How to use the new Translate app in iOS 143
First off, Apple’s Translate app works as a normal translation app that you can open, select your languages, and type the sentence or the word for translation. However, what’s cool about this app is that when you turn your iPhone in landscape mode, you can use the app to help you converse with someone who speaks another language.
How to use the new Translate app in conversation mode:
- Choose your language and choose the language you want to translate into
- Turn your iPhone in landscape orientation
- Tap on the mic and start speaking
The Translate app also features an offline mode of your selected languages; you can also pick favorites, and use Attention mode.
Here’s how you can use Favorites in the new Translate app in iOS 14:
- Type or speak a word to translate
- Tap on the star to include it in your favorites
- Reference your favorite translations from the star on the bottom of your screen in portrait mode
You can also benefit from the app’s Attention mode, to easily catch the attention of your interlocutor:
- Turn your iPhone in landscape mode
- Speak or text a word/sentence
- Click on the two arrows on the left-hand side of the screen and you will see the translation on full screen with enlarged text.