Of course, if you are the impatient type, you can modify your LG G2 to convincingly replicate the look and feel of LG's new interface before the company itself gets to it. Such is the beauty of Android.
source: Tutto Android (translated)
1. promise7 (Posts: 870; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
"The LG G2 to receive the LG G3's new interface, “Android L Version” update?"
Are you asking us or telling us?
4. luis.d (Posts: 328; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
It's how we present headlines that are considered rumors.
11. LoveHater (Posts: 176; Member since: 09 Oct 2013)
reserve it for Nexus series , and probably Moto x+1, G2/g+1/g+g
18. sgtdisturbed47 (Posts: 433; Member since: 02 Feb 2012)
If it's to arrive by the end of the year, this means the Verizon version won't see it until 8 month after. Verizon is slow to roll out updates.
3. pavsidhu (Posts: 214; Member since: 20 May 2014)
If this is true LG are much better then Samsung with their customers, Samsung never update the Galaxy S4 to the same interface as the S5 even though everything would work with the S4. Glad LG support their customers.
7. CanYouSeeTheLight (Posts: 1116; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Got the M8's interface on the M7 even before the M8 was released lol
Even the asia only Butterfly S is on Sense 6 (version that debuted with M8).
15. technitude (Posts: 102; Member since: 19 Dec 2013)
Every Samsung I have ever owned has never received an update after it was 12 months old.
5. antonioli (Posts: 200; Member since: 08 Sep 2013)
Power or any other things are far to be the problem to bring future updates or use this UI. I expect that they can do it. I will not change my G2 for a G3 but I consider changing for a G4. So, think about it LG.
6. foreverjin08 (Posts: 73; Member since: 10 Sep 2013)
I am happy with everything I have on G2 now. No need to for any update. Thanks!
9. Anterv (Posts: 172; Member since: 09 Jul 2014)
You don't wan't better video recording, better optimised software overall ? Wow..
8. Anterv (Posts: 172; Member since: 09 Jul 2014)
Finally ! Good job LG for supporting older phones.
12. BobbyDigital (Posts: 1848; Member since: 29 May 2014)
LG is really coming along in terms of updating their devices. They're putting in the work and the consumers are reciprocating in kind. Good job LG!
13. V1nC3 (Posts: 106; Member since: 23 Jan 2014)
Also, I just received (one week before) KitKat 4.4.2 on my European Optimus G E975 :) Near same interface as the G2 ! Working fine !
14. scotjo (Posts: 6; Member since: 24 Oct 2013)
As an LG G2 owner, this is exciting. However, I am on Verizon, so I think I have a long wait before this trickles down to my phone.
16. gnppw (Posts: 57; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
how about the LG G Pro 2? Will it get the interface?
21. navid.far (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Aug 2014)
How about optimus g ??does it get g3 Ul???
24. Busyboy (unregistered)
I doubt it. The device is almost two years old now.
22. iammobilechris01 (Posts: 11; Member since: 01 Apr 2013)
How about G Flex? does it get g3 Ul?
23. zinger69 (Posts: 85; Member since: 13 Feb 2014)
Damn, my Sprint G2 is still stuck on 4.4.2.
25. chriskeefnutt (Posts: 1; Member since: 26 Aug 2014)
Nope just confirmed. Via lg live chat g2 WON'T be receiving g3 ui.Sad news