So, the Note 8 now costs $550... would you buy the Note 9 or Note 8?
That's some difference! For almost twice the price, the Galaxy Note 9 offers a very slight redesign, which is almost negligible, a new Bluetooth-enabled S Pen, which transforms the stylus into a remote with limited capabilities, loud stereo speakers with the "Tuned by AKG" logo, a slightly upgraded camera, and a blood pressure sensor. Under the hood, it's powered by the latest-and-greatest Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, has 6 GB of RAM, and its storage space starts at 128 GB.
The Note 8 still has that sleek Samsung design, a capable dual camera, an S Pen that is just as accurate and responsive — just sans the Bluetooth connectivity —, and hardware that may be last year's but is still more than adequate.
Some people call the Galaxy Note 9 a marginal upgrade over last year's offering. So... is Samsung shooting itself in the foot by selling the still-capable Note 8 so cheap? Which one would you rather buy?
Which would you buy: Galaxy Note 8 or Note 9?
- Display 6.4" 1440 x 2960 pixels
- Camera 12 MP / 8 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 845, Octa-core, 2800 MHz
- Storage 128 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 4000 mAh(29h 3G talk time)
- Display 6.3" 1440 x 2960 pixels
- Camera 12 MP / 8 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, Octa-core, 2350 MHz
- Storage 64 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 3300 mAh(22h talk time)
Posts: 1627; Member since: Jul 17, 2018
posted on Aug 20, 2018, 10:05 AM 0
Posts: 464; Member since: Oct 30, 2015
posted on Aug 20, 2018, 10:54 AM 0
Posts: 209; Member since: Jul 27, 2011
posted on Aug 20, 2018, 3:10 PM 0
Posts: 309; Member since: Jul 30, 2015
posted on Aug 20, 2018, 6:11 PM 0
Posts: 2; Member since: Aug 20, 2018
posted on Aug 20, 2018, 10:34 PM 0
* Some comments have been hidden, because they don't meet the discussions rules.
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):