This Android 6.0 Muffin video concept calls for a Multi-Window feature, more Material Design goodness
1. Symon_Fleece (Posts: 335; Member since: 30 May 2014)
Hope this is true. Multi window is very useful feature.
3. shaineql (Posts: 352; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Love how my Samsung galaxy s5 has all of these.
38. sgodsell (Posts: 3514; Member since: 16 Mar 2013)
Not only Samsung, but Sony, LG, and a few others have also offered multi window in some form or another.
As far as the name is concerned. I was hoping that Google would partner up with Hershey. For M&M.
45. Settings (Posts: 1530; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Love how Windows and Apple had this 20 years ago
51. tedkord (Posts: 10947; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Windows and Apple had smartphone OSes with multiwindow 20 years ago?
52. Settings (Posts: 1530; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
They had multiwindows in their OS since 20 years ago. Dont claim it like Samsung had it first.
53. Techvue (Posts: 14; Member since: 25 Jul 2012)
I think the point is, that Apple has more patents on phone versions of technology that had previously existed (on computers, or cameras, or PDAs, or Windows XP Tablet versions) than anyone else. They just specified in the patent that it is unique to a mobile device. So, separating technologies is valid here.
Otherwise your argument is like saying: houses have had multiple windows for hundreds of years. (way preceding Apple and Microsoft)
true... but pointless.
55. Settings (Posts: 1530; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Geeesh. Samsung fans are the most agitated and aggressive. That is why I like to go against them, they're the most defensive fans ever. Always up in arms when someone says bad about Samsung while other OEM fans are just meh.
56. joey_sfb (Posts: 5569; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
And you are the most hardcore rowdy Apple fan that I have encountered.
Always picking a fight where there is none.
57. Settings (Posts: 1530; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Lol! Me not liking Samsung does not make me an Apple fan.
58. joey_sfb (Posts: 5569; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
All your previous posting say otherwise. Besides PA is a small community with a even smaller pool of regulars.
59. Settings (Posts: 1530; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Me? Apple fan? Lol! You really insist on that statement. Saying good things doesn't make me a fan. Im not even enthusiastic of what is Apple doing these days.
60. joey_sfb (Posts: 5569; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
Saying good things saying bad things its all part and parcel of being a fan.
Now I going to add another word to your long credential, in denial hardcore rowdy Apple fan who always look for a fight where there is none.
What a mouthful.
64. Settings (Posts: 1530; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Kindly look up the definition of fan on the dictionary, quote me up, we'll see if it's me.
65. joey_sfb (Posts: 5569; Member since: 29 Mar 2012)
A Fan of something is also a hater of another.
From this article alone I already can proof that you are a Samsung Hater.
I am not going to waste my time to dig into past article. Just remember I got my eyes on you and I will catch you in upcoming article.
66. Settings (Posts: 1530; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
You're not gonna waste time backtracking but have an effort to stalk me. That's nice! I now had a fan, thanks joeyboy! Smell ya later boy!
13. Settings (Posts: 1530; Member since: 02 Jul 2014)
Funny how they call it multi window when all you can set is two windows only. Should be named to dual window. And not all apps can be 'dual windowed'.
25. tedkord (Posts: 10947; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Butthurt much? Two windows is multiwindows.
47. Diezparda (Posts: 871; Member since: 23 Oct 2013)
i'm ex note 3 user, you can add few more floating windows on top of your dual windows
2. shaineql (Posts: 352; Member since: 28 Apr 2014)
Love how my Samsung galaxy has all of these.
4. drunkenjay (Posts: 860; Member since: 11 Feb 2013)
lol this is the exact same as samsungs multi window.
7. rcl4444 (Posts: 40; Member since: 06 Oct 2012)
Android 6 ... Muffin? I doubt it.
I'm betting it'll be Meringue...
8. joeytaylor (Posts: 432; Member since: 28 Feb 2015)
I love TW....pure android is as boring as IOS....i have a tablet with pure android and it drives me insane half the time
40. adrewfryman (Posts: 44; Member since: 09 Aug 2014)
pure and boring to you, clean and simple to others. TW is too cluttered for me i much rather have stock OS
9. lyndon420 (Posts: 4175; Member since: 11 Jul 2012)
Hope the multi window feature will be baked in.
10. twens (Posts: 974; Member since: 25 Feb 2012)
Most people just listen to the liars the press spread about touch wiz. They haven't even used it to know how functional it is. There countless of simple features touch wiz has got that you won't find elsewhere.
11. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12586; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Hopefully they actually test it this time. We don't need another lollipop mishap like last time.
26. tedkord (Posts: 10947; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Preach! At least maybe you'll convince yourself!
43. tedkord (Posts: 10947; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
My proof is the phone in my hand, the Note 4 (you may have heard of it, it was rated the best 5.5+inch phone in the world by the overwhelming majority of tech reviewers). It's on Lollipop, is smooth as butter, quick as greased lightening and has the stamina of a marathon runner.
But, please. Keep preaching from the mountain. You're as effective as you ever are.
54. Mxyzptlk (Posts: 12586; Member since: 21 Apr 2012)
Might want to have that diagnosed. Sound like you're suffering from denial.
Yes I have heard of the note 4 being a former user of one.
32. defcon888 (Posts: 39; Member since: 03 Nov 2014)
What they should do is give the next OS code to all the manufacturers at the same time. They all have 3 months to bake it into their phones and test it....then they all release the update at the same time. They should make it only able to run on handsets that are 3 years or newer...thats it!
12. Topcat488 (Posts: 1395; Member since: 29 Sep 2012)
So Android 6.0 will be like the features on the Original Galaxy Note... Way to play catch-up O.o
15. SonyFindOneDroidple (Posts: 779; Member since: 11 May 2013)
And people will go crazy like "those are awesome features"
and yet they were the ones who shouted out "gimmicks" haha
17. Trex95 (Posts: 883; Member since: 03 Mar 2013)
Google insteted of fixing Android or re-written Android with fully 64 bit OS they adding useless features that even Samsung thinking to ditched.
27. tedkord (Posts: 10947; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
I'm going to need my tard to English dictionary for this one.
21. Mitsjke (Posts: 20; Member since: 28 Mar 2015)
I still don't like the ugly material design
22. CreeDiddy (Posts: 673; Member since: 04 Nov 2011)
Multi-window = Samsung
Quick Reply = Apple
23. Dr.Hye (Posts: 95; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
No quick reply is on samsung I don't know of any for apple
28. tedkord (Posts: 10947; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
And most of what was introduced in iOS 7 and 8 was taken from other operating systems. Things like the gimped version of Samsung one handed mode. So what?
30. JunitoNH (Posts: 1700; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
I vote for Manure, since most folks are still stuck in JB.
35. tedkord (Posts: 10947; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Are your sure you didn't vote for manure because it's all you see with your head stuck up your rectum?
48. JunitoNH (Posts: 1700; Member since: 15 Feb 2012)
No, I'm pretty sure it was after viewing pictures of jackasses, whom remind me of you.
50. tedkord (Posts: 10947; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
What's that? I can't hear you through your rump.
31. defcon888 (Posts: 39; Member since: 03 Nov 2014)
hmmmm....Muffin?.....how about "Marmalade", "Marizapan" or "Milk Shake"...or they can go with another brand of candy...."Mars" or "Milky Way"