Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com

T-Mobile REVVL V+ 5G User Reviews Back

7.5
7.5

DaveHuber posted on 4 days ago, 11:31 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 25, 2021

Expand storage using SanDisk Extreme A2

DaveHuber has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

My brother was using an Android 10 LG Stylo 5 (6.2" Full HD+ 1080x2160 18:9 ratio ~390 ppi density display) but hit the absurd limit of 15GB available storage with no usable expandability via the microSD card slot, making it useless for GoPro Quik. And he guinea pigged a very important lesson for me...

He moved his unused Samsung EVO Select 256GB MicroSDXC UHS-I U3 100MB/s Full HD & 4K UHD card to his new Revvl V+ 5G phone and formatted it as internal memory. After which he had nothing but problems! Eventually we discovered Storage was showing as 256GB used of 512GB! He had to not only unmount and remove the card but was unable to install any apps from the Play Store due to "insufficient memory" even though storage was now showing 26GB used of 64GB until he reset the SIM card!

So I bought two SanDisk Extreme 256GB SDSQXA1-256G-GN6MA microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card - Up to 160MB/s, C10, U3, V30, 4K, A2 cards and no problems since.

Honestly, the only problems I've had are the minor annoyances of being unable to resize or reposition the Google Search bar at the top of my home screen, but by moving one app to a secondary Home Page I can just swipe left to switch to a searchbar-free display.

Also, I too am irritated by the SMS Messages app not supporting text copy. I haven't found a workaround yet. But you can download Google Gallery Go if you're used to an image gallery app.

I gathered my 24 favorite apps into a two-page group at bottom center (the most used 16 residing on page 1),...

Even in a silicone skin my brother's screen shows a blotch after being dropped in sand
Much improved over my Moto E4 4G LTE.
Crystal clear except sometimes it drops words due to excessive compression.
Speedy and responsive web browsing.
Uses legacy formats like BMP, GIF, JPG, WAV and even MIDI
Good enough I feel no need for a GoPro.
The screen resolution of 1640x720 is only a bit better than my 2017 Moto E4 (it has a 5" 1280x720 IPS LCD with 294ppi over 2GB of RAM and 16GB of storage expanded to 128GB with a 2800mAh removable battery). And it's quite a downgrade from my brother's Stylo 5! But the upside is how responsive the UI is on Android 11, with the low-res display (6.8" 1640x720 20:9 ratio, 263 PPI) offering no challenges for the MediaTek Dimensity 700 chipset with Mali-G57 MC2 GPU. Like my ancient Moto E4 it's an IP
Ideal entry level single tasking phone.
Messages app doesn't support selecting text to copy.
The big trade-off compromise. But it's adequate.
Strong battery life. I get 48 hours between charges.

larryc2005 posted on Aug 11, 2021, 9:00 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Aug 11, 2021

Great camera

larryc2005 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Well, let's see!
Great camera, a bit bulky, but very affordable! This phone comes in at $199.00, a lot cheaper than even 4g models of all brands. It is fairly easy to use but a bit confusing at first.
All in all, if you don't carry your phone with you at all times, it's a great value!