ZTE ZMAX User Reviews

8.9

zekes posted on Jun 03, 2015, 6:43 PM
Posts: 230; Member since: Aug 14, 2012

very good

zekes has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

had this phone a long time very good for 99$ the battery is better then the droid turbo the lte is fast needs a lollipop update soon tho i loving it zte zmax :) please up date tmobile usa thx

zekes alternatives:

Nick1119 posted on Mar 20, 2015, 4:45 AM
Posts: 14; Member since: Sep 21, 2014

Impressed.

Nick1119 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I bought this phone from a Metropcs store at $99 sale, down from $250 :) I'm very impressed with the speed of this phone, considering it doesn't have a top of the line Snapdragon 810 processor, but the 400! I just sold my very fast and pretty iPhone 5s in order to get an unlimited plan on Metropcs, and my plan was to buy an unlocked iphone and make it work on metro. But to my big surprise, I love this phone. It's not like my previous laggy Androids which I hated so much. This phone is fast.

Pros

• Battery.
  • Large 5.7" Screen.
  • Speed.

TechNeck posted on Feb 17, 2015, 6:40 PM
Posts: 651; Member since: Aug 29, 2014

It's a great side phone..

TechNeck has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

So far so good. It's a good phone to buy, if you're on a budget. It's reliable with it's battery. I would recommend this phone to others. So if you're on a budget, want a big phone with somewhat decent specs, this is the perfect phone for you.

Pros

• Large Screen
  • Decent specs

Cons

• On screen buttons would be better.

stefzemail posted on Apr 25, 2017, 4:43 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Apr 20, 2016

SHOULD BE A TOP 10 FAVORITE!!!

stefzemail has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Bought it new for $99 at Walmart 11/14 and it's still going strong. Before using bought a bullet proof glass cover and and wrap around case on it. NEVER had any problems, EVER. The battery still lasts great, pics and video have always been great...took awhile for me to use the sport setting to get a lot better motion pics but this phone can't be beat. Daughter wanted one for 2016 Christmas and they were all much more expensive and almost none existent then. She settled for the ZMAX 2. She doesn't like it nearly as much as ours. Only regret is not getting any more updates - on 4.4.4 now. Really this has been a treat to have this phone.

Pros

• dual band wireless
  • everything else

phpeters87 posted on Jun 11, 2015, 9:31 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jun 11, 2015

Incredible value and a great phone regardless of price!

phpeters87 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Hard to believe that this great phone costs less than $100.00 before taxes.
It took me a month to find a Metro PCS store that had one in stock and they sold out the same day.
Get it while you can from a MPCS Corporate store, as the MIR (Mail-in rebate) takes about 3 months to receive.

I've had this phone for 3 months and am still enjoying the "Honeymoon" period.

Phone has little "bloatware" and adding Nova Launcher + and Icon Pack such as "Sense Glass" will improve your experience, along with a Lock Screen app such as "Widget Locker"

Not as "slick" as the Sammy S-5, but it doesn't cost $600
No More dropped calls like I had with ATT
Audio on calls is great, especially with headphones.
Like most cell phones, WiFi reception can be lacking, although I have Unlimited Data so it's not an issue.
MP3 playback is better than that of my Brother's Sammy S-5 Dolby EQ makes a big difference and even with inexpensive earbuds, audio quality is the best of any phone I have owned, iPhones included and volume is LOUD without minimal distortion when turned up all the way. Best MP3 sound on any phone I've ever heard!
8MP video and still cam takes great pics/vids. Download "Open Cam" from the app store and you will see an improvement in your vids and stills.
2GB of RAM makes everything a snap.
Easy to use and the 3,400 MaH battery last forever. With my old LG phone, I used to have to bring a charged spare battery with me as I couldn't get thru a full day without a battery swap. The ZMax battery lasts a full day playing music, watching vids, YouTube, surfing the web, etc... Only negative is that the battery is not removable, but I've never had an issue with a battery failing to hold a charge or losing it's charge over time, so I'm not concerned about the embedded battery.
Easy, especially with the large 5.7" screen. I also recommend "Smart Keyboard Pro" from the Play Store. Best Keyboard app I've ever used and enhances your texting experience and makes it a breeze.
258ppi isn't top of the line, but it's not really noticable unless compared side-by-side to a $600+ Sammy S-5/6 Otherwise, the UI looks great, except... There is some LCD Backlight bleed thru on certain Settings Menus, but for $99.00, I can live with it and this issue does not occur on any other screens such as the Lock Screen, Home Screen, in any apps, etc...Only in Menus in Settings and it is more of a transition from Black to dark gray towards the bottom of the screen. Non-issue.
3,400 MaH Battery! I can play music, vids, YT vids, take vids, pics, record audio and still have battery life at the end of the day! With my old LG phone, I would have to bring a charged, spare battery with me to get thru an 8 hour day. With the ZMax, I get thru a 12-hour day with battery life to spare. The Battery is embedded, but I've never had a battery lose it's ability to hold a charge and needed to replace it, so I'm confident that the embedded battery is a non-issue. The battery just

Pros

• Price, Data plan & price, Screen size, audio quality, Battery life
  • Still & Vid camera, Dolby audio
  • Very little bloatware
  • Lot's of storage, plus a provision for an SD Card
  • "Root" is now enabled, but not really needed with so little bloatware, launchers and Icon packs.
  • I highly recommend this phone, especially at the price point of $99.00. You would be hard-pressed to find a phone with these features costing 2x as much, if not more.

Cons

• LCD bleed thru in Settings menu. Other than that, best bang for the buck by far.

carlb posted on Jun 02, 2015, 11:18 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 23, 2014

Unbeatable for the price

carlb has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I have it since October 2014 and I am still impressed. It is absolutely amazing that you can get something like this for the price. call quality, speed , screen,memory, clean android, even the camera ( do not try action pics or very low light).
the only real draw back is the non removable battery. A few useful features are missing, like the ability to print directly from the phone.
the only open question is, how long this phone will last?

There is a little bit of the flimsy, cheap feel.
no real issues.
no real issues, great in HD.
Not good in very low light or action fotography

Pros

• price, battery life, screen size, memory

Cons

• non removable battery, some useful features missing

damien74 posted on Mar 04, 2015, 11:35 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 05, 2014

Great Budget Buy!

damien74 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I wanted a big screen, and I was on a budget. This phone was the perfect fit for me. I am very happy it.

I bought a defective OnePlus One before this, so the size was not a big deal, plis I wanted to try a big phone.

The last phone I had for a while was the LG G2. The Zmax is no premium phone, but is quite impressive in its category. I miss a lot of the premium features of my old phone, but at this price I wont feel bad if I go out and buy another phone when I can.

Pros

• Price
  • Big Screen
  • LTE
  • Memory Space
  • packs a good accurate punch for price

Cons

• its a cheap phone
  • not a flag ship phone

technerd145 posted on Feb 24, 2015, 8:57 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Nov 15, 2014

Great phone for a budget price

technerd145 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I tested out this phone at T-Mobile once and it was just an amazing experience. Although it didn't seem like the latest user interface due to the non-transparent status bar, it's still reasonable for the price and it doesn't seem outdated at all. I would recommend this phablet to everybody who's looking for a great phablet alternative.

Pros

• Lots of storage capacity left.
  • Great camera.
  • Good grip.
  • Mostly stock Android.
  • Excellent battery life.
  • Big screen.

Cons

No Cons

tmarie posted on Dec 15, 2014, 11:51 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Dec 15, 2014

LOVE IT!

tmarie has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

So far, I love this phone! The large screen is very nice as well as the sleek thin design. I traded in my iPhone 5 and I much prefer this and the Android operating system. I have so much more freedom with this phone.

Despite heavy use and several apps the battery life lasts!

Pros

• large screen--fast--beautiful graphics and display

Cons

• could be an adjustment for someone not used to such a large screen