Acer Iconia A1 preview surfaces: solid 8-inch iPad mini rival for half the price
The Acer Iconia A1 comes as a succeeding model to the very affordable Iconia B1, but while that tablet had a low-quality TN screen, the Iconia A1 will feature a 7.9-inch IPS display with wide-viewing angles and a resolution of 1024 x 768 pixels, identical to the iPad mini.
The tablet design follows the “clean and simple” principles with rounded edges and an ergonomic build. It’s also slightly thicker than the 9.78mm Iconia B1 - it measures 11.1mm in thickness.
With a release date by the end of June and a price of 169 euro (that should translate into $169 in the United States), there is a lot to be excited about here.
Here is a quick rundown of its specs:
- Operating System: Android 4.2 Jelly Bean
- Processor: MediaTek MT8125 (4-core, 1.20GHz, Cortex-A9)
- RAM: 1GB
- Internal storage: 8GB/16GB versions (11.8GB free to the user in the latter)
- Graphics: PowerVR SGX
- Display: 7.9-inch 1024 х 768 pixel, capacitive IPS
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0
- Cameras: 5-megapixel auto-focus rear camera, recording 1080p video and a VGA front camera
- Sensors, other connectivity: GPS, accelerometer, gyroscope, 3.5mm jack, MicroSD card slot, Micro USB 2.0
- Battery: 3250 mAh battery
- Thickness: 11.10 mm
- Weight: 460 grams
Acer Iconia A1 first preview surfaces Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
Did you know: 5 interesting facts about Android L
20 Jul 2014, 10:02
Xiaomi Mi 4: hands-on photos and official press renders
22 Jul 2014, 06:52
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Acer Iconia A1 first preview surfaces
1. FlushGordon (unregistered)
To compete against the Mini..you got to have better specs at a cheaper price, ya hear me Acer? Ya hear me?
Acer is currently the KING of half @ssed skimped tablet maker right now
2. tadaa (Posts: 225; Member since: 18 Apr 2013)
3250 mah battery. I wonder how long that would last
3. FlushGordon (unregistered)
My guess would be Comparable to a 4000 + mah quad core on a 720p screen
6-8 hours...Assuming it has crap cpu/gpu that doesn't sip too much power,
4. TheBitterTruth (unregistered)
3250mah battery? C'mon even Motorola's 4.3 inch has 3300 mah battery.
5. imkyle (Posts: 969; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
End of June release date, and the next Nexus 7 will be out by then. Good planning. You should have released this before Google I/O.