35 HTC codenames leak, let the speculation begin!
Probably most important is the fact that we see the M7 here - the rumored flagship of the manufacturer for 2013. By the looks of it, there will be many variants of this handset, which indicates that there may be different storage spaces, carrier versions and so on.
Some of the names found on the list are ones of already launched or cancelled phones. For example, the Deluxe is the recently-announced Butterfly. On the other hand, the HTC Primominiu is rumored to be a successor to the HTC One V. Many of the models on the list, however, are completely unfamiliar, so it's safe to say that HTC plans quite a lot of surprises for us in 2013.
Do you have any ideas what some of these models may be? Check out the full list below!
- PULSE_TD PUE_TD
29. CivicSi89 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 14:28 2 1
i see what you did there.....
2. zuckerboy posted on 03 Jan 2013, 05:44 2 3
htc makes good phones but I don't know why not selling as samsung or apple ?
8. alouden posted on 03 Jan 2013, 06:53 8 2
I personally love HTC phones and have owned several for Verizon. I opted for the Galaxy S3 in December over the DNA because of the limited memory and no options for memory expansion and the sealed battery. HTC's problems are not phone quality. They have a tendency to shoot themselves in the foot. They will put out a great phone, but invariably I will say "It is a great phone, EXCEPT for...." Another issue: their products are fragmented (the DNA sold on verizon only. The J butterfly, which has an SD slot and which I would have purchased, sold in Japan only). Moreover, they deal in too many exclusives. Exclusive to AT&T. Exclusive to Verizon. It just has not worked for them. In contrast, samsung's Galaxy S3 is far less fragmented. And Apple has one phone.
12. jove39 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 07:57 3 3
For me It's sense and average battery life...sense is stalled now...no improvements...whereas...samsung is constantly improving upon TW...I really like multi-window support...It's really useful on devices like Note2. May be onexl will be my first and last HTC device.
15. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 09:17 8 0
They don't really have a unified flagship line.
If they sold the same single phone on all the carriers and advertised it like samsung and apple, they'd probably have more success.
18. Berzerk000 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 10:03 0 0
It looks like they're going to sell the M7 on quite a few carriers, given there are 8 versions of it listed.
21. nnaatthhaannx2 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 10:52 0 0
I guess we'll see.
26. Captain_Doug posted on 03 Jan 2013, 12:01 0 0
It did sound like it was going to be released worldwide.
31. Mario1017 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 16:32 0 0
Its because every single one of their last phones since the got on to android have been exclusive to single carriers. Thats why theyre not selling. Phones on some carriers are worse that phones on others, and also because they generally have small batreries. If they dont do what samsung did with the s3 then they wont be getting anywhere
3. Deaconclgi posted on 03 Jan 2013, 05:51 5 0
So much for the "less models strategy" of the One Series.....
7. Bedz81 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 06:04 1 0
Just thinking the same thing. I wonder if any of these will have a battery with 2020+ worth of juice??
4. Berzerk000 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 05:56 2 0
I see Quattro near the bottom, wasn't that the HTC tablet that was leaked way back when?
30. gwuhua1984 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 15:03 0 0
Perhaps HTC is trying to get back into tablets?
10. neutralguy posted on 03 Jan 2013, 07:12 2 0
i think for different varieties for different carriers :) therefore, it would be, for me alone, indeed, the flagship model of HTC for this year :D
14. Nathan_ingx posted on 03 Jan 2013, 08:20 1 1
Wendy Garret...check again, there's 8.
What happened to your eyes?
EYE CANCER??? :P
9. pyradark posted on 03 Jan 2013, 07:09 3 4
They flooding the market with too many phone with the same look. Sorry HTC but both of you and LG is going down this year. Nexus 4 will be a little bit of help but not to sustain the whole LG.
32. gwuhua1984 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 17:09 1 1
I doubt HTC will go down this year, HTC Butterfly has been selling like crazy. So far it's sold out at all retailers in Taiwan. HTC stock also went back up.
13. Nathan_ingx posted on 03 Jan 2013, 08:16 0 0
I like the names Apollo, Knight, Pulse and Quattro...
A pitch black Knight sounds good...
16. charms55 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 09:42 0 0
Don't know that I care to speculate on what any one name means, but hoping one is the Titan/Titan II replacement (formerly Zenith). Also with the J added to some, hoping a WP8 handset is destined for Japan, as we are yet to receive any Windows Phone 8 here.
17. jed27 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 09:57 0 0
EVITA is the codename for HTC One X AT&T, don't know what's the UTL suffix is for though.
19. BREvenson posted on 03 Jan 2013, 10:19 1 0
HTC has come a long way from phones like the Hero and the G1. Their phones are well-designed and powerful, but it seems that it's more sizzle than steak, as the hype does die down quickly for most of their phones. They have done well this past year: the One X, Droid DNA, EVO 4G LTE, 8X...those were pretty impressive phones.
Personally I'd like to see HTC try again with a tablet. Sure, the Flyer needed a lot of work, but it wasn't too bad for a first try...well, then they tried with the Jetstream, and that didn't work too well either. Well, third time's the charm. :p
20. gwuhua1984 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 10:20 3 0
I don't know why I'm excited, I'm not in the market for a new phone until 2014/15
27. Captain_Doug posted on 03 Jan 2013, 12:04 0 0
Jan 2014 for me. Never again will I sign a 2 year contract.
35. gwuhua1984 posted on 04 Jan 2013, 19:35 0 0
I don't get phones on contracts, I stay in contract for the huge rebates and discounts from those lil Chinese authorization dealers. Get an unlocked device about every 2 years.
36. Captain_Doug posted on 04 Jan 2013, 22:58 0 0
I have a Dinc2 and it really isn't going to last. There's a 95% chance I'm just going to pay the ETF and get something on T-mo's monthly 4G or even straight talk or simple mobile. Preferably 4G at least 1GB of data, and unlimited talk/text.
22. monkeytown posted on 03 Jan 2013, 11:09 3 1
2bad that htc didn´t learn from their fails :(
still quantity over quality
24. gwuhua1984 posted on 03 Jan 2013, 11:27 1 0
That's about 18 phones, the ones without a variation may be something that's for Verizon or Sprint.
6 phones with different variations. Those ones will be probably be the ones I'm looking forward to.
23. bloodline posted on 03 Jan 2013, 11:24 0 0
htc desire was the best phone of 2010 why the hell did they ruin it. The desire range could of been as strong as the galaxy range
28. Android4u posted on 03 Jan 2013, 14:18 1 0
Hope one of these codenames is the evo 4g lte 2 hahah...until then its wishful thinking time
37. a961009 posted on 04 Jan 2013, 23:12 0 0
I guess there will be 18 different models
38. cdgoin posted on 05 Jan 2013, 21:50 0 0
ANY WP QWERTY phones to compete with BB10..? PLEASE PLEASE SAY YES !!