Android 6.0 Marshmallow updates reportedly approved by Samsung and await carrier release
1. Jimrod (Posts: 1179; Member since: 22 Sep 2014)
Yay, maybe that'll cheer up 80% of the people on this site who seem very angry and bitter all the time!
2. SirYar (Posts: 351; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Don't worry, they will continue being bitter and angry anyway when their carrier delays the update by half a year.
10. joeytaylor (Posts: 430; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
My S5 recieved lolipop in February.....now it's still on 5.0....but no real complaints
26. TechieXP1969 (Posts: 9532; Member since: 25 Sep 2013)
I'm with T-Mobile. I expect I will get the update by April at the latest. Verizon? well they wont for at least another 3 months. again this is the downside of baking in apps.
Samsung needs to work with carriers to make their apps available on the play store, LIKE EVERYONE ELSE DOES.
6. tedkord (Posts: 10915; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
It won't matter. Even on lollipop, my Note 5 is the best phablet sized smartphone in the world.
7. aegislash (Posts: 325; Member since: 27 Jan 2015)
Had a Note5 for a week before exchanging it for an S6 Edge+, mainly due to the fact that I never use the stylus and just prefer the curved display look. But I fully agree. Not a single hiccup during my time with Note5, and it's the same with my Edge+. Definitely the most solid, fast, and fluid devices Samsung has ever made.
I can't imagine how much better they will get once we have Marshmallow.
11. tedkord (Posts: 10915; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Let's hope. Samsung modifies heavily, down to the framework. There's plenty they could screw up.
18. RoboticEngi (Posts: 635; Member since: 03 Dec 2014)
People get angry when they have to deal with trolls like you.....
27. JGuinan007 (Posts: 680; Member since: 19 May 2011)
I have AT&T Note 5 I won't gewt the update til late May or June
3. Punchy506 (Posts: 77; Member since: 10 Jan 2016)
But will Samsung fail to meet this date too?
4. Awalker (Posts: 1438; Member since: 15 Aug 2013)
Those dates are internal targets for Samsung. They're not meant for you to see.
8. j2001m (Posts: 2886; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
What I will say is they added more on top for s6/note5 customer tw with new edge panels and so on, so they have not just added android 6.0, but done a real update
9. techfanatic23 (Posts: 4; Member since: 25 Aug 2015)
Since I have Verizon I'll see the update some time in April.
16. SupermanayrB (Posts: 529; Member since: 20 Mar 2012)
My Note 4 was updated to Lollipop on my birthday in April of last year so maybe it'll happen again this year. Earlier wouldn't hurt my feelings though.
13. Blazers (Posts: 425; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Of course the carriers will wait to release the updates until after the S7 launches.
15. WPX00 (Posts: 281; Member since: 15 Aug 2015)
That is almost definitely fake - the S5 is coded G900, not N900.
17. skymitch89 (Posts: 1295; Member since: 05 Nov 2010)
Correct. The N900 is the Note 3 and the G900 is the S5
19. strudelz100 (Posts: 644; Member since: 20 Aug 2014)
T Mobile had my S6 updated before global models for 5.1.1
20. cryptonx (Posts: 14; Member since: 05 Jan 2016)
I really don't get why people get so horny about updates. I mean If there's something not working and you are looking for a patch or an update I get it, but I've tried Marshmallow and 90% of the users won't even notice any difference.
I see people swearing,insulting and sometimes threatening major companies !
"YOU ARE A BUNCH OF LIARS, YOU PROMISED US LOLLIPOP A MONTH AGO, WHERE IS IT? WHY WHY WHY?"
21. Diezparda (Posts: 871; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Lol true... I choose to patiently wait for android 6 update on my M8, jump from 5.0 pretty much satisfied, it carry all new feature of sense 7. I mean it's worth all the wait, more stable, less bug, better battery & carry extra feature & better UI. It seems Samsung really took their time to develop edge feature.
22. Shocky (unregistered)
Lies, so where is the update for the sim free versions? If they're approved they should be getting updated already..
25. Shocky (unregistered)
Probably. almost two years old so it should still get Marchmallow.
24. TA700 (Posts: 75; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I hope it's as stable and light on battery as KitKat else it'll be another update I'll end up skipping.