Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com

LG AX355 User Reviews Back

Scott posted on Jul 08, 2007, 9:21 PM

Almost Perfect

DataPilot does allow you to transfer MP3's to the phone. All you have to do is Go to the Ringtone Composer. Go to Communication, then Send Ringtone File. Then browse for the MP3 file you want to transfer.

Scott posted on Jun 21, 2007, 10:05 AM

Almost perfect.

The post about transfering data is wrong. I recently bought this phone through Alltel with a two-year contract. I wanted to be able to download / upload data to and from the phone as well. The data transfer kit from LG is about $40-$50. It seemed a little over-priced, so I bought the data cable from eBay for $5 and the software from Susteen.com. The software is called DataPilot (about $31 after 10% discount) and works with many new phones. I have been able to transfer pictures to my computer, as well as upload unique ringtones, and download the entire phonebook to an MS Excel looking format. DataPilot claims that you can transfer MP3's / sound files to the phone and use them as ringtones, but I have yet to find this feature available (which is bad because that's half the reason why I went through all the trouble of getting the phone hooked up to my computer!). The phone's keypad is very nice and easy to use. The camera takes good quality photos, but the shutter has a delay of about two seconds. It's only good for still objects. The biggest design flaw is that you can't have the phone ring and vibrate at the same time on a normal volume level. It always reads "Manner Mode" at the top the screen when vibrate is turned on. I would rather just see the small icon at the top of the screen indicating that vibrate is on instead. The TFT screen has good colors and clarity. The outside display is only on for about 6 seconds after you open and close the phone, or if a button...

Shimmy posted on Jun 20, 2007, 3:20 PM

Manager Of IT

Thumbs up to durability. Thumbs down to transferring pictures from the phone to you PC - can't be done without the data plan (nor Bluetooth or Data Cable works).

colie posted on Jun 10, 2007, 11:24 AM

its a good phone

I think it is a pretty good phone. I just got it a few days ago and its worked pretty well so far. I like the ringtones and it is a good phone specially when i go to the movies with my friends and we need a ride, it has great reception.

Ethan posted on Mar 12, 2007, 2:40 PM

Amazing Phone

I purchased this phone right after it came out. I was a little skeptical at first. But all my doubts were eventually wiped away.
I have had this phone for 6 months, It has never dropped a call or lost signal. Not even in Canada!
I love the display, camera, battery life, bluetooth, and the sleek design!
The only issue I have with this phone, however, is the amount of storage. It gets full pretty fast. Because it only has about 5MB worth of storage.
I HIGHLY recommend this phone to anyone looking for quality with a decent price.

huzkerfan12 posted on Jan 05, 2007, 6:21 PM

mi fone

i love it i think it is just as good as a razar exept for the fact that it doesnt have mp3 or ty alltel is kewl to!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CoolBradG posted on Oct 30, 2006, 9:38 PM

A Very Good Phone

I purchased this phone a few weeks ago and it has been great overall so far. I was mainly looking for a picture/video phone and this one hit the mark. The picture and video quality is very good. The design of the phone is very nice. Yes its not a razr but its not that bulky like it may seem. It also has bluetooth which is a plus for wireless headset junkies. Signal strength is also pretty good. In places of high tress I get 1 to 2 bars but at my house and out in the city I have a full signal. Even with 1 to 2 bars I can still usually text and and make calls just fine. This is also one of Alltel's few Touch 2 Talk phone. So if this sounds like what your looking for in a phone I'd recommend it because its not that pricey ($70).

Barry posted on Oct 13, 2006, 10:41 PM

Sweet phone but?

I love my LGAX355, but why cant we get a holster or case for it? Dont want a pouch!!! I love the graphics and sounds. Great reception. Best cell phone I have had yet. But would still love to find a nice leather good fitting case for it.

Miriam posted on Sep 21, 2006, 5:06 PM

GREAT CELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this phone is great! i love it! i got it for my birthday and i havent put it down since! its great for the price and i love to call my friends , and instant message and my parents like it because i have called them for emergencies and the phone has fantastic service. get this phone!!!!!!!!!!