Which Android launcher are you using?
- Which Android launcher are you using?
2001 votes (2001 votes) I use the stock launcher that came with my phone
237 votes (237 votes) I am constantly switching launchers
225 votes (225 votes) GO Launcher EX
1487 votes (1487 votes) NOVA Launcher
231 votes (231 votes) Apex Launcher
80 votes (80 votes) Smart Launcher 2
63 votes (63 votes) Mi Launcher
49 votes (49 votes) Dodol Launcher
68 votes (68 votes) Action Launcher
43 votes (43 votes) Solo Launcher
87 votes (87 votes) Buzz Launcher
21 votes (21 votes) EverythingMe Launcher
53 votes (53 votes) Launcher 8
30 votes (30 votes) Themer Beta
115 votes (115 votes) KK Launcher
48 votes (48 votes) Next Launcher 3D Shell
19 votes (19 votes) Atom Launcher
69 votes (69 votes) Nokia Z Launcher
187 votes (187 votes) Aviate
256 votes (256 votes) Other
1. aayupanday (Posts: 520; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
Nova's probably the best option other than stock Android IMO.
5. CoastCity (Posts: 139; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
Nova was good for me also but Apex is a bit lighter and lets me resize my icons and make them smaller. If I can't resize icons, what's the use of more rows and columns? The get crammed
10. ihavenoname (Posts: 1505; Member since: 18 Aug 2013)
I'm rocking Apex also. I tried Nova, but went back immediately.
19. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1150; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
The newest version of Nova lets you resize icons :)
22. LikeMyself (Posts: 298; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
Apex is lighter with most goodies of Nova, but neater and it also allows gesture movements like swipe up or down options for free unlike Nova! Apex rocking on all my Android devices after trying tens of launchers!
36. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4336; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
I have tried Apex, & it's good, but Nova in my opinion is smoother & has WAY more features. I use Nova Prime on my rooted Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
50. steedsofwar (Posts: 288; Member since: 07 Oct 2013)
That's right Apex is so much more responsive with the new updates as compared to Nova. Especially if you enable 'alpha effect' the homescreen transitions just look more graceful and smoother.
Plus, it's free version has everything you could want without being forced to pay like Nova.
38. UglyFrank (Posts: 551; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
The gestures e.g. Double tap/swipe down made nova great, so intuitive.
45. Synack (Posts: 668; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Shame on you who use the stock launcher on your phones (except Nexus and GPE phones)
66. Blazers (Posts: 240; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
Dude, you do realize that a majority of people don't care about completely changing the look of their phone. We are a minority.
For most, as long as they can change their wallpaper and ringtone, that's good enough for them.
2. hmd74 (Posts: 382; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
Once again there's no Google Now Launcher?
shame on u PA
7. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3205; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
I can't even find Google Now Launcher on Google Play. Either can I find Nokia Z launcher. Some regional thing?
18. hmd74 (Posts: 382; Member since: 31 Jan 2013)
but the APK is everywhere :D
btw i don't have access to Google Play AT ALL :|
21. RebelwithoutaClue (Posts: 1150; Member since: 05 Apr 2013)
44. BREvenson (Posts: 211; Member since: 17 May 2012)
Also works if you are running certain 4.4 ROMs, I have AOSB running on my Atrix HD and the Google Now Launcher is preinstalled. Of course, you can use alternatives (Apex is my pick at the moment) but the Google launcher is satisfactory for the most part.
48. Settings (Posts: 619; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Because of its data mining. They outsource your personal data to the ad companies.
14. CoastCity (Posts: 139; Member since: 07 Mar 2014)
I don't know about trusting it but It's heavier than most
25. LikeMyself (Posts: 298; Member since: 23 Sep 2013)
It's like the TouchWiz version of custom launchers eating more RAM than necessary, but it can be trusted and the devs like most of the others are good people!
60. thesims2customs (Posts: 21; Member since: 12 Jul 2014)
Yeah, with so many animation and themes.
But I'd rather choose Aviate.
74. Firedrops (Posts: 215; Member since: 06 Sep 2011)
Personally I wouldn't have any of GO's stuff on my phone.
Besides the possible data mining aspects, they're just so heavy and ad-laden, asking you to install shady apps for "gold".
Personalisation by the end-user is rather limited, too.
4. Bjray (Posts: 98; Member since: 29 May 2014)
I'm using the Google Now Launcher (it's not an option?).
8. jmill75 (Posts: 20; Member since: 22 Jul 2009)
Yes they left out one of the best option in my opinion.
12. techspace (Posts: 768; Member since: 03 Sep 2012)
that's okay...it comes under the first or the last option.
i have tried all those launchers(like many other android users) and right now, i am using go launcher, just for a change and as we all know, it's very customizable....it's very difficult to say which one is the best but i keep going back to google now launcher all the time(the only problem with google now launcher is that it's not very customizable)
9. maherk (Posts: 1117; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
I am using the theme manager found in the Alliance Rom on my Galaxy S5. Best thing ever, bunch of themes, highly customizable, and super smooth.
11. jellmoo (Posts: 700; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
I'm always switching launchers. I'll use one for a while, then find some littler thing I don't like, and feel the need to switch. I'd be happy with the Google Now Launcher or Nova/Apex if I didn't hate they way they handled folders...
13. Dnev1 (Posts: 1; Member since: 17 Jul 2014)
Zeam Launcher is the smallest and fastest in my opinion. I've used it on my Galaxy and now on my Nexus 5. I originally needed it with my unusually slow Droid X, and haven't looked back.
15. jellmoo (Posts: 700; Member since: 31 Oct 2011)
Didn't development on Zeam stop though? I think the dev has put his effort into SickSky.
16. jibraihimi (Posts: 695; Member since: 29 Nov 2011)
At present i am settled at adw launcher ex, but will change it soon, as no dev support for it... But i also have Nova launcher prime, apex launcher and next launcher 3d's apk on my phone....
17. Bison (Posts: 7; Member since: 23 Jun 2014)
It lacks the best and the more customizable launcher : Lightning Launcher
20. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 428; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
I don't use it anymore because the lack of transition effects but it is a fantastic launcher. Glaring omission PA.
23. heutsm (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Jul 2014)
Fast, smooth and very customizable: Next launcher 3d. Very nice transitions of homescreens also.
27. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 428; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
But for $16!? I want to try it but any launcher is worth $4.99 at the most for me.
28. heutsm (Posts: 2; Member since: 17 Jul 2014)
True. Light version is for free. I bought the launcher, althoug for less than $16. Can't imagine I spend that much money for a launcher...
26. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 428; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
The Google Now launcher is great but with a 4x4 grid the icons are too big and there's so much wasted space. I usually switch between Nova and Apex using a 5x5 grid instead. I'm more partial to Nova due to the abundance of transition effects, and icon packs are less of a hassle in my experience.
33. PressStart (Posts: 118; Member since: 08 Apr 2014)
I highly recommend KK Launcher. I've tried a few other launchers and I don't get bloatware thrown at me, with KK, its very minimal. It feels "clean." Only thing is, the free version had a better rating than the paid version, I believe. I'm still using the free version after several months and I'm satisfied still. I think I will take a chance to unlock some features and upgrade soon.
34. livyatan (Posts: 732; Member since: 19 Jun 2013)
I don't see the deal with NOVA launcher.
GO Launcher is simply better.
35. nlbates66 (Posts: 311; Member since: 15 Aug 2012)
40% using the stock launcher, that means a lot of people still using touchwiz launcher :-) I usually found that one fine myself but I only picked action launcher because I like swiping an applist in from the side.
37. b1acktiger (Posts: 210; Member since: 19 May 2012)
No launcher is beautiful and funtional than HTC Sense
39. Darkerm (Posts: 199; Member since: 31 Jan 2012)
Sony's Xperia Launcher is the best (y)
I love my Xperia S
40. Dejavu_LT (Posts: 21; Member since: 11 Jun 2012)
Stock sense 6 :) It's lighweight, beautiful and super fast :)
43. Klamba92 (Posts: 205; Member since: 25 Jun 2012)
Right now using Themer love the ease of use with changing the whole homescreen with one click! But i find myself going back to old reliable Nova launcher every now and then!
46. tokuzumi (Posts: 339; Member since: 27 Aug 2009)
No option for the Google Now Launcher? I side loaded it onto my S4, and I use it on my Nexus 7.
47. Takeharu (Posts: 76; Member since: 28 Oct 2013)
I'm using Trebuchet that came with my rom (CM11) and I'm fine with it...
52. gaara6775 (Posts: 474; Member since: 20 May 2014)
Nothing comes close to Next Launcher 3D.
53. foreverjin08 (Posts: 32; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
I like inspire launcher. Easy fast and convenient. Launcher 8 is also very flexible to customize.
54. kkmkk (Posts: 95; Member since: 06 May 2013)
personally i change my device launcher every 2 weeks but for the most part i use nova it is super fast and smooth with dozens of options . launcher 8 is also great :-)
55. ryan5609 (Posts: 99; Member since: 01 Nov 2011)
Heavily modified stock launcher. Xposed/Gravity Box/Other Modules
56. isprobi (Posts: 220; Member since: 30 May 2011)
I have tried a few launchers over the years and some have nice features. But none of them seem to run as smoothly as the one that came on the phone. The one on my Sony Xperia Z Ultra works in portrait and landscape and seems to be a fairly light skin compared to Samsung I had before. So I see no real need to change it.