Verizon's Samsung Galaxy S III finally getting Android 4.1.2 update
Other changes include an improvement to the predictive text on the virtual QWERTY keyboard, and Big Red's Samsung Galaxy S III users can now take pictures while shooting a video. For those who just need to know the price of a stock at that moment, a manual refresh button has been added to the lock screen stock market ticker. Email syncing and Bluetooth performance have both been improved and VZ Navigator and Amazon have been added to stub applications.
The new version of the build is VRBMB1 and if you are a Verizon customer with the Android flagship model, let us know if you received the update by dropping a comment in the box below.
1. MikeG77 (Posts: 379; Member since: 24 Nov 2008)
Good for S3 owners you just beat the Nexus to 4.1.2 but bad for Nexus owners but soon the wait will be over and we'll have 4.2.2 : )
6. wp8forever (unregistered)
Thats crazy they are so so so later , oh well enjoy it , cuz is the last one you guys are getting .
10. MikeG77 (Posts: 379; Member since: 24 Nov 2008)
Nope because there is always root and unlocked bootloader : )
2. bigredjoec (Posts: 2; Member since: 05 Mar 2013)
Just updated my Nexus 4 to 4.2.2 three days ago on T-Mobile
3. mrvid (Posts: 77; Member since: 02 Oct 2008)
Downloaded and installed, no issues! Sure would be nice if Verizon would let you know!!
4. yowanvista (Posts: 340; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
One more reason to avoid those carrier crap bloated devices. i9300/i9305 FTW
11. belovedson (Posts: 832; Member since: 30 Nov 2010)
sure would be great if our phones were not carrier locked. this should help with the updates
5. imkyle (Posts: 1048; Member since: 18 Nov 2010)
Big Red you may have the highest ratings per consumer reports, but real time customers are getting annoyed with your delayed updates.
13. jroc74 (Posts: 5387; Member since: 30 Dec 2010)
Thats because the majority of the general public doesnt care and might not even know about updates.
If it isnt told to them or pushed by OTA...they would never hit the About Phone section. They probably dont as is.
Perfect examples is the Scroogled and phone unlock petitions. Millions of ppl probably viewed each petition...each only got 100,000+ signatures.
7. squallz506 (banned) (Posts: 1075; Member since: 19 Oct 2011)
Lol I guess Verizon subscribers have to wait even longer. 4.1.2 but no premium suite? That sucks x/
12. willywill_evo (Posts: 162; Member since: 05 Jan 2011)
useless update i wish we can get the Premium Suite, that way i can multitask like a boss, but for now the Unity Launcher work great
14. k4j98 (Posts: 60; Member since: 12 Jul 2012)
4.2.2 is available for the S3--all you have to do is root and install!
17. haydenb (Posts: 26; Member since: 24 Nov 2011)
Crap my Note 2 was updated to 4.12 sooner than this