A flexible Galaxy S5 concept video fuses speculation into a beautiful, aluminum phone
With 2014 fast approaching, it's about time we started getting a little crazy in anticipation of the upcoming Galaxy S5, and luckily – hype is anything but scarce. Obviously, it's all mostly speculation at this point, so do keep that firmly in mind. Having said that, we could contend that a certain amount of educated guesses are... well, a little more than just guessing. Tons of splintered intel has come in our general direction, and while we're doing our best to curate that information for your reading pleasure, nothing quite measures up to a full-blown concept video.
Courtesy of the folks behind the O2 Guru TV YouTube channel, the below 2 minute odd clip is actually a pretty well put-together summary of what we know, plus some fiction, of course. Said otherwise, while a 2560x1440 display is (at this point) likely and a 16MP snapper has been speculated already, we're quite new to the idea of an LG G Flex-like bendable Galaxy S5.
A Samsung Galaxy S5 concept Fullscreen
More popular slideshows
This Samsung Galaxy F (S5 Premium) concept looks almost real
07 Mar 2014, 23:59
iOS 7 release date and time are today (Sep 18), get ready to update!
18 Sep 2013, 04:00
Spring chickens: Samsung Galaxy S5 vs Sony Xperia Z2 comparison preview
26 Feb 2014, 09:37
Samsung Galaxy S5 rumor round-up: release date, price and specs
12 Feb 2014, 08:58
Samsung Galaxy S5: all you need to know
24 Feb 2014, 17:06
A Samsung Galaxy S5 concept
1. maccess (Posts: 451; Member since: 16 Jan 2013)
please no curve design.. just make it normal flat..
2. pokharkarsaga (Posts: 343; Member since: 23 Feb 2012)
Instead of bendable curve design,foldable design is much better.
22. techaman (Posts: 349; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
at least a year and half off for that maybe 2, i say normal only curve if sapphire screen protection, we all seen how the lg flex held up to a drop test
29. Finalflash (Posts: 899; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Just no curve is fine, you don't have to curve it just because you can.
4. emadshiny (Posts: 1005; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
The first thing that came to my mind was the same thing.
34. Ashoaib (Posts: 346; Member since: 15 Nov 2013)
no curve design? instead you must say "no aluminium" otherwise apple will put a case for using alumium bcoz it is used in iphone and apple is very strict for copying them
6. itsdeepak4u2000 (Posts: 1900; Member since: 03 Nov 2012)
OMG!! Hope this would come true...
9. nlbates66 (Posts: 170; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
I want to find all the people who think Samsung need to redo everything aluminium and then punch them in the face. :P
12. emadshiny (Posts: 1005; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Maybe its a faux aluminum, made of plastic!
19. htainlintha (Posts: 34; Member since: 20 Mar 2010)
Sometimes,things are better and most advanced than you could ever imagined, and I see how clueless for your brain to bash something not even existed yet, Winner is a winner and losers gonna hate,in my opinion, haters are worse than fanboys/girls. Just be patient and it won't be so late to save your sorry ass before it is too late,we are just consumers,no need to be overly-anticipated I think.Cheers!
35. amats69 (Posts: 796; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Sometimes we have to stop illusioning and live in reality..
41. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 143; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Illusioning? Ummmmmm...go get a dictionary, please. Unless you are from a non-English speaking country, then it's excusable.
42. amats69 (Posts: 796; Member since: 12 Nov 2012)
Im sorry for my bad english...wrong choice of words...
40. applesucker (Posts: 64; Member since: 29 Oct 2013)
of course it is how do you think a thin sheets of aluminum be able to form into an aircraft, cars and smartphones
11. twens (Posts: 421; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
All samsung needs to do is to improve on Twiz and maybe a refreshed UI. We all know their hardware is already topnotch. The note 3 is a living testimony.
23. techaman (Posts: 349; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
but no no no no no no no no touch button to laggy and it sucks unless it ends all processing when holding down.
13. E34V8 (Posts: 39; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
Instead of uping the resolution, Samsung should finally make a proper high ppi rgb OLED. What's the point of higher resolution, when the stupid pentile arrangement is used? 1080p is more than enough for a 5" screen. Just make it rgb.
32. tedkord (Posts: 3782; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
At over 400 ppi you can't tell the difference between an rgb stripe and pentile, or the diamond layout on the S4 and Note 3.
36. E34V8 (Posts: 39; Member since: 16 Dec 2011)
Yes you can. It's not only about seeing the individual pixel or the space between pixels, it's about colour accuracy and other image quality values.
15. harigrg33 (Posts: 139; Member since: 20 May 2013)
if this is coming out in 2014 than it will definately make the apple rip
20. htainlintha (Posts: 34; Member since: 20 Mar 2010)
I thought apple is already dying with the slipping of market share and losing customers to Android and Microsoft years by years and this 2013 is the most significant blow for them,they just need to work harder aren't they? @_@
16. jan25 (Posts: 351; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
bendable aluminium and with the way the battery is set in the chassis? whoever made this concept was smoking something.
18. antmiu2 (Posts: 164; Member since: 19 Jun 2011)
S5 will be something like:
5.25 inch flexible display at a 2560x1440 res
3gb of ram
redisigned(lighter) touchwiz over kit kat 4.4< more focused on this then adding new features
25. techaman (Posts: 349; Member since: 03 Jul 2011)
3400 mah battery 4 gb ram touchwiz and you already have side load for tizen with 4.3 or higher, i like tizen better much faster. more like 5 inch display redisgned bezel slimmer.
21. hassoups (Posts: 89; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
If this turns out to be just that but flat and without the samsung branding in the front I just might ditch my iPhone.. Branding should never be there in the first place.. Only in the back
24. hassoups (Posts: 89; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
One more thing is that I wish they could let the whole ui be dark with colors like the night modes on many apps.. That would be gorgeous
26. androiphone20 (Posts: 955; Member since: 10 Jul 2013)
The human brain has a thing with duality. Apple &Samsung, iOS &Android, Windows & Mac, fans & haters. Every action has a reaction, cause & effect. I won't blame you if you drag Apple into a Samsung article, we are all victims of casualty
27. ImperialDynamics (Posts: 11; Member since: 30 Nov 2012)
I think curved screens are a stupid idea
28. Loubielou (Posts: 167; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Samsung in 2014 have really got to show to Apple,that instead of going to Court All the Time,that they are going to release Really High Class Smartphones to make Apple Struggle,Curved screen phones might be o.k if they are not power consuming an more good in Sunlight,but whats the battery size going to made available for these phones,but Samsung do not want to do what Apple do create phones an then Over Value there phones
30. mike2959 (Posts: 137; Member since: 08 Oct 2011)
Curved and flexible Phone's will go the way of 3d Phone's.
31. cornerofthemoon (Posts: 466; Member since: 20 Apr 2010)
Odd favor the the Galaxy S5 will look like a smaller clone of the Galaxy Note 3
33. KillerKeyboard (Posts: 61; Member since: 21 Nov 2013)
I just love seeing concept phones. =)
38. ravivarma639 (Posts: 17; Member since: 15 Apr 2013)
I think Aluminum design and flexible design cant be fitted as one right?
39. andynaija (Posts: 309; Member since: 08 Sep 2012)
Looks kind of weird and it's a little too curvy.
43. GeekMovement (Posts: 1495; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
Looks great imo, but that's a huge camera hole on the back @_@