We're betting this iPhone 6 concept video is nigh on the real deal
The specs probably won't match, but knowing Apple, this design is highly plausible. Yes, it's the same iPhone, only with a bigger screen and new internals. But the iPhone's iconic look is something that shouldn't be tampered with without a big reason. We expect Apple to go for a radical change once the available technology allows for something truly ground-breaking. Look at how the Cupertino company offered the same old Mac Pro for years, before its 2013 incarnation awed everyone with its unique design.
1. draconic1991 (Posts: 176; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
Iphone looks a little odd without its bezel...
15. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4417; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
Look I think the iPhone is a classic design BUT it's the freaking same since the iPhone 4. They NEED a new design already. I don't own an iPhone nor have ever owned an iPhone & I am SICK of the same model over, & over again.
Corvette changed it's iconic rear tail lights from 2 round circles in each side to some futuristic look in the New "redesigned" Corvette. Let me tell you the change is sexy & well deserved. Apple needs to change or shall I say "spice" things up already.
I really hope the iPhone 6 comes out with something "NEW" already, this concept video is tired & weak...
37. twagn (Posts: 15; Member since: 02 Jan 2014)
10mp camera, OIS, f/1.8, 1/2.3 sensor, 4.7" display.. sign me up
25. draconic1991 (Posts: 176; Member since: 27 Apr 2012)
oh yeah even i want them to change...im bored with it...
42. darkkjedii (Posts: 12619; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
I saw a red C7 driving down the street last week, and almost broke my neck looking at it.
36. BLUEBLASTER (Posts: 100; Member since: 23 Feb 2014)
I don't think it will have a glass back either.
40. Luuthian (Posts: 219; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
A little, but it's nice that the phone will be able to obtain a larger screen size without increasing the actual phone's size by much. It'll probably only be off putting for a few moments. The LG G2 doesn't hurt the eyes despite barely a bezel to be seen on the sides.
2. AfterShock (Posts: 2968; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
If looks were the only thing that mattered,
I'd be tempted.
27. AfterShock (Posts: 2968; Member since: 02 Nov 2012)
To explain myself, its a little more balanced looking towards being squared instead of rectangular in shape.
Modern shape like a large screen phone or mini phablet if I may, idk night shift might be getting best of me.
I still loathe its being though, limited tweaking, walled off money sucking pit of a fc'n rebooting hipster fad gone madly out of Jones's control phone.
3. Gsizzle (Posts: 35; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
lol what's the difference between this and the 5s?
11. Gsizzle (Posts: 35; Member since: 19 Aug 2013)
No, but are you mentally challenged to think that there is massive change in Aesthetics from the 5s?
19. DefinitiveKid (Posts: 139; Member since: 15 May 2013)
4.7 inches from 4 inches is a massive change in my book. Or maybe you'd prefer a dimpled plastic back instead of the glass/aluminum one?
24. SuperAndroidEvo (Posts: 4417; Member since: 15 Apr 2011)
A larger screen on the same design is hardly change. I think that's what Gsizzle is implying...
At least the dimpled plastic back is water & dust proof. That in itself is a MASSIVE change.
30. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Apple Blinders Super, that's all you need to know. Apple Blinders.
But don't worry when Apple makes a water resistant phone he'll beat his Apple Drum with Steve Jobs face on it, and shout from the mountain tops that Apple has started some type of phone revolution!!!
7. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Uh... this year the headphone jack is on the side!!! BOOM!!! Mind=Blown
9. DefinitiveKid (Posts: 139; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Yeah because all upcoming Android phones differ sooo much aesthetically from their predecessor...
16. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
It's a joke man. Take the Apple horse blinders off and relax...
But seriously the phone jack is on the side ;-)
45. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6736; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
it's a concept. and what kind of idiot journalist think this is the IP6?
6. Xenaz (Posts: 106; Member since: 28 Apr 2013)
I'm betting no matter how the next iPhone looks like, PA definitely rate it above 9 in its review
8. DefinitiveKid (Posts: 139; Member since: 15 May 2013)
Then again maybe it would deserve it, just maybe...
28. Sauce (unregistered)
Do I sense jealousy, envi, hatred, anger?
All of the above?
Calm down you silly fanboy.
33. Sauce (unregistered)
Let's say that your hatred is based off of actual reason. Lets compare the iPhone to a Honda Civic, and your fanboy phone of choice to a Ferrari.
The iPhone would still be getting 9's because credit is given where its due. The Honda Civic is a very well designed, reliable, glorious car, for the division it is in. As alike the Ferrari. I'm not going to stupidify my reason any more because we all have brains and can make out common sense. Some of us just don't have the balls to admit that a company they hate designs and sells a phone that millions upon millions LOVE, and will keep loving because of everything the company and the phone have to offer, physical or not.
35. Finalflash (Posts: 1903; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
Of course, I am quite glad for the iPhone catering to the grandmas and little girls out there. Without them there would be no way to get little kids and the elderly into using a smartphone. It is just when fanboys get all "our favorite company is milking us harder than yours therefore we win....whatever it is we are trying to win", then it becomes a pain..
38. JerryTime (Posts: 468; Member since: 09 Nov 2013)
Yeah but Honda doesn't try to sell me the Civic at the same price as the Ferrari(or more for that matter when it comes to Apple's products especially Macbooks), nor am I stupid enough to pay that much if they did. So you're argument is invalid.
And for the record I carried an iPhone for 3 years, it's not blind hate, because I have tested the waters. The iPhone is a decent phone yes. Minus the fact that the reception quality is terrible, but decent isn't a 9 or higher every time on a 10 point scale. Decent would be a 5 because that's the median...
32. Finalflash (Posts: 1903; Member since: 23 Jul 2013)
They have to cater to that crowd, it isn't a very diverse or calm group.
10. iampayne (Posts: 255; Member since: 12 Aug 2013)
Im betting more on a unibody construction.
13. Kishin (Posts: 647; Member since: 30 May 2013)
This iPhone concepts would rule 2014 designs..
14. nctx77 (Posts: 572; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
I disagree to an extent. I think the front plate is plausible, but they will not go for the squared off design again. The leaked back plates were real to me that leaked a few weeks ago. I do understand that the render that came with it was fake, but the back plates were authentic. I think that most people just have a hard time seeing Apple go away from the boxy design , which leads everyone to think this will be the iphone 6. The iPod concept is the real deal!
17. fzacek (Posts: 2208; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
PA is overestimating the specs of the next iPhone. They have never and will never improve a phone this much.
29. kindlefireowner (Posts: 443; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
4.7 inch screen is the perfect screen size. I hope Apple goes with a 4.7 inch screen, so we never have to here about this again.
34. Chris_Bakke (Posts: 210; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
GUYS!!!!! Samuel Beckett, while I understand, might be this guys actual name, was an author and playwright for the theater of the ABSURD!!!! He was a satirist!!!!
39. GeekMovement (Posts: 1521; Member since: 09 Sep 2011)
What's with the gray oval around the camera & flash on the back? I hope it doesn't look like this. Apple can do better.
41. darkkjedii (Posts: 12619; Member since: 05 Feb 2011)
Apple design it like this, keep the iconic, beautiful look of the iPhone brand. To house 4.7 the phone doesn't need to grow too much, very little in fact. That concept rocked. C'mon Cook hook ya boy up yo.
43. techperson211 (Posts: 710; Member since: 27 Feb 2014)
4.7 is the right screen size? Hmm... Steve jobs qouted a smart phone should never go above 3.5 in screen size . Just saying.
47. Astoni (Posts: 573; Member since: 28 Sep 2013)
Yea, but does he know what every human on earth thinks?
44. bolangtaba (Posts: 3; Member since: 12 Feb 2014)
i think the iphone current design is already perfect, the only change that should be done is its size.
therefore, its supposed increase to 4.7 inches is already a huge welcome change.
46. Diezparda (Posts: 215; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
Okay iPad Air was so slim and light, but iPhone 5S are no differrent compared to their previous generation. So surprise me Apple!