iPhone 5 vs Galaxy S III: Who has the better HTML5 support
So we thought: which is the better platform for real-world usage of HTML5? Is it the iPhone 5's Safari browser, or we'd actually get a better performance out of the Galaxy S III? We tried a number of random HTML5 websites and believe we've reached a precise conclusion about the current state of HTML5 support for both iOS and Android. Which one has the better HTML5 support? Watch our video and find out!
1. neutralguy (Posts: 1152; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
lol'd at 2:45 :))) iPhone 5 heard you! that's why it made its transition choppier :))
2. jan25 (Posts: 432; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
16:45 iPhone fail. i would be interested to see it go head to head with the stock JB browser.
8. Danre (Posts: 85; Member since: 02 Sep 2012)
Yeah! totally agreed with with you.
A new Phone is in the market specially.....Hmmmm ....sorry only for fools called iPhone 5.
Go ahead and buy it and you are a step closer to become most foolish guy in the universe.
10. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
I bought it. Cant wait to be the most foolish guy in the universe... Damnit turns out im not the only one :(
25. networkdood (Posts: 6329; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
congrats for following the crowd of uninformed consumers...baaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
31. 305Bucko (Posts: 506; Member since: 07 Aug 2011)
Although, i gotta say, at the moment i really miss my Galaxy S3...
...OK im over it =D
30. stealthd (Posts: 1002; Member since: 12 Jun 2011)
This comment sounds like it was written by a five year old trying to sound smart.
18. sniper1087 (Posts: 416; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Stock jb browser is chrome, same as in the nexus 7 and is the wors i have used, my sgs3 has a better browser, same as ios, love it or hate it they do always give the user a good performance when it comes to browsing, chrome for me is still in beta on android and lags so much on websites, sometimes i just have to find an alternative.
22. jan25 (Posts: 432; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
clearly you don't know what you are talking about. the stock browser in a Jellybean running Galaxy Nexus is still the basic stock browser which is better than your S3's browser and thus IOS's. i am not a fan of Chrome either, although their UI is way better than any other browser.
35. sniper1087 (Posts: 416; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
I have used a galay nexus with jb and te only reason it had stock browser is because it was updated otherqise why you think the nexus 7 doesnt have it, but regardless the browser on the S3 was still faster thab the bexus with JB.
38. jan25 (Posts: 432; Member since: 26 Feb 2012)
Chrome was never, at any given time been the stock browser for the Galaxy Nexus. not even the very first second it was updated to JB. for a person who have used the JB stock browser, i have never been that satisfied with a browser before. i wish i could prove it to you somehow. may be Phonearena could do a comparison between the Nexus 4 when it's released, the Galaxy S3 and the iPhone 5.
39. sniper1087 (Posts: 416; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
You don have to prove me anything I used the Galaxy nexus with JB and Nexus 7 with JB, just because the Galaxy Nexus didnt get their browser removed soesnt mean is the standard, they announced on the nexus 7 event the new JB browser will be chrome and there you go the nexus 7 has chrome no stock like you were saying, yet the S3 browser was still better than the nexus with JB with stock browser.
24. hellt1M (Posts: 19; Member since: 10 Oct 2012)
i prefer chrome over any other browser. even stock ics/jb browsers. i have heard every complaint about chrome and with the 4 devices plus nexus 7, i have never experienced any of those issues. to me feels faster than anything out and options are more convenient.
36. sniper1087 (Posts: 416; Member since: 31 Dec 2011)
Well there are a couple of things that bother me about the chrome browser, how fast it renders a website, scrolling often lags and makes e rely on using my S3 browser because it just gets annoying, the tabs when you other tasks reload but not refresh shows the same content but has to load it again, i like th fact that bookmarks sync across with pc as well as recent tabs, but i still think they should have kept it in beta until everything was fixed, i have tested it on a phone and it is a little faster but on a tablet is just no good enough.
3. Bismarck131 (Posts: 3; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
GSIII may only have officially won 3/5, but in the 2 it "lost" it only performed slightly less smooth...in the 3 tests the iPhone lost it failed to function almost at all in 2 of the tests and was significantly choppier in the first test...I'd say the GSIII wins hands down no comparison...
33. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 5147; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Results will vary. Too many factors that come into play here for pinpoint accuracy.
4. rtimi26 (Posts: 41; Member since: 16 Mar 2009)
did anyone notice the second site on the iphone 5 didn't even show all the clouds maybe that's why it had more smoother animation because it removed some elements that could slow it down.
16. Fallout09 (Posts: 419; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Not just the clouds... it also looked like the text boxes were empty on the iPhone 5.
14. Seymur (unregistered)
no, gsgsgsgs3 is.
6. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
BB10 browser they say will have the best HTML5 support.
Currently i think Chrome is winner IIRC
7. MartyK (Posts: 729; Member since: 11 Apr 2012)
This dude hurry up and return to the gallery (3:27) to chose another photo shoot.
Samsung can't get fair-shoot out/treatment even in a HTML5 shoot out....hahahahaha
9. protozeloz (Posts: 5387; Member since: 16 Sep 2010)
can you please do another one with chrome? since chrome is likely to become the default android browser would be good to see its performance
26. rusticguy (Posts: 2828; Member since: 11 Aug 2012)
Yes you are right ...
Dolphin beta is better in terms of these scores.
19. denied911 (banned) (Posts: 361; Member since: 31 May 2012)
go to your little iPhony
23. nnaatthhaannx2 (Posts: 820; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
You forgot mention the fact the the iPhone was properly able to load the font on the second test, while the SGS3 wasn't.
17. Fallout09 (Posts: 419; Member since: 17 Oct 2011)
Ray S article where iPhone is not the winner? Quick.... someone see if it is still hot in Hell.
28. PapaSmurf (Posts: 9366; Member since: 14 May 2012)
I was thinking the same exact thing! I know it killed him inside to say the GS3 won.
21. Bernoulli (Posts: 2008; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Well, I wonder who has the best flash support, if any....
27. sum182 (Posts: 229; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
technically noone does, as its not supported in android anymore (unless you sideload it) or already had it installed. So, because flash and apple hated eachother, android wins because iphone never had it. There ya go lol
29. Bernoulli (Posts: 2008; Member since: 01 Sep 2012)
Thank you, and yeah Hu!! You can view and customize with any galaxy phone via flash man!
32. digicon (Posts: 121; Member since: 11 Aug 2011)
Like at 14:20 he says "Well , if the iPhone 5 did work , I'm sure it would transition much more smoothly . But we'll give it to the GS3 even if it is so choppy ." Come on Man . . .
34. pikapowerize (banned) (Posts: 1869; Member since: 03 May 2012)
i dont really like fash to be remove...coz 3rd world countries like me dont have that much speed for html5... really slow while loading an html5 video...
37. voxmarc (Posts: 320; Member since: 22 Aug 2012)
Wow Ray you were able to say S3 won.......it must have been so hard for you and the rest of iPhoneArena......
40. wantedvikas (Posts: 1; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
That last website WALO is not an HTML5 website... it uses XHTML 1.0 Strict and havent used any of the HTML5 elements... there is a problem of cross browser compatibility in that website.. lol to the developer not the iphone5 .. now plz dont start the chat room that i am apple fan boy.. i dont own it... I am Webdeveloper and know the stuffs...