HTC on the hunt for a new Chief Financial Officer, Chialin Chang to focus on sales
Chang revealed that it was not common for a high-ranking executive to take care of both of these positions, which is something he has been doing ever since December 2013. Some other sound reasons for this readjustment of high-ranking positions could be HTC's frail earnings and poor performance during the last few quarters – the company lost a lot of money and failed to bring home the bacon.
Chialin Chang stated that HTC is seeking the right person for this rather responsible position "both internally and externally". Of course, Chang will only step down from his position as CFO when HTC finds a suitable successor to step into his shoes.
Just as the saying goes, two heads think better than one, so let's hope that this change will aid HTC in probably its greatest desire at the moment – a financial turnaround and an increased global market share.
Hopefully, the sales of the flagship, the HTC One (M8), and the mid-range Desire 816 phablet will also help HTC get back on its feet during the upcoming quarters of 2014. The manufacturer also began outsourcing production to contractors in India and China in order to further decrease the pricing of some of its products.
source: The Wall Street Journal
- Display 5.0" 1080 x 1920 pixels
- Camera 4 MP / 5 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, Quad-core, 2300 MHz
- Storage 32 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 2600 mAh(20h 3G talk time)
- Display 5.5" 720 x 1280 pixels
- Camera 13 MP / 5 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 400, Quad-core, 1600 MHz
- Storage 8 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 2600 mAh(21h 3G talk time)
Posts: 6474; Member since: Jan 28, 2013
posted on May 07, 2014, 11:15 AM 2
Posts: 5498; Member since: Aug 05, 2011
posted on May 07, 2014, 11:19 AM 2
Posts: 3806; Member since: Apr 16, 2014
posted on May 07, 2014, 1:24 PM 0
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):