Acer Liquid Z630 User Reviews

Waiteaminute posted on Sep 10, 2017, 9:27 AM
Posts: 0; Member since: Sep 09, 2017

For the money, awesome!

Waiteaminute has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I paid $200 CDN for this phone at Costco July 2016. It was the second one I bought. The first one had a horrific Amazon app issue so we ended up returning it.
But I'm a stubborn cuss, so I kept up with the forum on Acer's website where another owner had bought one and was talking to an actual Acer rep. The rep said an update was coming and after it was released, I went and bought another for myself. I had already bought my wife an Asus Zenfone Laser 2.
Well! Am I glad I did! This phone has not disappointed me! The huge display may be only 720p, but that's still considered HAD, and is fine for me. The UI is mostly stock Lollipop with a few proprietary apps thrown in. The speaker is good, but not the best I've owned. The rear camera is ok, but it's no SLR. The front cam is 8 MP as well but hit and miss in the selfie department.
The kicker is the 4000 mAmp battery. I can sometimes go 2 full days on a charge! And that includes YouTube, email, surfing and texting!
I only wish that this phone had more aftermarket goodies for it. I have dropped it a few times and have only had a bumper Case. Luckily, no real damage but I feel I'm pushing my luck.

Pros

• 5.5" and 720p enough
  • Snappy, but not breathtaking, performance
  • Surprisingly tough
  • Cheap and unlocked

Cons

No Cons