Apple iPhone users the smartest, BlackBerry users the dumbest?
It took those sporting an iPhone 94 seconds on average to complete the test, which was a full 5 seconds faster than those using a Nexus branded handset. Samsung owners finished third with an average score of 103 seconds. Those with an HTC handset in their pockets were next, taking 2 seconds longer on average to finish the puzzles. Nokia owners and BlackBerry owners took the longest, with scores of 109 seconds and 118 seconds respectively.
If you want redemption, or just think that you're smarter than the rest of the world's BlackBerry users, you can take the test for yourself by clicking on the sourcelink. And hey, let us know how you score by commenting in the box below.
Brain teasers show iPhone users are the smartest
1. Apple iPhone users scored the best, BlackBerry users the worst
2. Question from the test
source: ATestofWits, DailyMail via CNET
1. 9_HeLLs_oF_DrOid (Posts: 123; Member since: 02 Jan 2012)
Happy new year, Alan F.
May this new year turn you into an Apple fan from an Apple fanboy. :)
10. TheLolGuy (Posts: 483; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
This study is hardly indicative of anything. 10 seconds isn't enough to draw any concrete conclusions. Or someone can just as easily justify the score by saying older businessmen with less plastic brains obviously won't do as well as younger teens who like to play brain games on their phones often.
But still, watch all the Android fans jump on this article and prove the findings to be correct by shouting, pointing fingers, and generally acting the stupidest, even though this 'study' is ridiculous.
17. ihavenoname (Posts: 1406; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
Ridiculous, indeed. There are both smart and dumb Android owners, smart and dumb iPhone owners, smart and dumb WP owners.
And same thing with Nexus, Sammy and Sony owners.
21. Ant34 (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
It really doesn't matter because the test is flawed. I completed it in 31 seconds and others below have completed it in less time.
26. ihavenoname (Posts: 1406; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
You are right, I got lost from topic. Stupid test.
75. cnpthe3rd (Posts: 51; Member since: 01 Feb 2009)
my time 29 seconds, which makes me wonder 2 important things, 1) who are the morons they tested, and most important 2) why the hell did I waste the time reading this and taking test.
50. Daftama (Posts: 563; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
I couldn't agree with you anymore you Andriod users what's a widget lol.. Apple users what's I cloud OK fair I can give you that... But to ask how I down load app seriously or where are the apps located on either device or what's a Gmail.. Classic I don't have a Gmail hahaha... Why can't I replace my battery how can put more memory on my phone the list can go on and on and on for both good join Alan you had nothing better to do with yourself and the spare time
57. andynaija (Posts: 469; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
I seriously don't understand what you're talking about.
68. ihavenoname (Posts: 1406; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
"Seriously download Gmail? I don't have a Gmail haha" um, iOS and Android have Gmail app. Download app seriously? What, should downloading app be like some comedy? You can change battery nowadays only in Samsungs, and select phones from others, same thing with memory. Seriously, what are you talking about? Are you iOS fan or Android fan or what?
73. darkkjedii (Posts: 11489; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
You sound like a complete retard dude
59. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6512; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Poindexter Is smarter than the one who's conducting those test.
54. trustory (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
79 seconds and im only 16 :)
63. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1350; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
43 seconds ....and im 21 :/
58. androtaku (Posts: 180; Member since: 12 Dec 2013)
judging from your reply,u surely using a blackberry
2. Troysyx (Posts: 139; Member since: 30 Jul 2012)
Haha good god. This just in, anyone that takes this and thinks it's true or trolls is an idiot. That's what my study shows....
3. TreyTreyTaylor (Posts: 309; Member since: 21 Dec 2010)
I saw this and thought let the wars begin.
77. PAPINYC (Posts: 2289; Member since: 30 Jul 2011)
My good man, you need armies to have wars and, quite frankly, one army against a flurry little herd of white puffy mammals just would not be fair.
Besides, truth is, the real reason those Quas-iPhone owners were faster to respond was because they were hooked up to a Wireless N+ wi-fi router, whereas Android owners were connected to their respective networks (remember, they were in a basement - most of those betting parlors are in seedy sublevel basements, so I've been told). Blackberry owners were slow because they were still trying to upgrade to BB10.
76. apple4never (Posts: 948; Member since: 08 May 2013)
did it agin pressing random stuff and got 44 seconds
7. Ant34 (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
Do they have any controls in place? I completed it in 31 seconds by just picking one of the choices at random and then picking another if it was wrong. I didn't even read the questions.
14. 14545 (Posts: 1113; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
I was kind of thinking the same thing. The wrong answer shouldn't allow you to pick another.
20. Ant34 (Posts: 193; Member since: 10 Aug 2013)
Or at least a time penalty for each wrong answer.
11. spedisfast (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Jan 2014)
27 seconds.. i cant imagine going over a minute for this
12. Sauce (unregistered)
So many butthurt people. Just enjoy your day and stop taking things so direct lol.
15. HawtProperty09 (Posts: 1; Member since: 18 Jul 2012)
It took me 89 seconds. And I own a Sony Xperia Z1. :)
16. PorkyBurger (Posts: 225; Member since: 18 May 2013)
Less than 30 seconds for sure. Samsung owner.
Can't imagine over a minute too :o
18. Sniggly (Posts: 7087; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
It took me a nanosecond. Literally a nanosecond. Shut up.
19. Bootutu (Posts: 189; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Impulsive buyers, they bought an iPhone, very smart :s)
23. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
I took it and all I had was a middle finger pop up on the screen at the end... :-\
24. HASHTAG (unregistered)
63 on my first try and I have a Nokia. Don't understand how owning a certain phone determines how smart you are. And saying that someone is dumb because they finished at a later time is asinine. They still got it right, just at a later time. I simply think the creator of this test is the dumb one.
29. tedkord (Posts: 4826; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Of course it doesn't. And I tried what an earlier poster suggested and just hit random answers without even reading the question until I got them right. Took 41 seconds, so this test doesn't measure anything.
30. Kriksis (Posts: 82; Member since: 27 Aug 2012)
69 seconds... ... and I own Nokia....
SO what that means is:
I own a Nokia phone and I can complete the test in 69 seconds...
Nothing more and nothing less
Have a good NEW YEAR everyone!!!
64. RaKithAPeiRiZ (Posts: 1350; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
69 seconds ...if you know what i mean
66. apple4never (Posts: 948; Member since: 08 May 2013)
ouu kill em lol 6969696969696969696969696969696969696969696969
32. xoxoGeorges (Posts: 206; Member since: 11 Jul 2013)
Finished in 64 secs.....http://i.imgur.com/jbD91yl.jpg
39. tedkord (Posts: 4826; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I was done 1:32 before I started. WebOS user.
36. jacko1977 (Posts: 390; Member since: 11 Feb 2012)
Apple iPhone users the smartest i guess thats why i hand them my android and then after a minute they hand it back saying they cant work it out
37. victory_zhou (Posts: 38; Member since: 03 Oct 2013)
Welll that also prove that the BlackBerry is the simplest os for users to understand
40. jpd514 (Posts: 38; Member since: 08 Nov 2013)
Most of the test in which Apple iPhone are involved are made public only if Apple win. It is a known issue with Apple fan. It is very appreciated from Apple and some are very well retributed doing just this.
46. zombiewolf115 (Posts: 36; Member since: 16 Jul 2013)
0/10 nice job OP you almost had me there
47. tiger2 (Posts: 2; Member since: 01 Jan 2014)
The test is not conclusive at all. The person who took the test are at random & they might have more than 1phone. Also the results are AVERAGE of all those who took the test. Means if more people owning iPhone took the test in average their result will show as better. That's all.
49. Sniggly (Posts: 7087; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
Well, it's heartening to see that so far this flamebait article has failed to ignite any major fights. Thank you all for being reasonable people. We the users win this round, Alan.
51. water99211 (Posts: 11; Member since: 11 Dec 2013)
So what if someone who doesn't like BlackBerry picks BlackBerry, leaves the test, and comes back an hour later then completes it? Wouldn't this raise the a
average time alot?
52. vzw fanman (Posts: 1972; Member since: 11 Dec 2008)
im not surprised cause im wicked smart!!!
53. COZMAN (Posts: 99; Member since: 28 Nov 2013)
Apple is in the same position BB was. No new products but lots of cash that is dwindling away. Smart phones are not iphones ever.You can't even get a business day out of the battery. BB like Apple both victims of terrible leadership.BB superior product in its days of glory.
55. alextheZowner (Posts: 33; Member since: 01 Jan 2014)
I like phonearena I love all their up to date news but sometimes It gets me when I see them worshipping Apple. Or is it just me? U swear every comparison they put iPhone on top.