Android 4.2 camera with PhotoSphere leaks for Galaxy Nexus
1. PhenomFaz posted on 31 Oct 2012, 15:04 4
android just keeps getting more exciting and photosphere is just fantastic by what I've seen of it! And here's a reason why nexus devices will always stay golden...no matter if its old nexus or new!
10. Droid_X_Doug posted on 31 Oct 2012, 18:10 0
I am a bit confused - is this new software going to be part of the upcoming LG Nexus 4? Or? What is confusing me is that I thought the Nexus 4 is supposed to ship with JB. But now it seems Google will be releasing v 4.2 soon.
Thanks in advance for any insight(s).
14. Zero0 posted on 31 Oct 2012, 19:33 0
4.2 is still going to be called Jelly Bean. This is the version that will ship with the Nexus 4.
16. PhenomFaz posted on 01 Nov 2012, 05:42 0
yup the new software will be a prt of the Nexus 4 as the release dates of Nexus 4 and android 4.2 are Novemeber 13th and the old Nexi devices should start receiving their updates that day too
2. nyamo posted on 31 Oct 2012, 15:06 0
fix permissions after the flash? usually fixes things right up
3. MichaelHeller posted on 31 Oct 2012, 15:48 0
I tried that, but it just keeps on closing. And, of course, I didn't heed my own advice and backup first...
9. nyamo posted on 31 Oct 2012, 17:49 0
my guess would be permissions aren't set right and you would have to fix manually, at least you can dirty flash whatever rom you're on to get everything back on track
15. MichaelHeller posted on 31 Oct 2012, 19:50 0
I'm running stock, so I'm just going to leave it as is until 4.2 pushes out and fixes it. I can always use an alternative camera app in the meantime. It's no biggie.
4. thief-thief posted on 31 Oct 2012, 15:59 0
doesn't look like android has anything actaully worth while to present any more :D
17. mikiemon posted on 02 Nov 2012, 15:38 0
Util Apple adds it them to iOS 7, then you'll swoon like a 13 year old girl at a Justin Bieber concert.
5. blingblingthing posted on 31 Oct 2012, 16:01 8
I guess we all know what the IPhone 6's must have feature will be.
6. Andman314 posted on 31 Oct 2012, 16:03 0
All i can say is WOW!!! It works great o my VZW GNexus. The rom that im using is Jelly Belly 9.3. It works a lot better the the JB cam.
7. dkreventon posted on 31 Oct 2012, 16:21 0
Works flawlessly on Galaxy S3 running Omega ROM v31.
There is still work to do on photo sphere, still not as consistent as panorama.
8. KingKurogiii posted on 31 Oct 2012, 16:45 0
it works on my mom's Nexus running AOKP JB Milestone 1 and it can take PhotoSpheres but it can't view them. force close every time i try to look at what i've captured. everything else is vastly improved though. there may not be a lot of new features with 4.2 but the thing that gets me excited is that Moto is going to take another step closer to stock Android with 4.2 to incorporate these new features. Moto's quick setting pane will be obsolete, they'll need a new lock screen which was good for ICS but for JB it doesn't make sense. i want them to just make it a stock lock screen but with their icons if they have to and of course they have to add this new Camera app. :D
13. imkyle posted on 31 Oct 2012, 19:31 0
I have the GSM Nexus and am looking forward to getting the 4.2 update, but i wonder how this is going to be considering the average camera on the device.
19. deafford posted on 28 Dec 2012, 12:40 0
Going to try on my spectrum and see how bad it crashes ;)