Honor 7X starts receiving Android 8.0 Oreo update in the US
When the smartphone was introduced in the US, Honor promised to offer an Android 8.0 Oreo update to those who purchase the Honor 7X. Starting today, the Chinese company is rolling out the Android Oreo update based on EMUI 8.0 to all Honor 7X units in the US.
However, the update is rolled out in batches, so based on the IMEI number, you might get the update sooner or later. If you did not receive Android 8.0 Oreo yet, here some of the main new features and improvements that you'll get:
- New floating navigation dock: With the newly added home screen shortcut, the floating navigation dock lets users navigate and operate their device from anywhere on the screen.
- Updated setting menu and Phone Manager: The redesigned Settings menu is clearer and more intuitive. The updated Phone Manager automatically optimizes the system based on usage patterns, keeping the smartphone running at top performance all the time.
- Phone gallery recycle bin: Users can now restore photos and videos if they accidentally delete them. The Gallery in the new UI features a recycle bin which retains deleted photos and videos for 30 days.
- Seamless LinkedIn integration: Contacts and Email in EMUI 8.0 let users sync the career details of their LinkedIn contacts, making it faster and easier to manage contacts across platforms.
- Link up two Bluetooth device: Smartphones are now able to connect to two Bluetooth devices at the same me, boosting mobile experience and fun.
- Face unlock: Scans a recognized user’s face to unlock instantly. It also prevents unlocking with closed eyes, and allows only device owners to see lock screen notification details, ensuring maximum security.
source: XDA Developers