Samsung Galaxy series Android 6 Marhsmallow update roadmap: here is when you can expect it
Samsung has already started updating its Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge phones to Android 6 Marshmallow with the new and improved version of TouchWiz on top of that, but if you have some other Samsung phone, chances are that you don't know when and whether it will get updated.
We have now obtained information from a source familiar with Samsung's plans about the company's dates for the Android 6 Marshmallow update.
Good news is that all of last year's top Samsung phones should get updated to Android 6 by the end of March 2016, while last year's top Samsung phones will get updated in April and May. Samsung is even planning to update the Galaxy Alpha, a device released in late 2014, with the update for it coming in June 2016.
Here is the full list of top-priority Samsung phones due for update soon:
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 - March 2016
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge+ - March 2016
- Samsung Galaxy S6 - March 2016
- Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge - March 2016
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 - April 2016
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge - April 2016
- Samsung Galaxy S5 - May 2016
- Samsung Galaxy Alpha - June 2016
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 8" - May 2016
- Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 9.7" - May 2016
Next on line are devices that are not considered flagships, but will still get the Android 6 update. The list only mentions one such phone, but the list is likely a bit longer than that: