Being a high-end product, the HTC U 11 will certainly not be cheap. And yet it might not be too expensive, either. A recent report from Taiwan (HTC's home country) has it that the new flagship phone could be cheaper than the U Ultra - the first high-end smartphone released by HTC this year. Reportedly, the U 11 might cost less than $20,000 Taiwanese dollars ($662 US dollars) in the local market.
Of course, prices usually vary from country to country. But, if this report is correct, we certainly expect the HTC U 11 to be cheaper than the U Ultra in the US. As you may know, the U Ultra is currently sold for $749 unlocked, and we noted in our review of it that this high price is not justified (not considering what competing smartphones are offering).
Taiwanese website ePrice has it that the HTC U 11 should be available to pre-order starting May 19 (at least in Taiwan). If we talk about the US market, it's not clear if the new device will be released via carriers, or just unlocked (like the U Ultra). Anyhow, HTC should address all uncertainties come next week, once it announces the U 11.
source: ePrice (translated)
- Display 5.5" 1440 x 2560 pixels
- Camera 12 MP / 16 MP front
- Processor Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, Octa-core, 2450 MHz
- Storage 64 GB + microSDXC
- Battery 3000 mAh(24.5h 3G talk time)
Posts: 486; Member since: Mar 14, 2013
posted on May 13, 2017, 1:38 PM 2
PhoneArena Comments Rules
A discussion is a place, where people can voice their opinion, no matter if it is positive, neutral or negative. However, when posting, one must stay true to the topic, and not just share some random thoughts, which are not directly related to the matter.
Things that are NOT allowed:
- Off-topic talk - you must stick to the subject of discussion
- Trolling - see a description
- Flame wars
- Offensive, hate speech - if you want to say something, say it politely
- Spam/Advertisements - these posts are deleted
- Multiple accounts - one person can have only one account
- Impersonations and offensive nicknames - these accounts get banned
Moderation is done by humans. We try to be as objective as possible and moderate with zero bias. If you think a post should be moderated - please, report it.
Have a question about the rules or why you have been moderated/limited/banned? Please, contact us.
Send a warning to post author
Send a warning to Selected user.
The user has 0 warnings currently.
Next warning will result in ban!
Ban user and delete all posts
Message to PhoneArena moderator (optional):