Samsung Galaxy S4 User Reviews

Camera9.4/10
Multimedia9.5/10
Internet9.4/10

Rahul2389
posted on 14 Apr 2015, 13:08 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)

Phone Contacts not working. Frustated!!!

Rahul2389 has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

A user-friendly phone, with quite a lot of useful features. Recommended to teenagers who likes to look cool. It could be one of the best phones in 2014, but it would be out-dated in 2015 because most of its features are available in other new phones.

Camera 8/10 ascascasc

beara
posted on 10 Apr 2015, 12:48 (Posts: 0; Member since: 28 Feb 2013)

very reliable powerhouse

beara has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I've had this phone for almost 2 years, I use it everyday and it works just as great as the day I bought it! I'm a little rough with the phone too as I've cracked the screen twice when I dropped it on pavement. Both cameras take great quality pictures. The phone is super fast. My husband has the same phone and neither of us ever had 1 problem with it! The only issue I had is I broke the screen and it was expensive to fix (I called around to several places and came to the realization it's just an expensive fix).

Pros

• reliability
  • fast processor

Cons

• expensive to fix screen
  • battery dies somewhat fast

io_bg
posted on 26 Mar 2015, 15:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 27 May 2012)

What about buying a 2 generations old flagship?

io_bg has owned it for less than month before publishing this review

Almost two years ago I bought a Galaxy S III. I was happy with it but unfortunately I borke it's display. So I decided to go for a S4 instead of repairing the S III (which would cost quite a bit). I installed Android L on it. For now I'm more thank happy with it!

Build quality 8/10 It might be plastic but is well built.
Reception 10/10 No complaints.
Call quality 9/10 It's about as good as it gets.
Internet 10/10 Big screen and good battery - what else would you want?
Multimedia 10/10 Couldn't ask for more.
Camera 9/10 I'd prefer a higher-res front camera but what's present is great as well.
UI speed 9/10 There might be an occasional slow-down but overall it's great.
Everyday usage 9/10 Perhaps some more battery juice would make it a 10.
Text input 10/10 I use Swift Key and it's great.
Display 10/10 Excellent screen-to-body ratio, great resolution, infinite contrast, great viewing angles, it's almost perfect save for the slight green-ish cast (though you can only notice it if you compare it to another screen).
Battery 7/10 It can get me through 2 days of moderate usage but I'd still like some more juice.

Pros

• It's 2 years old now and is still quite up-to-date
  • Perfectly sized for one-handed operation
  • Great screen
  • Great camera
  • Very good build quality

Cons

• Battery is fine but could've been bigger
  • It's all plastic despite being very good plastic

andrewchan1
posted on 21 Mar 2015, 23:14 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Mar 2015)

I9507 TDD LTE

UI speed 7/10 Laggy from time to time
Everyday usage 9/10 Not too sophisticated
Text input 10/10 Easy swipe
Battery 7/10 Cannot stay long. Get very hot very quickly

Pros

• Despite the plastic cover, a pretty good design
  • Looks cool
  • Excellent camera
  • User-friendly
  • Good LED monitor
  • Creditable loudspeaker
  • Charges fairly quickly
  • Sharp graphics

Cons

• Cannot detect cards (SIM cards/SD cards) sometimes
  • Gets hot quickly
  • Sometimes laggy
  • Battery capacity is pretty small
  • Broken too easily
  • Costy to fix

andrewchan1 alternatives:

jay001
posted on 22 Feb 2015, 11:01 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Feb 2015)

Phone can not receive or make calls

jay001 has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I was wondering if there is a recall on this phone!! In our family we have two S4s and after using for little more than 1 yr, both of them are not working properly. Wifi portion is all right, but cellular line the phones cannot make or receive any calls. When i started finding more information about this phone in my close friend circle, i found another 2 had the same problem. One of them changed her phone 5 times !! How can i report this to consumer bureau? Edit (in 8 minutes)

Pros

• nice looking !

Cons

• cannot make calls

yoosufmuneer
posted on 17 Feb 2015, 02:27 (Posts: 200; Member since: 14 Feb 2015)

Galaxy S4

yoosufmuneer has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

One of the best Samsung phones! Removable battery, Micro SD expansion, Super AMOLED Display, Makes it one of the best Samsung Phones in the market. Lollipop update is coming soon so it should make it more stable. I would recommend this to anyone who doesnt care about the build quality.

Build quality 1/10 Design Is awesome but Build Quality could be better with a metal trim.
Camera 10/10 Great in Daylight, Acceptable in Lowlight
Display 10/10 Full HD Super AMOLED is Awesome!
Battery 10/10 Pretty Good. 4.5 hours of Screen On Time

Pros

• 5" Full HD Super AMOLED Display
  • Removable Battery
  • 13MP camera
  • IR Blaster
  • Micro SD Expansion
  • Thin Bezels
  • Thin and Light
  • Plenty of Accessories

Cons

• Build quality

egymaro
posted on 23 Jan 2015, 17:10 (Posts: 0; Member since: 06 Oct 2011)

great phone

egymaro has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Well its a really great phone full of a great specs .. i recommend it to everyone wants a hi-end phone with a slim body and a good screen size...
But be aware that you will have to use a thick cover to protect that tiny monster :D

Build quality 7/10 I hate that plastic body that samsung insists to use. which make you can't use your phone and enjoy its light weight and slim design, without putting it in a cover to protect it from scratches..

ruuudza
posted on 11 Jan 2015, 13:09 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Jun 2014)

Great device !

ruuudza has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Really good device .
I have it for almost 2 years now and so far so good
The camera is just perfect and quality is perfect.
But it's sometimes laggy but overal it can run all the heavy games that is on the play store

Pros

• Great screen
  • Great camera
  • Sensors
  • Remote Control
  • Expandable Storage

Cons

• Build quality
  • Overheats occasionally

hemanthkp
posted on 14 Dec 2014, 09:07 (Posts: 0; Member since: 14 Dec 2014)

Best Android Phone

hemanthkp has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

No regrets in the last one year for choosing it over others. Nice specs and display. The camera is just excellent. 2GB of RAM makes the performance be very smooth. Waiting for Lollypop update. I wish the device will be much more smoother with it

desgua
posted on 23 Nov 2014, 17:55 (Posts: 7; Member since: 12 Sep 2013)

Good phone

desgua has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

Unfortunately the screen has crashed on the first month of use, but it is still working.
The camera takes good photos in strong light, provided you have the object on focus and steady hands.
I am very upset with the lag user interface and the poor life of the battery.

Build quality 4/10 The screen broke on the first fall. The camera lens is protruding.
UI speed 4/10 Laggy.

Pros

• Good camera for steady hands.
  • Beautiful amoled screen.

Cons

• Laggy user interface.
  • Fragile screen.
  • Protruding camera.
  • Poor battery.

youssefshabana
posted on 20 Nov 2014, 09:00 (Posts: 0; Member since: 20 Nov 2014)

S4 I9500 User

youssefshabana has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I have s4 for more than year and half . First I was having a problem with the battery on jellybean 4.2.2 and I changed it twice but now it's not bad after kitkat . And it was heat also on 4.2.2 but after the last update this phone changed but I really hate the build quality and the interface ( because of lagging of course )

I prefer ( G2_Z1_Z2_S5_Nexus 5 )

Build quality 6/10 It's really poor and it's easy to break and crash :(
Call quality 10/10 It's really good
Multimedia 10/10 Awesome
Camera 9/10 I really like the camera on s4 but it's only average in low light and the front camera is great
UI speed 7/10 It lags only with heavy use like playing hd games so if you are a heavy user don't buy this phone
Everyday usage 7/10 Good
Display 9/10 I really like the display but in my opinion IPS LCD is better
Battery 7/10 It's only average . It could be much better

• Sensors
  • Remote Control
  • Speakers

• Lags

Tripax
posted on 12 Oct 2014, 19:49 (Posts: 1; Member since: 12 Oct 2014)

Samsung Galaxy S4 i9505 User!

Tripax has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Overall, I can only say good of S4, as my analysis suggests, it works very well at all, does well what it promises, the only thing you should take into metal rim and not plastic, and the battery may be a bit of power, and must bring radio.

Build quality 8/10 Could have more metal parts.
Reception 9/10 I have a lot assistance where I live.
Call quality 10/10 The best, when caught in other smart notice that nothing comparable is weaker audition.
Internet 9/10 Load web pages very fast in Wi Fi and 4G.
Multimedia 10/10 Very simple and beautiful full marks.
Camera 10/10 Easy to use, the best I've ever seen, just the S5 may be slightly better but only for 4k video, but this has only fullHD 10 I rate your overall.
UI speed 9/10 I think quite fast and super cute, could be faster, with pure android, but the TouchWiz for me and very beautiful, and works very well in S4.
Everyday usage 10/10 Always worked beautifully, never let me down, very fast, a great friend.
Text input 10/10 Very good, and excellent Qwerty keyboard Samsung has the numbers up at the top that helps a lot, very identical SwiftKey, and we still have the option of putting the old way samsung keyboard mode 3X4.
Display 10/10 The best they had seen, until it reached the S5, and are very identical perhaps the S5 is a little better in brightness, but forget the S5, this and the best I've seen.
Battery 8/10 The battery overused internet always connected lasts 1 full day with 20 calls and 30 messages thereabouts, use of internet connected 30 minutes per day and 20 calls and 40 messages it lasts two days, only use the phone and messages only, it lasts close to four days, it loads in just 1 hour and 45min at 100% when this 10%.

• Everyday usage
  • Call quality
  • Gorilla Glass 3
  • UI is user friendly
  • Removable Battery

Cons

• Build quality (not have anything metal)
  • No Radio FM/AM
  • Battery should be better (3000Mhz)

Tripax alternatives:

MrDubya64
posted on 22 Sep 2014, 12:34 (Posts: 0; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)

Close to Perfection

MrDubya64 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The Samsung Galaxy S4 is a great all-around phone for use as a daily driver. Battery life for me is good, I typically get a full day's usage without having to reach for the charger. Call quality is good. There are a lot of features (Smart Pause, Smart Stay, Smart Scroll) that I have yet to use. Simply put, this phone is loaded. The size is perfect for people not wanting a phablet but wanting something a little larger than the iPhone 5S.

Build quality 8/10 Feels good in the hand however the plastic gives it a fragile feel.
Reception 9/10 Strong reception, no dropped calls.
Call quality 10/10 Strong call quality whether using the ear speaker, bluetooth or speaker phone.
Internet 9/10 The 5" screen is better than I thought it would be for web browsing.
Multimedia 8/10 Included music player is better than any I've used before on an Android phone.
Camera 10/10 13 megapixels rear camera with lots of great user features.
UI speed 8/10 Everything is nicely organized.
Everyday usage 10/10 Feels good in my pocket, with or without a case. Lags occasionally.
Text input 10/10 Swipe keyboard is great.
Display 9/10 Love the 5" size and HD resolution.
Battery 8/10 Not the best but it certainly works well for me.

Pros

• Screen resolution
  • Expandable Storage
  • Removable Battery
  • UI is user friendly
  • Quick access to all settings
  • Lots of user features

Cons

• Overheats occasionally

sputtle
posted on 13 Aug 2014, 00:36 (Posts: 8; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)

sputtle has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

I got my Galaxy S4 the day it came out for Verizon. I have fully enjoyed it ever since. I had it rooted for a while and this was the only time I ever had any trouble with it. Swype was laggy, apps would crash and all sorts of other issues. But once KitKat was pushed out to the devices, everything was gravy again. I would recommend this phone to everyone I know! I especially like the IR blaster. I use it all the time.

Build quality 9/10 There is still too much plastic on these phones to get a 10 for build quality
Reception 9/10 Reception in my area is poor all around, but I still have signal issues at work while others do not.
Call quality 10/10 Can't expect more from call quality.
Internet 10/10 Loads web pages very fast, as long as the connection permits.
Multimedia 8/10 This could definitely use a louder speaker. Otherwise, no other complaints.
Camera 10/10 Pictures are far past my expectations.
UI speed 10/10 Everything flows nicely and is easy to organize.
Everyday usage 10/10 It never leaves my pocket. I use it for everything and it handles its daily chores nicely.
Text input 10/10 Swype gets laggy sometimes, but that's not Samsung's fault. Their keyboard may be better but I never use it. It's functionality just doesn't work for me.
Display 10/10 Always bright enough and dim enough.
Battery 8/10 Given the battery technology today, this phone does do pretty well. Cudos to Samsung and Google for offering all of the power saving options. But it is difficult to get it into deep sleep mode.

Pros

• Screen size
  • Very fast
  • Camera is fabulous
  • IR Blaster

• Speaker isn't loud enough

sputtle alternatives:

ngray13
posted on 12 Aug 2014, 15:11 (Posts: 0; Member since: 12 Aug 2014)

The S4 is a pretty good phone

ngray13 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

The S4 was one of the most popular phones of 2013. I switched from iOS to the S4 and I really liked it. Samsung's TouchWiz user interface really slowed the whole phone down, and was pretty ugly. Some Samsung apps like the phone app had a white theme while apps like the settings were black. The Air Gestures and Smart features worked, but they were complete gimmicks, and I never used them. The S4 looked pretty good, and I liked the physical home button, but the build quality wasn't that good. The phone would make this really bad creaking noise if it was slightly bent at all. The phone played games well and the camera was good, but in the end there was just too much Samsung bloat. The nice things about this phone is micro SD card expansion, Replaceable battery, and 1080p Super Amoled Screen. The camera was really sharp, and good. The speaker wasn't great. The phone had some cool non-gimmick features like 2 apps on the screen at once waving your hand over the screen while its locked to see the time. Over all this phone convinced me never to go back to Apple, but it didn't convince me that Samsung was the right android manufacturer. I ended up selling my S4 for a LG G3. The S4 was a pretty good device, with some cool features, but eventually TouchWiz just pushed me away.

Build quality 7/10 Crappy Plastic and creaking noises.
Reception 10/10 Great reception due to Plastic
Call quality 10/10 Calls were normal
Internet 10/10 Internet Connection was good
Multimedia 10/10 Played apps good and screen looked good during videos.
Camera 10/10 Camera was fantastic! A lot of settings in the camera app.
UI speed 4/10 Samsung Bloat! TouchWiz is very bad, no consistent theme or look either. The lag is pretty bad for a phone of this caliber.
Everyday usage 8/10 Most of the time it was good performance. Lags occasionally
Text input 9/10 Keyboard was good but I ended up replacing it.
Display 10/10 My first HD Screen on a smartphone, and I was blown away. I liked the size too.
Battery 10/10 Lasted most of the day. I carried a spare which was really nice to be able to just swap it out on the go.

Pros

• Great camera and Screen
  • Loved multi window!
  • Does what its supposed to.

Cons

• Samsung's Crappy user interface lagged quite a bit.
  • No Consistent Theme, and ugly user interface
  • Below par speakers
  • Air Gestures and Smart Features are Gimmicks.

ngray13 alternatives:

uttam
posted on 03 Aug 2014, 04:46 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 Aug 2014)

good enought

uttam has owned it for more than one year before publishing this review

still better i am enjoin this phone gaming watching movie any thing we
Really love it camera still better brilliant Super amoled display Great viewing angle
still running latest kitkat galaxy s4 will get android l tooo

Build quality 9/10 9.8

Pros

• Perfact

Cons

• material

youranndrey
posted on 15 Jul 2014, 11:03 (Posts: 0; Member since: 15 Jul 2014)

galaxy s4 I9505

youranndrey has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

a good phone, but way too expensive for what it offers. should try finding a cheaper and thus better alternative out there. i think no flagship it's worth the money.
the iphone has a battery that sucks, etc

Build quality 8/10 I think it's build quality is quite good, I personally love the plastic build and the glossy platisc back cover; bad points are the fact that the bezel can get bent quite easily and you can scratch the display or the back cover, although they are quite resistant, much more resisant than the competitors; so for me it's a 8, not a 9 or a 10 cause it's not something outstanding or unseen before
Reception 5/10 the reception I find it quite bad for a 2014 phone
Call quality 5/10 again, for me disappointing call quality for a very very very expensive device, made in 2014... it's really not worth it's money, although I think that most of the smartphones, if not all of them, encounter the same problem
Internet 7/10 Internet browser it's ok, but could be more dynamic or nice looking
Multimedia 7/10 ok, but the speakers are terrible
Camera 7/10 camera is just average and it's quite slow. i think it's actually worse that the GS3 camera
UI speed 4/10 i like touchwiz a lot, it's design and everything but I completely hate it's lag. i find lag while browsing thorough the system, but expecially on the keyboard, when I type. the keyboard it's just awful, full of loag, expecially if you use it for other aplications and the predictiing is bad too because if you try to type fast, it doubles the words and it starts writing nonsense
Everyday usage 7/10 it's ok for everyday usage, although it could smaller to better fit in the pocket and it's battery could last much longer
Text input 2/10 terrible. lags, the prediction is a failure too
Display 6/10 the display it can get dark enough, but on the other hand it's not bright enough, during day light and sun light you won't be able to view to display
Battery 6/10 battery is less thatn average? it's a good feature the power saving option, but the battery it's just not enought. if you wanna use a 2014 smartphone at its full capacities, with 4g on, internet, messaging aps, music, call, text etc you wont last 12 hrs. again you pay a small fortune for nothing basicly

julio
posted on 08 Jul 2014, 13:09 (Posts: 0; Member since: 08 Jul 2014)

great phone

julio has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

it amazing. cool the camara is very clear. the batery is long lasting. it fits good in the hand and is well bulit. so far it hasnt had any problems at all. it is very quick and responsive. the key bord is very responsive. i love it

Pros

• good screen resulition

Maro1
posted on 21 Jun 2014, 19:35 (Posts: 0; Member since: 21 Jun 2014)

Cool phone

Maro1 has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Its really a superbone....and much handy with one hand use. Its durable, Reception is superbone, Multitasking on Samsung galaxy S4 is superb. Airview, Air gestures, are one of my fav features.
Its the phone that cover around 80% of laging that i found in s3. Its very resposive fast. OInly one 1st time use of few app you found few mili sec lag but after that if u open the same application several times theirs no lags. In my opinion its superb superb phone with ideal size also. The display colors, outdoor visibility all excellent. Actually its a excellent phone.

warswics
posted on 27 May 2014, 16:14 (Posts: 19; Member since: 27 May 2014)

It's okay

warswics has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

I switched in December to Galaxy from iPhone. Overall it's okay. If you own a mac then stick with iPhone. It's a bit of a pain trying to switch pictures over from the phone to the mac laptop. Also, if you hear a song on the radio or something it is far easier to quickly purchase it on iTunes. Finally I hate the fact that there are ads on the phone. Seriously that is annoying.
Personally I miss the iPhone and I'll switch back when the 6 comes out.

Build quality 8/10 It's nothing great. Kind of cheap plastic.
Internet 7/10 I've had problems with the phone and its ability to remain on wifi.

Pros

Cons

• Voice recognition
  • wifi problems

Stevo.Tombola
posted on 21 May 2014, 04:43 (Posts: 2; Member since: 16 Aug 2012)

Black Edition

Stevo.Tombola has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Great phone! Despite Galaxy S5 is out on the market, this is still one of the best phones you can get, especially when you compare differences in the price with 2014. models. Black leather cover is really nice upgrade from standard Galaxy S4.

Build quality 9/10 Everything is great, but back cover can sometimes release squeaking sound.
Display 9/10 Overall min. and max. brightness could be better, especially compared to Galaxy S5. The difference is significant. Despite that display is fenomenal!
Battery 9/10 No problem with battery, it can easily last one day with above average use, but it would be nice to see a battery that can stand out at least two days.

Pros

• Big display in compact body
  • Set of keys beneath the display saves precious space on screen
  • Infrared port
  • Card slot

Cons

• Bloatware from Samsung that comes preinstalled on device and it can be removed only if device is rooted
  • Settings menu can be confusing sometimes. It should be simplified and clean from double stuff

zalissan
posted on 11 May 2014, 06:05 (Posts: 1; Member since: 10 May 2014)

S4

zalissan has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Agha mahshare chera???chon mahshare dige
gooshie por ghodratie faghat samsung galaxy s 4 T ey baba inam ke hamash mige 200 ta kalame benvisam , beharhal man ke daram va hal mikonam I love touchwiz
The basic functions work great and the extras are nice and even useful

JocysM
posted on 03 May 2014, 06:59 (Posts: 0; Member since: 03 May 2014)

Samsung Galaxy S4

JocysM has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Unfotunately, I found more cons than pros with this phone. 1. For that kind of phone, storage is very limited. 2 After the 1st official samsung software update phone started to lag! I was patient and waited for the new update which came out about 3 weeks ago. Lag was fixed but other issues occurred! Now the phone can barely last 10minutes before dying when using apps or games. On top of that it stopped warning you to plug the phone in to carge. Due to this I lost data several times. Lastly, most of the time I kept my phone at home and barely used it outside. Recently woke up last morning to find my phones screen unglued! This last drop inspired me to write a review for people who might foolishly think that this phone is worth its price

Build quality 1/10 I've not started using it properly on day to day basis yet as I was too lazy to cut micro sim card. Just by using Samsung Galaxy S4 at home, one morning I found out that the LCD screen unglued itself! I am outrageous
Reception 9/10 Good Reception. Big difference comparing to my old nokia.
Battery 1/10 I'm giving it a minimum rating as after last official samsung software update my phone barely lasts 10 minutes without dying when using apps or playing games

Pros

• Used to be very happy at the start especially with the quality of camera and sharpness of graphics.

Cons

• However, I found more cons than pros. 1. For that kind of phone, storage is very limited. 2 After the 1st official samsung software update phone started to lag! I was patient and waited for the new update which came out about 3 weeks ago. Lag was fixed but other issues occurred! Now the phone can barely last 10minutes before dying when using apps or games. On top of that it stopped warning you to plug the phone in to carge. Due to this I lost data several times. Lastly, most of the time I kept my phone at home and barely used it outside. Recently woke up last morning to find my phones screen unglued! This last drop inspired me to write a review for people who might foolishly think that this phone is worth its price

tixoo
posted on 02 May 2014, 04:17

good phone

tixoo has owned it for less than year before publishing this review

Overall a great phone, but you can definitely find better Android phones for this price, for example the nexus 5, oppo's, huawei's etc.
I loved the phone, and used it to its full potential but sometimes the call quality just killed me, with interruptions etc., but i guess that something samsung never going to fix.

Pros

• good battery life
  • decent design
  • great performance
  • packed with features

Cons

• build quality is nothing special
  • call quality is sometimes bad
  • reception is sometimes bad

vaibhav_panchgade
posted on 22 Apr 2014, 00:45 (Posts: 0; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)

Samsung S4 display broke easily

vaibhav_panchgade has owned it for less than 3 months before publishing this review

Hello Friends, I have purchase Samsung S4 on 28-Dec-13 After regular user on 14-MAR-1 my screen display was not working suddenly So I went to Care Centre Their representative told me it is physical damaged as one small crack was there on left hand corner side.I told him it is not dropped nor any pressure I have applied Then he asked me where you carry your mobile then he told me due to carrying mobile in jeans pocket it may damaged your screen display. I was shocked by his answer & I told him I was carrying another Nokia's mobile at same time in pocket but nothing was happens to it then he was unanswerable. By raising issue to Samsung they have asked me for mobiles picture & after their study that it is rare case with Samsung & they can provide me 20% discount. I told their service representative boss if there may be any mistake from my side surely I must have accepted that & I never asked for any discount but here there is no mistake of mine Just I was carrying a phone in my front jeans pocket. Friends please suggest me a way to get maximum discount waiting for your reply. Regards, Vaibhav