Android 5.0 Lollipop update for HTC One (M8) and M7 to start rolling January 3rd
1. Hashed (unregistered)
Good work HTC, please don't forget about the Desire 815.
It is a great device, and it would be a shame if it didn't get Android 5.0.
2. mayur007 (Posts: 563; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
PJ of the day..
the only phones which have sense others are non "Sense" hehe :P
3. maherk (Posts: 3464; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
Too bad my wife's m8 is rooted and on a custom rom. I have no clue how to return to fully stock!
6. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Search for a RUU (Rom Update Utility) to return it back to stock, it might not lock the bootloader but it will restore the stock ROM and stock recovery so you can receive updates nevertheless.
10. kozza3 (Posts: 697; Member since: 17 Oct 2012)
Actually I think you have to relock your bootloader first before you run the RUU
4. tiara6918 (Posts: 2026; Member since: 26 Apr 2012)
I hope they release it all at the same time, mine is the hongkong version (m8y) and it takes a month after the us models get updated before i get it
8. steodoreben (Posts: 230; Member since: 26 Sep 2013)
The interface looks more promising than TW.
9. gaara6775 (Posts: 738; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Sense 6 had that material look and feel. The only think lacking was the recent apps and notifications menu,so I guess it was pretty easy for them to get this done within 2months.
Can't imagine m8,m7 being more fast than what they are now.
11. christol (Posts: 1; Member since: 01 Jan 2015)
I'm pretty sure once boot loader has been unlocked even with relocking it you will not receive otas.the file will most likely be available to flash anyway and even then it doesn't take long for custom roms to arrive which will probably be better anyway.
12. craigmason71 (Posts: 2; Member since: 02 Jan 2015)
well it should be out today anybody got it yet???
13. Poine001 (Posts: 2; Member since: 30 Jan 2015)
Still no update for M8y HTC__622..