6-month old boy is moved out of harm's way just before a Samsung Galaxy S6 explodes99+
Moments before the phone exploded, Leeds had taken her son out of the cot where he was sleeping, and placed him on the bed. That turned out to be a lucky break since the cot suffered burn marks. Even more frightening, Leeds was five-minutes away from heading into the shower. Had the phone exploded five minutes later than it did, her son might have been seriously injured.
Instead, she grabbed the baby and rushed outside. Her husband unplugged the handset and their son was unscathed by the explosion. As for the handset, Leeds spoke with Samsung and the company promised to send her a replacement. A week has gone by, and she is still waiting.
Meanwhile, the company has issued a statement in which it says that "There are no known issues with the Galaxy S6."
While the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 ended up recalled and taken off the market after a series of explosions, earlier this month a Samsung Galaxy S6 went up in smoke half-way through a flight on a China Airlines Jet. And a lawsuit was filed a couple of months ago after a Samsung Galaxy S6 Active exploded back in August. Other manufacturers are also having similar problems. Earlier this month, an Apple iPhone 6s exploded and caught on fire after being unplugged from the charger.