Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) User Reviews

Jayden848_Life posted on Jul 20, 2017, 6:41 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 20, 2017

Best Samsung Budget Smartphone Ever!

Jayden848_Life has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've had my phone this March 2017 and it is awesome. I refer it to a Samsung Galaxy S7 budget phone edition. The only problem is that it runs Android 6.0.1, but I don't mind it. Overall, this phone is fantastic! A must budget phone buy :-)

THIS PHONE IS FANTASTIC!

Pros

• Fast Speed
  • Wifi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ Wifi Direct/ Mobile Hotspot
  • 4G LTE (Verizon)
  • Worth The Money!
  • Clear And Bright 5 Megapixel Rear Camera

Cons

• Android 6.0.1

sabrina165 posted on Jan 04, 2017, 3:26 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jan 04, 2017

I just love it

sabrina165 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I love the phone and samsung . the phone is fast never hank and adorable . A beautiful design and irreplacebale. I just love my phone. People may think I'm crazy but I'm just expressing my feelings towards my phone . I love my phone and I love Samsung

KC2FYA posted on Feb 25, 2017, 2:19 PM
Posts: 3; Member since: Dec 19, 2013

J3 is a Great Starter phone.

KC2FYA has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I purchased this phone from Boost Mobile in early December, and I am delighted thus far with its performance. The Boost variant has 1.5 GB of RAM and 16 GB of ROM with a 1.2 GHz Snapdragon 410 Processor and Adreno 306 Graphics. The battery lasts a whole day + on a single charge even with the LTE (4G) enabled. I lose about 1-2 percent battery capacity per hour if I take conservation measures. I installed "Doze" on the J3 and I am now losing 0.40-1.00 % per hour.

The 720 x 1280 display is nice. The AMOLED seems to handle well, colors are vibrant for the most part. The camera is not good, but this is not a S7. The Boost variant comes with Android Lollipop 5.1.1 out of the box, I hope that an upgrade to at least Marshmallow (6.0.1) is being considered.

The earpiece audio is excellent. I also got excellent reports on my voice from the phone (bottom microphone). The Speakerphone is fair, the ringers and alerts could be a bit louder. Overall this makes for a good starter phone on Boost Mobile.

The Back Cover is not made well, could break it if one is not careful removing it or placing it back.
LTE is Good to Fair in my area.
Awesome audio in earpiece. I have been complimented on my audio quality via the bottom microphone. Speakerphone & Ringers could be louder.
My music and videos are good with the J3. I Heart runs smooth.
Camera is disappointing. The Selfie one is not bad.
The UI is rapid. It seldom lags.
I am a SKYWARN Weather Spotter for the National Weather Service and I use my J3 in the field.
The Samsung keyboard is intuitive and it does have emojis.
AMOLED is nice, adjustable as well.
Battery lasts pretty long, even on LTE. I use "Doze" and battery standby is improved. If you have screen on for long, battery drains quickly!

Pros

• 1.5 GB of RAM
  • 16 GB of ROM
  • Snapdragon 410 Processor
  • Good Feel
  • Excellent Audio in Earpiece
  • Battery Life Good even with LTE (4G)
  • Excellent Display (720p)
  • Smooth Operations, no major lags

Cons

• Ringers and Speakerphone is low
  • Lollipop 5.1.1
  • Must have a screen protector

KC2FYA alternatives: