Notification Center

This is our new notification center. Inside, you will find updates on the most important things happening right now.

Notifications

Hmm, push notifications seem to be disabled in your browser. You can enable them from the 'Settings' icon in the URL bar of your browser.

www.phonearena.com

Asus ZenFone 7 Pro User Reviews Back

blah2blah posted on May 26, 2021, 9:45 PM
Posts: 0; Member since: May 26, 2021

First impression: The software is pretty undesirable

blah2blah has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

I'm lucky to have tried a lot of high-end phones.

My first impression of the Zenfone 7 Pro is bad. I kind of hate it. Firstly, it comes littered with Facebook apps, including some weird background service that you have to disable. It also comes with Netflix preinstalled. So there's bloat. That's bad. I spent some time trying to clean out the junk. Since it's possible to clean out most of it, that part is passable.

This phone does not support multiple user accounts, something that is part of the Android OS (and Linux, naturally). It seems they took extra effort to *strip out* this feature, which has a lot of very valid use cases. Yet they claim that it's "close to stock Android," which must be a lie. And I don't appreciate lies.

The camera is good. The flip or popup camera is a no-brainer, I don't know why you would buy a phone that doesn't have one. But my first impression of this phone is that I hate it, and I wish that I had spent more time researching.

My last phone was a OnePlus 7 Pro. This time I should have gotten a OnePlus 7T Pro International Version, and I'm upset with myself for choosing the Zenfone.

The build is good
I'm not sure, but this website won't let me review without putting an answer for everything. What does "multimedia" even refer to in this context?
The camera is good. I still don't like this phone.
Doesn't support multiple user accounts, yet claims to be close to stock Android.
It works fine, nothing special
100% screen real estate, obviously, because it has a popup camera. But there's no reason to buy a phone without a popup camera.

Pros

• It doesn't make sense to buy a phone without a popup camera, so there's nothing special about this phone

Cons

• Doesn't support multiple user accounts