Tizen 1.0 Larkspur released out of beta, eagerly awaiting the first Tizen phone
3. DKMDROID (Posts: 103; Member since: 09 Aug 2011)
not exactly a bad thing,the thing that worries me is support, but since its intel, im sure theres gonna be great hardware support for the intel chips that im sure they are gonna be using but then again thats obvious really wouldnt mind trying it out once support for it goes up and it comes out of beta, a good android competitor
4. vvelez5 (Posts: 623; Member since: 29 Jan 2011)
I always welcome new OS' into the game and I want them all to do well. But this looks alot like Android.
18. W.P._Android_in_that_Order (Posts: 208; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
I dont know if it looks so much "androidish" as it just looks like touchwiz
5. Veigald (Posts: 286; Member since: 13 Jan 2012)
Icons look droidy, UI looks Belle-ish. Do we really need another tons-of-icons-on-a-picture-background looking kind of OS?
6. Muhannad (Posts: 455; Member since: 20 Sep 2011)
Doesn't look that bad, its always nice to try something new but can developers create a custom ROM to flash and be able to use it on some Android phones? Personally if thats possible I would rather use it on the Galaxy Nexus.
8. lukasound (Posts: 152; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
I don't get this. Why?
They already have Bada as an OS similar to Android with less apps. Why do they need another one?
If they want to create something new, they should have at least make it look new.
9. rg987 (Posts: 130; Member since: 29 Dec 2011)
definitely..........................looks must be different........................there is only copying and copying all the way............................grow up software engineers.....................think of looks also with new features
12. remixfa (Posts: 14255; Member since: 19 Dec 2008)
its to replace bada and have a well developed side project in case something crazy happens to android. say apple miraculously wins a big lawsuit and kills android.. unlikely by far but just for arguements sake... Samsung can immediately whip this OS onto phones and send it out.
10. b.positive (Posts: 12; Member since: 23 Apr 2012)
anybody who use bada os phone (as I) knows that the bada is dead... also, at this moment, samsung support for bada users is equal to zero... I am sure that tizen os have exact future as bada os... it will drop dead within two years... thats why Im looking for new android phone and I will choose between One X and SIII... and X have an advantage only because crappy samsung support...
13. mariosraptor (Posts: 114; Member since: 15 Mar 2012)
nothing special. 1 thing just to say.
STUPID NOKIA for stopping MeeGo. Please revive your Greatest OS. wake up stupid Elop.
You are losing marketshare day by day. Only MeeGo can save you!
14. mercorp (Posts: 1005; Member since: 28 Jan 2012)
YEAH,MARIOSRAPTOP.FIRE THAT IDIOT CEO ELOP NOW!
15. REYNER (Posts: 187; Member since: 10 Feb 2012)
my sister is using wave 3 and so i was able to try it the os itself is quite snappy no prob. with any apps you like to try but the biggest gripe is that if you dont have any credit card to buy a good quality apps. though there are still few quality apps support is what lacks the bada and hopefully tizen will be able to boost their ecosystem faster.
16. swimmer4 (Posts: 1; Member since: 02 May 2012)
Here is a video about Tizen1.0http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
17. kastor (Posts: 43; Member since: 15 Jan 2012)
just a copy of android,they change few thing and make new OS,why they dont make something special,different,and NEW