacle.
9. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5498; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
NO!!! NO!!! It is not Apple's fault, it is due to Global Warming!!!
2. clevername (Posts: 1435; Member since: 11 Jul 2008)
there IS NO overheating issue! i swear it! seriously i wouldnt lie to you!
3. IamYourFather6657 (Posts: 321; Member since: 01 Jul 2012)
If a patient shows all of the symptom of dengue fever yet the patient claims its not dengue fever .
So as a doctor , do you think it's dengue fever ?
4. mas11 (Posts: 1034; Member since: 30 Mar 2012)
Shouldn't this thing shutdown when it gets too hot? Kinda a big mistake on Apple's part. And if it's going to take them that long to fix the issue why don't they just release the iPad 4?
7. frydaexiii (Posts: 1419; Member since: 01 Dec 2011)
lol, I was kinda expecting Apple to do that. "The revolutionary iPad 4! Now 100 times cooler than the New iPad due to a special cooling system! No nothing else has changed."
5. andro. (Posts: 1990; Member since: 16 Sep 2011)
A significant fault that doesn't exist now is being fixed,the world of apple is full of paradoxes!
6. roscuthiii (Posts: 1954; Member since: 18 Jul 2010)
There is no overheating issue. Your'e all just a bunch of jealous Apple haters!
Sent from my Apple iPa- Ow!!! Ow!!! Hot hot hot! Damn it!
8. Aeires (unregistered)
Can you say "underclocking?" Saw this a mile away, only a 4 core gpu pushing that many pixels, what were they thinking? In comparison, the Asus Transformer Prime has a 12 core gpu, and doesn't suffer heat problems.
11. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4217; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I never understood that... Why did Apple push the quad-core GPU so much, when there are GPUs in other devices with 8+ cores?
13. Aeires (unregistered)
It was a marketing ploy that tons of people bought into. Apple didn't say it was a quad core gpu, just made the claim the tablet was a quad core tablet. The reality is it's a dual core tablet with a quad core gpu. By calling it a quad core tablet, they appeared to be on par with the Transformer tablets. The reality was far different though.
14. Berzerk000 (Posts: 4217; Member since: 26 Jun 2011)
I'm pretty sure they said quad core graphics multiple times in the new ipad release, and not just quad core
10. sorcio46 (Posts: 422; Member since: 27 Jul 2011)
It's simple phisics man... if you put in a tablet an SGX 543-MP4 (4 units GPU) even with 32nm litography, you will have:
- High power draw (see iPad battery that is a record for a tablet)
- High temperatures
Apple done it wrong, but it was the only GPU that can work good even at its extreme resolution.
12. naveedpaen (Posts: 1; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
plz someone answer me.
>. is it sure that apple will fix this heating problem.
>. when wiil holiday season start