Twitter updated with additional mute options to stop trolls, abuse and harassment
Before using these newly added filters, it's worth noting that you will be able to mute just about any Twitter account that you think necessary. Starting today, Twitter users can disable notifications from the following types of accounts using the new options in the advanced filter settings:
- Accounts that are new (that you don’t follow);
- Accounts that don’t follow you (that you don’t follow);
- Accounts you don’t follow;
- Accounts with a default profile photo (that you don’t follow);
- Accounts without a confirmed email address (that you don’t follow);
- Accounts without a confirmed phone number (that you don’t follow).
Although the new filters will not stop trolls from posting their tweets, at least you won't be notified when they are published on Twitter. The new changes are pushed on both Android and iOS platforms, and should available to everyone over the next couple of days.