Samsung Delve User Reviews

Isaiah_ddotson posted on Jul 30, 2009, 4:55 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: Jul 30, 2009

okay.....

when i got the delve i thought that this phone would have smartphone capabilities bt i was wrong. us cellular charge to much money to make this phone good with apps. the phone menu is to simple and i hate easy edge. and the features is to repeatitive. this phone is not good for someone who has big fingers.

Pros

• big screen
  • fast internet

Cons

• battery dies fast
  • freezes
  • horrible easy edge
  • no good apps
  • low ringtones
  • would not reccomend

rainwater33 posted on Dec 02, 2008, 11:28 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Dec 02, 2008

Ascending ringtone....why, oh why?

In response to Natasha Fatale's "answer" to chris4brown's question, no, you can not change the ringtone HE is referring to.  It's called ascending ringtone.  For whatever reason, some cell phone makers decided this would be a good idea to have a ringtone (no matter what level setting on, i.e. low, medium, high) would start of soft and gradually get louder and louder as the phone continues to ring.  For instance, I have the LG UX830 (Glimmer for USC) and when I have the phone on say level 4 for ringer volume, when I get a call or even text msg, the audio that I have set to play starts off soft and continues to get louder till it reaces the level you have it on.  The same ringer design has been used on the Delve (unfortunately).  It cannot be changed on the phone outside of possibly getting a software update, which I am not sure if one has been created to change this yet.  Obviously one knows how to change the level of volume for a ringtone, the ascending ringtone (which has been integrated into a few newer phones) however cannot be changed normally.

kenzibby11 posted on Dec 08, 2010, 8:14 PM

Not worth it.

kenzibby11 has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

I begged my mom for this phone and once i finally got it ; it wasn't worth it.. it freezes it stopes working the touch to the view now/view later buttion freezes in the middle. I've only have had it for less than two monthes ... i've only dropped once so there for thats not the problem its just doesn't hold up as long as most phones i've had

Pros

• The note pad
  • Drawing pad

Cons

• phone over all dont work
  • Touch screen freezes
  • Stops randomly
  • Battery doesn't hold
  • waste of time

Phil posted on May 18, 2010, 11:17 PM

THIS PHONE IS HORRIBLE

I really liked this phone for the first 3 months,the features were great(weather,net,gps,ect.).We showed it off to alot of people.Then the touch screen started acting up,if you touched one part of the screen it would respond in a different spot or not at all,we lived with it for 3 months and then had it replaced under warranty.Great we got a new phone,must of been a rare defect,no one else is having problems(yea RIGHT).Four months later same problem,had it replaced again under warranty,with 2 days to spare.Five months later same problem,after 2 phone calls to alltel I got them to replace it with a Motorola rugged phone,that will be here on thursday.I sure will not miss this abortion of a phone.If you have a delve I hope you have better luck with it than we did.We are going to have a funeral for the delve,may it rest in a million tiny pieces.DONT YOU JUST LOVE SOME OF THESE OTHER REVIEWS,AFTER THEY ONLY HAD THE PHONE FOR FEW DAYS

Pros

• It is going to be a HOOT smashing this thing into a million pieces

Cons

• READ MY REVIEW

Anonymous posted on Apr 21, 2010, 10:53 AM

Liked the phone for a while until it started screwing up. After a about a month, when I would push the unlock button to unlock the screen it would do anything. Tried it like a million times. Had to take out the battery to get it to work again. I've went through three of these phones because of this. Don't reccomend it.

Pros

• ok phone besides the cons

Cons

• Unlock button doesn't work after a while, Charger also stops working

Montrez Rambo posted on Feb 15, 2010, 11:40 AM

2.3

horrid

bad ,bad ,bad ,bad ,bad ,bad ,bad ,bad ,horrid ,evil, has a mind of its own, antichrist phone! well first of this is a phone is made by the most evil samung people. the only good thing about this phone is that it it is........ u know what, i give up. ther is nothing good about this phone!

Pros

Cons

• low pixel quility in camera
  • very slow web browser
  • freezes 4 out of 5 times

JimInNorthwest posted on Feb 04, 2010, 1:36 AM

AWESOME!!!!

I've only had this phone for a few days now. This is my first touchscreen phone. I have to admit, I was running around like a kid when I was about to get it. *Am 45 yoa.* LOL.  I love the look and feel of it. It will take some getting used to, but I'm sure I can manage that, and figure out what I need to figure out still. I was on the phone with Customer Service the other day, trying to figure out a few things, and figured out one on my own. LOL. There may be one or two issues, but I'm sure I can live with them. I may post another review when I've had my phone for awhile, and have gotten used to it.

Pros

• Everything, so far.

Cons

• Maaaaaaaybe the ascending ringtones, but I think I can live with that.

Keith Holbrook posted on Dec 22, 2009, 1:43 PM

Worthless

I bought a delve for my 13 year old daughter last year for Christmas. had nothing but headaches with it. It kept freezing up and altell response was to remove battery for a little bit and reinstall. Did this about a dozen times and finally had enough. Told them i wanted it replaced since the years warranty wasn't up yet. Got replcement last month and so far twice it won't take a charge. phone is completely dead. taking it back today and see what kind of game they want to play this time in getting it fixed. Not worth the money and the extra money you have to pay on contract to be able to have this type of phone. I've had motorola for over 3 years, no problems. when contract is up that will be what she gets.

Pros

• nice looking

Cons

• freezes, won't take a charge every time, weak battery, won't last as long as stated, not willing to admit that this phone is a rip off or admit that they have had any issues in past with phone.

Chris1992 posted on Oct 19, 2009, 10:30 AM

Last Choice

The Delve is an ok pohone not the best but not the worst. I have mine since January of this year and i liked it at first but it got to the point where its just ok. I thought it would be good but its not and the internet is good but not worth $20 a month.

Pros

• Style
  • Drawing Pad

Cons

• No Flash
  • All The Re-Starts
  • Freezes All The Time
  • Small Screen
  • Dies Fast

Aaron Mcclean posted on Sep 24, 2009, 2:23 PM

okay umm

when i first seen the phnoe i said i want that fone beg mah mom to get it the by the third mouth that when all the promlem started

Pros

• big screen
  • fast internet
  • takes nice pictures
  • virtual qwerty pad
  • Music player (can be used in the background while doing other tasks)
  • 3.5mm headphone
  • Only $99

Cons

• battery dies fast
  • freezes
  • low ringtones
  • hard to remove the back
  • NEEDS A COVER SO IT DOESNT SCRATCH
  • Not loud enough
  • No Wifi
  • Ringtones suck
  • Wish the camera had a flash
  • Ascending Ringer is absolutely horrible, definitely completely neglected this most simple feature

KylieKarnage posted on Sep 21, 2009, 10:05 AM

Favorite phone so far

I love every Samsung I have had so far. The call reception is great. My phone seems to be extremely loud, though I have read some complaints about it not being loud enough. (Maybe they're deaf?) Love the MicroSDHC compatibility. I also love the fact that I constantly use this phone as a modem and it is really decent internet for my computer at the 3G speed. The free apps are really nice, I only wish there were more. But if apps aren't your thing, then this is a cheap alternative to the 1st generation iPhones (with a miniSDHC card).great phone!P.S. I saw someone complaining that you couldn't get on Youtube on this phone. This is NOT true however this phone does NOT have flash capabilities. Go to m.youtube.com and there you will be able to see videos in the 3gp format which IS compatible with the phone.

Pros

• Doesn't Crash.
  • Mini SDHC compatible.
  • Decent free apps.
  • Great multimedia support.
  • Decent pictures.
  • Easy first time touch screen phone.

Cons

• No flash.
  • Few apps.

I love the Delve! posted on May 09, 2009, 2:06 PM

I have had the delve since Christmas and i love it!!!! It is the most amazing phone ever!!!!!!!!! it really is!!!! i think that the delve is the only phone i will ever have for my entire life!!!! it really is amazing!!! I have only came across 2 bad things it is VERY VERY hard to take off the bat. cover, and the bat. dies very fast if you are texting all the time... other than that this is the most amazing phone ever!!! I think that every single person should try the delve!!!!

Pros

• It is very attractive
  • touch screen
  • fast internet
  • takes nice pictures
  • Fun to have
  • WE HAVE CHAD (t.v. commercials) lol

Cons

• bat. dies fast
  • hard to remove the back
  • NEEDS A COVER SO IT DOESNT SCRATCH (just a suggestion)

heatherftw posted on Apr 22, 2009, 12:09 AM

help me. what should i do.

i have the motorola q9c. ive had it for two weeks so i have two more weeks to decide if i want to turn it in for the delve. ive heard the q crashes after abput a month and freezes and all this crap, but i still think it's a cool phone. would i get better results from the delve. ive played with it and love how responsive the touchscreen is.

Corsairkid posted on Jan 03, 2009, 1:28 PM

Delve is GREAT after help from a website

When I first got the Delve, I was a bit overwhelmed. Thankfully, I found a great forum to help me over the learning curve. www.Samsung-Delve.com. I love the camera and touch screen on this phone. Once I learned how to use everything, the Delve became my favorite phone!
If you want to learn more about the Delve, I suggest checking out www.Samsung-Delve.com

Pros

• Good camera
  • Good touch screen
  • Good call quality

Cons

• Not sturdy
  • Hard to learn how to use at first

MinnieMoe posted on Jan 01, 2009, 8:14 PM

Totally blew me away......samsung delve

I just got this phone yesterday and i love it.i have had some pretty screwed up phones from alltel,but this one has been the best.i love the all the features and the size.i couldn't ask for a better for phone or price.

Pros

• Touch screen
  • 2.0 MP Camera
  • light weight
  • virtual qwerty pad
  • MP3 player

Cons

• Not loud enough
  • No Wifi
  • Ringtones suck
  • over all i love it.

justme72 posted on Dec 16, 2008, 11:48 AM

Samsung Delve is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

I got the Delve after taking back the LG Rhythm.  I am SO glad that I did!  Touchscreen is awesome and is very accurate.  What I touch is what I get, none of that positive feedback with no action or the wrong action.  I have used the LG Glimmer as well and did not care for the touchscreen or the phone itself.  The clarity of the screen on the Delve is amazing, phone clarity is perfect, reception is terrific, and it is user friendly, not to mention that the sound is awesome as well!  I love that you can use MP3's as ringtones and it has picture ID as well. I love the size and feel of the Delve in your hand....nice and sleek, lightweight but not to small and not too big.  I have Alltel and with the Samsung Delve I get FREE access to TV, Navigation and two music features....one is similar to iTunes and the other to XM Radio.  And yes, I did say FREE access through ALLTEL!!!!  Texting is a breeze and very fast with this phone.  I haven't used the camera or video yet so I can not say much about them except that at the store I was satisfied with both. I researched tons of phones and used the display models at the store before deciding but I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PHONE!!   If you are thinking of getting a new phone....you really should check out the Samsung Delve!

Pros

• Touchscreen
  • MP3's as ringtones
  • Texting
  • Music player (can be used in the background while doing other tasks)
  • Clarity
  • Reception
  • Attractive
  • Alltel service has free TV, Radio, Navigation
  • Ringers are loud enough although I don't care for the ascending ringer
  • User friendly

Cons

• Wish the camera had a flash

bigbuck17 posted on Dec 11, 2008, 5:51 PM

Amazing phone

I just got this phone today and I love it.Touch screen is great,I can watch youtube vids,listen to my music with a regular pair of headphones I love it.

Pros

• Youtube
  • Sexy lookin
  • Great Reception
  • Nice music player
  • 3.5mm headphone
  • Only $99

Cons

• None so far

Anonymous posted on Dec 08, 2008, 3:59 PM

One of the best phones I have ever reviewed. It has an amazing design and an excellent screen. Definetly recommend.

rozalyn posted on Dec 04, 2008, 9:40 AM

matthew 7791 i'm able to watch youtube videos on my samsung delve i have us cellular. so i'm assuming you have alltel.

Matthew7791 posted on Dec 03, 2008, 11:59 PM

Great minus...

Have had it for a few days and love everything about this phone EXCEPT the lack of flash ability...  Come on you know we want to be able to watch youtube, etc.!!!!  Wish I knew a work around or some software I could load to allow it!

Pros

• Great touchscreen
  • Great GPS
  • Great MP3 player with the ability to minimze to do other things.

Cons

• NO FLASH CAPABILITY

Rich posted on Dec 01, 2008, 3:36 PM

aucio books on delve

I tried to download several audio books on mp3 format.  The mp3 player could not play them.  I have tried them on a sperate MP3 player and they played just fine.  Is there a trick to uploading the books on the memory car? Other than that it seems to work fine.

Carla posted on Nov 29, 2008, 1:23 PM

Asolutely incredible!!!!!!!!! (from Alltel)

I have only had it for 1 day so long-term dependablility is not what I'm here to tell. The phone is so easy to get around (as opposed to the Glimmer which is hell to figure out), but it is a little to get used to... because it's TOUCHSCREEN! There are 3 buttons on the front of the phone. call send, back, and call end. The only 1 I really use is call end to clear the screen and back to go back a screen. There is a button on the screen that says "Dialer" that when you tap it, the keypad comes up. you can change it to on-screen qwerty (computer keyboard style). It came with a stylus and a case that the stylus fits in also. At the main screen, you can pull up a tab and pull things out of the menu and move them around on the screen and throw them back when you want. You can have as many out as you want. It comes with a little notebook you can doodle on and save and send them. I have seen NO downfall, but the internet doesn't allow multiple windows. I think that it's not considered complete access, but I signed into myspace and all that. It comes with media player capabilities and micro sd memory card slot (which is like 10 bucks at the most online). It has AMAZING sound! You can doodle on the pics that you take also and it features continuous text (chat). It has cam/vid capablilities and msging. It also has bluetooth. You can apply a pic and a ringtone or recorded sound to contacts. O YEA It also comes with a free Alltel radio. I have 10 channels like xm that are completely free. It...

Pros

• I cudnt name them all again. I probably left some cool stuff out that I can't think of.

Cons

• -I'm scared I'm goin to get robbed bc it's so awesome
  • -I have spent about 10 hours on the phone and I should've been doing a paper : ) I'll get it done, though!

oceania atlantia posted on Nov 29, 2008, 11:04 AM

amazing!

this phone is so great! the touchscreen is a good touch(:haah i loveee this phone!

annabelle marie posted on Nov 29, 2008, 10:59 AM

i just got this phone and its amazing! but i just have a hard time finding my way around the easyedge, and the price of the easyedge is quite big, but if you like the phone i guess you will have to deal. other than that, the phone has great quality, and has a nice touchscreen, and looks very classy.(:I think the phone is a great buy!

Anonymous posted on Nov 28, 2008, 4:46 PM

GPS through EasyEdge

To acces the GPS you have to go into the EasyEdge, go to the shop, and go to free stuff. Its called your navigator.