360 Clean Droid runs circles among Android smartphone optimization apps
|Developer: 360mobilesafe||Download: Android|
|Genre: Tools||Price: Free|
We talked form, let's talk function now. First, the app boasts "millisecond boosting technology", which is 'fancy speak' for its ability to execute all its optimization programs with a single tap. Second, 360 Clean Droid features "advanced trash cleanup". We're not completely sure what makes it so advanced compared to other algorithms, but nevertheless, it's going to free plenty of space on your phone that you probably didn't know you had. Finally, the app has a "privacy protection" module, which lets you erase web history, traces of other apps, text message history and phone call logs, and other stuff you don't want to display in public.
To top it all off, 360 Clean Droid has an "Autostarts Manager", which lets you disable specific apps from starting upon your device's boot. There's also a "Bloatware Uninstaller", which counts the number of pre-installed apps your smartphone or tab comes from and puts it against the number of apps you voluntarily installed. Needless to say, you can proceed to uninstall most of them, although this functionality expects your device to be rooted.
All told, if you are looking for a reasonably well-featured and good-looking Android optimization app, try 360 Clean Droid. You don't have anything to lose.
3. magnanimus (Posts: 329; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
I use clean master and its exactly the same :/ who ripped who off?!
5. CellularNinja (Posts: 303; Member since: 27 Sep 2011)
I've never been a fan of clean-up apps on android. I feel like half of them use up a larger amount of the phones resource then they even free up. I'll try this one out but I doubt I'll like it.
17. JEverettnow (Posts: 210; Member since: 11 Mar 2013)
Its true. I'm a cell phone tech and whenever I see phones that have performance issues there are always cleaning apps on them. Those apps are snake oil for phones.
4. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I hate Clean Master. It suggest me to un-install Chrome, and install some unknown web browser.
18. TheOldOne (Posts: 105; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
the CM Browser is acctually pretty good, you should give it a try.
(not 100% sure, but I guess the engine is still Chromium)
12. the_s2 (Posts: 211; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
This is clearly a Clean Master rip-off. No Thanks.
2. Busyboy (Posts: 412; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
Or just download 360 Security that has everything together.
6. Settings (Posts: 706; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
What happened to CCleaner? I was waiting for that to come out on the Playstore. I remembered it was announced last year
13. the_s2 (Posts: 211; Member since: 22 Nov 2011)
19. aditya.k (Posts: 482; Member since: 10 Mar 2013)
Its available for limited users i suppose..
7. WahyuWisnu (Posts: 1001; Member since: 29 May 2014)
Is this spyware aps?
1. It needs access to calender & contact information
2. Use one or more of SMS, MMS. Charges may apply
3. Use one or more of: phone, call log. Charges may apply
4. Use one or more of: Camera(s), micrphone(s)
5. It want to know about my Wifi, such as names of connected Wi-Fi devices?
6. Allow the app to determine the phone number and device ID, whether a call is active, and the remote number connected by a call.
Is that all necessary for optimization apps, it sound more like spyware to me.
8. rjmlive (Posts: 43; Member since: 07 Apr 2012)
Android is the Windows OS of the late 90's. Windows Phone is like the Unix of the late 90's.
9. grayson34 (Posts: 3; Member since: 13 Mar 2013)
If "run circles" means clone other apps *cough*clean master*cough* then yeah, it definitely does that well.
11. Cyberchum (Posts: 281; Member since: 24 Oct 2012)
They're memory hogs and sips precious battery. I freeze them after each use.
14. hassoups (Posts: 385; Member since: 06 Jun 2013)
it's not 2009 anymore, these apps should have no place on the playstore.
16. nothingmuch (Posts: 183; Member since: 03 May 2013)
Sry, I tried to read the whole article but a big giant over half the screen AD got in the way....with a teeny weeny xclose button that i have to use my Spen to tap..... PA
20. jj123hk (Posts: 1; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
Be Aware Americans and World Internet Users:
This 360 Clean Droid is developed by COMMUNIST CHINA company!
There is very high potential that there are malware / trojan horse that could tap your personal messages and company/national secrets! BE AWARE and do not use it whenever possible!
There are plenty of facts and evidences that China IT firms are being supported by China COMMUNIST Government to snoop on US/Europe/Asian government/private enterprises secrets! Be VERY CAREFUL when using and buying Chinese IT products/services!!
Also, Support software from FREE & DEMOCRATIC countries of the world!