2013 Dodge Dart will feature wireless charging
“At Mopar, we look for every single opportunity to make our customers’ lives easier,” said Pietro Gorlier, President and CEO of Mopar, Chrysler Group LLC’s service, parts and customer-care brand. “Our industry-first in-vehicle wireless charging system is the perfect solution for those connected customers who are always on the go.”
The accessory feature will retail for $199 plus installation. When installed, it is seamlessly integrated into the bin that sits in front of the center console, underneath the head unit and climate controls in the center stack. The unit will come with a special phone case that will allow your device to be charged whenever the vehicle is on.
For techies and mobile enthusiasts alike, the 2013 Dodge Dart is also slated to feature vehicle-information apps for customer’s smartphones, Electronic Vehicle Tracking System (EVTS) that is able to text an owner when the car is driven too fast or outside a designated area, the ability to turn the vehicle into a Wi-Fi hotspot, and WiTECH wireless vehicle diagnosis.
1. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5669; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i remember watching the Dart's Live Blog Announcement. Advanced little Car. i wouldn't mind having one myself. of course i wouldn't take it over an SRT-8 Charger. xD
3. CharleneSchnepf (Posts: 16; Member since: 30 Nov 2011)
Definitely, I think (and hope) Fiat's involvement will take the company in the right direction.
4. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5669; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah, i was actually just wondering earlier if Fiat had their hand in creating the Dart. o:
9. remixfa (Posts: 14253; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
god i hope so. dodge has been dodgy.. for quite some time. The trucks are OK, but those cars are horrible. might as well be GM.
2. Jonathan41 (Posts: 532; Member since: 22 Mar 2012)
This is sweet! I'm glad to see Dodge moving forward.
This is kinda of topic but, has anyone seen the new 2013 Dodge Viper? It's bada**!
5. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5669; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i saw the teaser pictures a few days ago but i just looked up some more and it looks pretty nice. looks kind of like a Lotus Elise/Nissan 350Z/Dodge Viper Love Child.
6. Ralston1983 (Posts: 69; Member since: 03 Feb 2011)
It's actually no longer going to be called a Dodge. It's going to start it's own "brand" entitled SRT. So it's the SRT Viper. The Challenger/Charger/and 300 will soon follow suit.
7. Mario1017 (Posts: 336; Member since: 04 Sep 2011)
actually the new viper is going t be badged as a dodge, not SRT
8. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5669; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
that doesn't really make sense. what will Dodge have then? the RAM has already branched into it's own line so that'll leave dodge with the Avenger, Dart, Journey, Durango and the Grand Caravan. xD
10. ibap (Posts: 719; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
When the car is driven "to fast"? Someone is going to make it stop eating?
11. nak1017 (Posts: 328; Member since: 08 Jan 2010)
WOW, 184hp out of a 2.4L engine with a Turbo! And not releasing MPG info either...
Dodge/Fiat needs to sink some money into engine development and stop worrying about extras like wireless charging...
12. nleko926 (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
If they were smart they would use the same 2.4 turbo set as they used in the srt 4 line the neon, caliber, and the PT even though the PT wasnt considered a SRT car. Than added all the fancy technology that would be a hell of a car than. Also as much as I love chargers they should not be 4 doors.
13. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5669; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
i like that the Charger is 4 door. the Challenger is the 2 door even though it's kind of big.
14. nleko926 (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
the original challenger was a two door and big.. same with the charger. if they are gonna remake something remake it how it should be.
15. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5669; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
yeah so? the Charger was even bigger back in the day so what? we have a 2 door muscle car and a 4 door muscle car now. that's better than having a pair of 2 door muscle cars. the world isn't the same anymore especially with the economy.
16. nleko926 (Posts: 3; Member since: 10 Apr 2012)
It shouldnt be called a Charger than. Dont remake something and have it not look enclose how it use to look it doesnt make sence.
17. KingKurogiii (Posts: 5669; Member since: 23 Oct 2011)
xD all you're complaining about is a second set of doors. it's not like it was a two seater before.
18. devang4u (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Apr 2012)
Hey – I must say, I sure am impressed with your site. I had no difficulties navigating through all of the tabs and the info was really simple to access. I found what I required in no time at all. Pretty awesome.