Motorola i290 User Reviews

ac posted on Dec 14, 2009, 4:38 PM

2.3

worst ever

The only plus I can give this phone is that it performs the rudimentary functions:making and recieving calls. Ringtones are awful, default settings are deplorable and very little in the way of customizing; which wouldn't be neccessary if the settings weren't so horribly bad. (default scroll up and down bring you to "buy games and apps" instead of recent calls or contacts. which I think was done on purpose so when people don't lock keyboard they are buying things left and right when bumping around in the purse, etc.)) There is a menu and sub-menu for EVERYTHING which makes it counter intuitive as another poster wrote. Even my 12 year old Nokia has an alarm clock, but this phone doesn't. I just don't see why because it's cheap it has to be so bad. My favorite phone ever was my LG that I got for 19.99 , which I would still be using but net 10 is too much and boost mobile has the most *** phones, including this one. sorry for ranting but i really want people to know that it's only worth it if your getting unlimited everything for  49.99/mo or less. Otherwise FORGET IT. Oh, and the gps doesn't work for ***, either.

Dustin D. Wind posted on Oct 30, 2009, 2:27 AM

Excellent Value

Apparently some people have difficulty changing volume settings, replying to text, determining the identity of a message sender, etc. This is my first cell phone and, even with no included manual, I've had no difficulty with any of the above. I find the menus and software fairly user friendly, yet occasionally counterintuitive.

Pros

• >Terrific price
  • >Minimalistic styling and convenient form.
  • >GPS
  • >SMS capable
  • >Walkie-Talkie features
  • >Its Java system allows many types of programs to be run or developed. Free games and apps are not hard to find.

Cons

• >No manual included in my kit. Just download one.
  • >Seemingly poor GPS reception (though I have no reference).
  • >Inexpensive manufacturing process and components. I question its long-term durability.

Brad posted on Sep 23, 2009, 10:29 AM

user

Have used phone for 6 months.  not real happy; basic phone, no frills.  phone and user guide not user friendly.  great speaker phone usage.  have had dropped calls; being fair, not sure if phone or network, but uses sprint network.   buttons must be pressed down completely or it may not take.  phone will sometimes place calls when keypad is locked.  it does place and receive phone calls.  is SMS capable.  installed ringtones are terrible.

Pros

• speaker phone is clear and really works better than regular headset hearing speaker, large capacity of saved numbers

Cons

• dropped calls, does not appear to maintain connection with network; not user friendly

MEgan posted on Aug 01, 2009, 4:20 PM

Not what I thought

This phone is ok. I am pretty surpised about some features that every other phone has that this does not. It's not customizable really you have to buy it. It really doesn't have an alarm to set. Its actually complicated to figure things out even if you read the manual. The ring tones are horrible, and yes I bought some and they play like 2 sec of the song and then stop an dthen start up again for 2.99!!! ripoff. The texting is blah. I swear it's an inconvieniance, the symbols and getting capital letters, But other than all that I've said it's the cheapest phone, and its cute, and it'll get the job done.

Pros

• It's light weight, walkie talkie, stores a lot of numbers, good speaker phone, sturdy

Cons

• Ringtones are bad, complicated, no alarm to set, texting is bad, not customizable,

Megan posted on Jun 17, 2009, 6:09 PM

LOVING THIS PHONE

I just got this phone a couple of weeks ago, and i am in love with it!! I think it is awesome for texting, i like how skinny it is, but still a good size!! LOVING IT

Pros

• The price was right, for a great looking phone!! Texting is easy, and i love everything about it!!

Cons

• nothing as of yet!!

kay posted on May 20, 2009, 12:34 PM

its aight

I got this phone with the unlimited $50 plan. I get terrible reception at home and at my job but my other boost phone had great reception so i am assuming it the hidden antena that is the problem.  i hate the buttons on it...dont have an alarm, cannot look at any contact numbers or anything while on a call.  I was disappointed but all the other phones are so ugly or too high!  I may be switching carriers.

Pros

• nice size phone

Cons

• bad receptions and terrible features

Thatonechick posted on Apr 18, 2009, 4:32 PM

Good stuff

I really love this phone. Everything is great. Comparing the phones I've had that are similair to it, this one is by far the best out of all of them, I have no problems with anything and I get excellent reception, which is nice, being every other phone I've had had terrible reception in some of the places I was at the most. So its a very nice change. Texting with it is very easy too and since thats about all I ever seem to be doing its a perfect fit for a text junkie like myself.

spencer huck posted on Apr 07, 2009, 10:38 AM

Good phone

I simply loved this phone! Colors could be more varied, blue gets old quick.

Pros

• small
  • good reception

Cons

• hard to text.

Benny Hill posted on Mar 17, 2009, 10:45 PM

Poor design

I bought this phone from Boost Mobile and got their $50/month unlimited plan.  The phone is horrible for texting - there seems to be no way of determining who sent a text.  There also seems to be no way to click a button to reply to a text, instead you have to back all the way out and "Create a Message".  I'm exceptionally disappointed with the phone since texting is fairly important for me.
Signal strength is another serious problem though that's more likely caused by Sprint's network than being a fault of the phone.

Pros

• Lightweight, very slim. Acceptable sized screen.

Cons

• Very poor design with regards to texting. Keyboard is very stiff.

WILLIAM KEIGHT posted on Jun 03, 2008, 3:56 PM

AWESOMIC

THIS IS THE BEST I HAVE EVER HAD....

MY ONLY COMPLAINING IS THAT.. I DONT REALLY KNOW HOW TO SET THE ALARM SOUND, TO SOUND EVERYTIME I HIT THE HIGH VOLUME BUTTON.
REALLY, REALLY NICE... AND COMPACT... BEAUTIFUL