AT&T offering standard insurance for all iPhone models from July 17th
1. hawk62 (Posts: 320; Member since: 21 Nov 2009)
ATT should let you switch to their plan if you already have insurance like mobile protect.
2. Whateverman (Posts: 3060; Member since: 17 May 2009)
And it only took 4 years! Shame on ATT, to offer such a game changing device but refusing to stand behind the product. This should have been done on day one.
3. kcombs (Posts: 245; Member since: 15 Dec 2010)
insurance is through a 3rd party company not att, Asurion finally let the iPhone have the mobile protect a year or so ago. my guess is too many people complained about the price and deductible..
4. Whateverman (Posts: 3060; Member since: 17 May 2009)
ATT should have backed the product they were selling, even if Asurion wasn't willing to cover it. Not to mention, there were other insurance companies could have gone with. They could have figured out a way.
5. flasjfljaslfjdajfldj (unregistered)
6. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
I think the problem with the iPhone was the high potential for fraud. Even now on VZW it costs $10/month to insure it with a $170 deductible. That's very high.
11. SavageLucy42 (Posts: 196; Member since: 24 Mar 2011)
Actually it was also part of the agreement with Apple who didn't want the iPhone under the regular ATT/Asurion insurance. That's why it took so long for ANY insurance to be available for the iphone.
7. Sniggly (Posts: 6193; Member since: 05 Dec 2009)
I agree with Whateverman. Even though Asurion sucks, it's about damn time the iPhone is covered under regular insurance.
Now if only Apple will pull its head out of its ass regarding warranty coverage.
14. iHateCrapple (Posts: 734; Member since: 12 Feb 2010)
Right? COMPLIMENTARY AppleCare for the first 90 days? Like their doing you a favor.
15. taco50 (banned) (Posts: 5506; Member since: 08 Oct 2009)
Just about every manufacturer has a pay for extended warranty. iPhone comes with a free 1 year warranty. RIM by the way charges customers as well to call in for tech support.
8. AbeHextech (unregistered)
Best Buy is the way to go friends!
9. stealthd (Posts: 742; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
I think I'd still rather go with Square Trade.
10. Socalvenom (unregistered)
Or you could just do what I did and pay $64 at an Apple store for iphone apple care insurance and it's fully covered for two years.
13. Eric (unregistered)
Read the fine print of the Apple Care terms and conditions.
It says that it does not cover anything that has to do with accidental damage, even giving "Acts of God" as an example. Apple care is simply an extended warranty, which covers manufacturers defects.
12. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 5166; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Just glad I don't own a Iphone. only own a Android and I still have my 4$ insurance
16. Anthony (unregistered)
Also remember all the fee's and everything else AT&T will charge that will be added to the price for the iphone insurance, with Phone Guard Global its $134.95 for the 16gb and $139.95 for the 32gb and they have a $50.00 deductible on accidental and $75.00 deductible on theft/loss and no other fee's added and they send out a replacement check for the full retail value for a new iphone they dont send out reburbished equipment. So visitwww.phoneguardglobal.com or search the App store for Phone Guard Global.
17. jailbreak iphone 5 (unregistered)
I phone models is a much larger platform, which is mainly used for connecting online books, read and play media files. Basically, the can do all the things the iPhone can do except call and send text messages. applications that allow the sending of text