Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite User Reviews Back

gmk2311 posted on Jan 27, 2020, 7:54 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jan 27, 2020

Amazing fon for small money!

gmk2311 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

July 2018, I had never heard of xiaomi. And I can still barely spell it.
I was using phone arena to spec out my new phone to upgrade my S5.
I needed IR Blaster, SD card slot, replaceable battery, sub $200 price and wanted a larger screen and better specs than the S5. I was willing to give up some on screen quality.
Replaceable battery fell by the wayside pretty early as they are, sadly, almost extinct. But I still wanted ample battery life to go longer than 24hrs on a charge.
I liked the big screen on the redmi pro, but the smaller battery (and I think no IR blaster made that a no-go.)
Eventually, I settled on the Redmi Lite and have never regretted it. Since the phone had just been introduced I had to order the Euro version from ebay which was easy to do.
The screen is great. It's not really larger than the S5 once you subtract the notched area, but it's usually adequate.
The cameras are Not as good as the S5 but still very good. The color and brightness of the screen is great, tho the contrast was slightly better on the S5.
But all of those have been acceptable tradeoffs.
My GF inherited my old S5 and occasionally in some fringe areas, she will have enough signal to use her phone on the Cricket network when I cannot. But that's kind of splitting hairs as well.
The memory and specs of the xiaomi were significant improvements over the S5 and I have enjoyed the extra power.
I have dropped the phone a few times and it still doesn't have any problems. It has gotten...

It'd slightly less robust at reception than my S5.
I liked volume rocker on left side of the S5 better
I suppose I have large fingers. And I try to type fast. Sometimes I wish screen was slightly larger so buttons wouldn't be so close together
Contrast is not as good as the S5, but it's also $200 cheaper. Brightness and clarity is great!

Pros

• Price, features, quality, battery is awesome

Cons

• There are better screens but how can I compare a Ferrari to a Lamborghini?