Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com

Samsung Galaxy A11 User Reviews Back

domfonusr posted on Mar 31, 2021, 3:29 PM
Posts: 1155; Member since: Jan 17, 2014

Very nice for a budget Samsung device... if only it were more budget friendly...

domfonusr has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I was looking for a new device after a watery mishap with my Motorola Moto E5 Cruise (yes, I know it has a water-repellant nanocoating, but that doesn't always help when the water puddle is deep... and in your own poncho pocket... for an extended period of time). While the battery capacity of the old phone suffered badly, I was able to get the rest of the phone operating mostly okay after a good dry-out, but after a couple of days of that I decided it would be safest to get a new device. I had already been looking at the LG Harmony 4 as a contender at the time, but found this Samsung Galaxy A11 to be potentially a better choice. I had looked at HMD Nokia's, too, but found them to be suffering from a lack of good reviews, and an overabundance of poor reviews, on the carrier website. At $109.99, this was more than twice what I would normally pay for a new phone, but it had the Samsung brand on it that Android users often swear by, so what was the harm, right? Well, the phone works well overall. Sure - there are a few things about it that are annoying - I wish the phone had not cost quite as much, and I wish the phone did not have so much bloatware on it from the carrier and the manufacturer, and I wish the phone had a little more RAM; but, overall, this was not a bad phone. It has Qualcomm's Snapdragon 450 in it, which I believe to be superior to the MediaTek Helio P22 in the primary contender, and now that LG may soon announce that even their existing phones will no longer...

For the materials used, this phone has good form, and is fitted together well.
Reception is decent, especially on my carrier of choice. The phone connects and hold signal well, even on just one bar.
Call quality seems passable almost all of the time. I would not say that it is particularly great, but it is at least average or above average.
The browser options are mostly what one would expect, and the browser that I use tends to behave as expected... perhaps a little slow from time to time on the most information-intensive sites.
Everything I need or even want to see or hear is quite easily accessible both from streaming sources and from device-side files. Music played on the device does so without interruption. Photos and video display in most cases without any problems.
The camera is decent for an average or above-average 13-megapixel main unit. The wide-angle camera is also quite welcome.
With just 2GB of RAM, and the pop-up ads from the bloatware (carrier or manufacturer) on board, the UI speed does suffer from time to time. The processor is fine, but I wish this phone had 3GB of RAM.
Works very well for a budget device in our day.
Decent on-screen keyboard from manufacturer, with plenty of additional options for those who need something a little different.
Biggest display I've ever had on any phone I've ever owned, though not quite as pixel-dense as my last phone (Motorola Moto E5 Cruise/Play).
Biggest battery I've ever had in a phone I have owned so far... makes easy work of a full day with capacity to spare.

Pros

• Big battery
  • 3.5mm audio jack
  • Fast charging at up to 15W
  • Big display (hole punch)
  • microSD support

Cons

• most expensive phone I've bought in the last ten years, even though it was on sale...

domfonusr alternatives:

gameralert posted on Apr 19, 2021, 12:30 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Apr 19, 2021

Decent I'll say

gameralert has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I've used this but I'll say it's ok and it's sort of beginner friendly but with this u can get a samsung one ui phone for a cheap price! (On other reviews you'll find a bad reviews ) I would say this phone is currently my main phone but I don't recommend people who wants a perfect phone even with cheap ones but there are better alternatives than this phone or if u have this phone untouched just install lineage os but it's impossible since this phone is a bit unstable with the twrp app to flash twrp.

Plastic and uncertified glass but its good
Good
Wifi a little bit sus and with high speed wifi doesn't really work
Bad and doesn't support 60fps
Pretty much ok but slow
Its ok
Keyboard a little bit weird
720 and sometimes touches weird
Amazing

Pros

• Good battery life
  • Cheap
  • Does a phone do
  • Beginner friendly

Cons

• Worst Camera
  • Not the perfect performance
  • Face I'd not as perfect
  • Screen sometimes touches the wrong position

gameralert alternatives:

Takutamz posted on Sep 03, 2020, 6:22 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 03, 2020

Takutamz has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Gud gud gud