Verizon, AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile will all have a BlackBerry 10 device
BlackBerry chief executive blamed long testing periods for the delay, but which exact carriers will have the upcoming all-touch BlackBerry Z10 and full QWERTY BlackBerry Q10?
First, Verizon Wireless has announced it will stock both the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10, with the flagship Z10 arriving at a price of $199 on a two-year contract. Moreover, the white version of the Z10 will be a Verizon exclusive in the United States. Both devices will come with 4G LTE connectivity.
The nation’s second largest carrier, AT&T, will also have both the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10, also running on its 4G LTE network.
Sprint on the other hand will only sport the BlackBerry Q10 "later this year." Sprint hasn’t really revealed much else saying that “additional details, including pricing, will be shared closer to availability" in a press release. We also don’t know whether that device will support Sprint’s 4G LTE network, but we’d guess that it would.
And now T-Mobile has also confirmed that it will carry the BlackBerry Z10, and moreover - it will be T-Mobile's first 4G LTE device. The carrier also has a sign-up page that will notify you when pre-orders become available.
And here are the details about the global launch of BB10:
- In the UK, the BlackBerry Z10 will come on EE, O2, Vodafone, Phones 4u, BT, 3UK and the Carphone Warehouse.
- In Canada, the Z10 will launch on February 5th. Price will be $149.99 on a 3-year contract.
- In the UAE, the BlackBerry Z10 will arrive on February 10th.
10. Nadr1212 posted on 30 Jan 2013, 12:33 1 0
The z10 will b tmobile's 1st 4g lte device?
Must be some sweet news for BlackBerry
11. firelightx posted on 30 Jan 2013, 12:50 0 0
Sadly, that makes T-Mobile the only carrier that HTC didn't make the "First LTE Phone" for.
13. thenoodge posted on 30 Jan 2013, 13:24 2 2
Sprints first LTE device was Samsungs Galaxy Nexus
4. Droid_X_Doug posted on 30 Jan 2013, 11:12 0 0
"No earlier than" (from the other article) leaves the remaining 3 quarters. Which is why the stock took a hit after the announcement.
5. bparkerson posted on 30 Jan 2013, 11:22 1 0
Thats why RIM can't launch ( in the US ) until mid-March...Verizon needs enough time to install all their bloat!!
3. Derekjeter posted on 30 Jan 2013, 11:10 3 1
Verizon wont sell them till they have their stupid logo stamped on the back along with LTE. This is why all phone makers should just sell the phones at full retail and you take to any carrier you like. When will this happen? We are so behind.
12. firelightx posted on 30 Jan 2013, 12:51 0 0
It's in the works. T-Mo is doing it that way and Verizon and AT&T CEOs have both expressed interest in seeing how well T-Mo does with it.
27. sethp123 posted on 30 Jan 2013, 19:49 1 0
jeter everyone can't afford to pay full price we are not all baseball players
28. Derekjeter posted on 30 Jan 2013, 20:12 0 0
Lmao!!! This will make phone manufacturers bring the price of the phones down. You don't all need to be baseball players
6. dgreekstallion posted on 30 Jan 2013, 11:45 4 0
Sprint has failed me again with not picking up the Z10!
8. Fallout09 posted on 30 Jan 2013, 12:00 0 0
Agreed. I was looking to put in a request to update my work BB, but not for another lame ass qwerty model.
17. Derekjeter posted on 30 Jan 2013, 14:17 2 0
Sprint doesn't have any money left to carry good phones with that dumb deal to carry the iCrap
24. MC1123 posted on 30 Jan 2013, 18:46 0 0
they will pick it... but sprint is a butt head, it will took them time to pick a phone (WP8 device) for their line up! but i understand them since this is business
30. lsutigers posted on 30 Jan 2013, 21:57 0 0
Sprint is being conservative with BB as it was with WP. I think eventually they will pick up the Z10 all touchscreen model but their main focus at this time is their business customers, which are used to traditional bold-type keyboard Blackberries. Sprint has tons of enterprise / government customers but with the recent shift to Android and iPhone, they probably dont want to go all in.
7. lovefist posted on 30 Jan 2013, 11:55 0 0
ahh yes good news for uae. many people here use blackberry as a second device, mostly primary along with either an ios or android device
14. cR203 posted on 30 Jan 2013, 13:36 3 0
Putting them on all 4 carriers is a good start. That should definitely help its sales.
15. snowgator posted on 30 Jan 2013, 13:45 2 0
Sprint will be last, as is their pattern anymore.
Still, getting confirmation of all 4 carriers shows the BlackBerry name is strong. More then Microsoft got with WP 8.
18. Droid_X_Doug posted on 30 Jan 2013, 14:55 3 0
"More then Microsoft got with WP 8."
MS delegated carrier relations to its manufacturing 'partners'. Nokia then proceeded to go and give an exclusive to AT&T on the L920. Why would a VZW customer waste an upgrade on a sub-standard Nokia phone (L822 or whatever it was) when there are multiple Android alternatives? Heck, there was even an iP5 at launch to choose from.
Amazing how MS is having to re-learn what it takes to introduce a new toy.
20. snowgator posted on 30 Jan 2013, 16:13 1 0
Really can't argue. In such a cut throat, dog eats their young industry of Mobile, MS seems to be trying to play by their own rules. No one seems to have brought up in their board meetings that no one else plays by ANY rules at all.
Still, not to get side tracked, this is BlackBerry's day. They have a small victory here, and being on all four carriers is huge for their bid to hold onto third place in the OS races. Now, about those mythical release dates....
19. Jyakotu posted on 30 Jan 2013, 15:08 1 0
If Sprint gets a BB10 device before a WP8 device, I'll honestly feel some type of way.
25. MC1123 posted on 30 Jan 2013, 18:47 0 0
i think WP8 will be in trouble if BB10 will took off!
22. rsiders posted on 30 Jan 2013, 16:29 2 0
Released to all major US carriers. Well at least they got that part right. Interested in seeing the Z10 in person.
23. MC1123 posted on 30 Jan 2013, 18:38 1 0
sweet BlackBerry!!! but honestly, $199 on contract, its too much i guess, especially in the US market!
but the hell with $149 on 3 year contract?!!!!!! as far as i know the s3 was just $99 on 3 year contract in canada!
29. InspectorGadget80 posted on 30 Jan 2013, 21:16 0 0
Why does Europe and the rest of the world always gets first launch than the U.S.?
31. GeekMovement posted on 31 Jan 2013, 00:08 0 0
ugh Sprint! Why are you so stupid? Get the Z10 too!!