HTC Rhyme goes official: landing on Verizon Sept 29th, to woo ladies with a Charm indicator and plum colors
After a couple of leaks here and there, the HTC Rhyme, formerly referred to as the HTC Bliss, has finally been officially confirmed and it’s coming on Verizon on September 29th. Other markets among which Europe and Asia are to get the Rhyme in October.
Initially, the HTC Rhyme was thought to target mostly the female audience with its plum-colored body and a Charm indicator which would blink whenever the phone needs your attention. You just have to plug it in the 3.5mm headset jack and it goes active. The whole idea is to have it clipped on your bag, ladies (or maybe men too), so you don't have to go exploring the contents of that new huge bag full of who-knows-what.
handful of accessories including a docking station, tangle-free headphones (not Beats Audio, sadly), a sports armband and a Bluetooth headset matching the plum phone in color.In addition, the handset will come with a
Specwise, the HTC Rhyme is not breaking new ground, but has some pretty decent hardware inclunding:
- 3.7 inch WVGA display,
- Single-core 1GHz Qualcomm S2 MSM8655 processor, 768MB of RAM,
- 5MP rear autofocus camera with LED flash, front-facing camera,
- Android 2.3.4 Gingerbread skinned with Sense UI 3.5,
- 3G HSDPA EV-DO, Wi-Fi, GPS, 3.5mm headset jack,
- 1600mAh battery,
- HTC Watch.
We don’t know the exact price just yet, but rumors point at $50 with a 2-year agreement on Big Red. Does this sound reasonable and are you getting the HTC Rhyme?
HTC UNVEILS HTC RHYME™, an Elegant
new phone experience
HTC Rhyme integrates sleek new design, a refreshed HTC Sense™ experience and a family of integrated accessories with advanced smartphone features
HTC Rhyme to be available globally in October; exclusively
in the U.S. from Verizon Wireless in the coming weeks
New York City – September 20, 2011 – HTC Corporation, a global designer of mobile devices, today unveiled HTC Rhyme™, a new kind of phone created for people who require advanced features but want a phone that is sleek and fits seamlessly into their lives. The result is the elegant HTC Rhyme that delivers a fresh approach of integrating distinct colors, HTC Sense™ and complementary accessories for a natural personal experience.
“HTC Rhyme represents an entirely new approach, based on recognition that there is a substantial group of consumers who want their phones to be more personal and complimentary to every moment of their day,” said Scott Croyle, vice president of design, HTC Corporation. “HTC Rhyme is focused on delivering this through a fresh new style and experience that includes a family of innovative accessories like the HTC Rhyme Charm and Docking Station that are meant to naturally integrate into people’s lives.”
Sleek, Fresh and Stylish
HTC Rhyme offers a smart, elegant unibody design with every detail carefully crafted to deliver a unique sensory experience. The materials, the curves, and the dimensions are all designed to feel great in your hand, without sacrificing advanced features. HTC Rhyme comes in three colors: Clearwater, Hourglass and Plum, the color Verizon Wireless will be offering in the U.S.
“The HTC Rhyme is an exciting new approach to the mobile lifestyle that integrates hardware, software and accessories in a unique way,” said Marni Walden, vice president and chief marketing officer for Verizon Wireless. “We believe this clean, intuitive experience and signature design is a testament to HTC’s ability to interpret what customers have said they want in a mobile device. We are thrilled to offer the HTC Rhyme exclusively on the nation’s largest, most reliable network.”
HTC Rhyme is not only defined by its soft, simple design and distinct color scheme but by the refreshed HTC Sense experience. This unique twist on HTC Sense carries over the visual language of the hardware design and includes an all-new home screen that provides a clean and uncluttered way to interact with the essentials. The home screen enables quick, uncluttered previews of your appointments, messages or whatever is important to you. HTC selected custom wallpapers to offer a variety of original art to complement the HTC Rhyme experience.
With a beautiful 3.7-inch WVGA, super LCD display and high-quality stereo sound, HTC Rhyme also offers advanced imaging capabilities that begin with its 5-megapixel camera that includes auto focus, power LED flash and instant shutter for capturing those memorable moments whenever they arrive. In addition, the camera features a number of photo-taking and sharing elements, including face detection, which ensures that friends are always in focus, action burst scene, which automatically takes five consecutive shots of a scene, and panoramic mode, which lets users stitch several photos for those larger-than-life views. The HTC Rhyme’s locked home screen can be customized to display the most important content, making it quick and easy to see social updates, photos, snapping a photo or the weather forecast by simply turning on the display.
HTC Rhyme makes entertainment come to life through HTC Watch, which features a wide selection of movies and TV shows that can be downloaded for instant viewing.
HTC Rhyme’s suite of accessories is designed with the same sensory focus in both function and style. Created to help you experience HTC Rhyme as a natural part of your life, the integrated accessories make your phone more personal than ever before.
· HTC Rhyme Docking Station - The Docking Station simultaneously recharges the phone while turning the Rhyme into an alarm clock and music center so you can wake to your favorite songs played directly from the built-in Bluetooth capable speakers.
· HTC Rhyme Charm - The Charm is an innovative approach for discretely alerting you to incoming calls or messages while the HTC Rhyme is deep in your bag. The Charm is a small light-emitting cube that attaches to the phone by a cord that can dangle from your bag and also be used to quickly pull the phone out of your bag. It also makes it easy to find your phone buried in your cluttered purse or backpack.
· HTC Rhyme Sports Armband - The Sports Armband allows you to work out in style while keeping your apps and music close to you.
· HTC Rhyme Tangle Free Headphones - The Tangle Free Headphones take the hassle out of listening to your favorite music.
· HTC Rhyme Bluetooth® Headset - The wireless headset follows the same design cues as the phone itself and enables for easy hands free use.
· HTC Rhyme Bluetooth® Car Speaker – The wireless speaker clips onto sun visor in your car for easy and safe driving.
HTC Rhyme will be available in the coming weeks in the United States, exclusively with Verizon Wireless, and across Europe, Middle East, Africa and Asia-Pacific in October. In the U.S., the Docking Station, Tangle Free Headphones and Charm will be included in the box.