Temple Run landing on Windows Phone today
Gravity Guy 2 is coming with Xbox Live support. 6th Planet, Propel Man, Orcs Must Survive, Ruzzle, Fling Theory, and Drift Mania are all among the newcomers.
What’s yet to come? We are still waiting for Jetpack Joyride for example. But good news is that Microsoft is slowly but surely filling in the gaps. Windows Phone 8 promised easy porting of games, but developers have been reluctant. Hopefully, not for long.
source: The Verge
1. eliasafram7 (Posts: 83; Member since: 18 Mar 2013)
they are making temple run 3 and windows phones have just received the temple run 1 today what a joke
4. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Hey atleast its a start and what makes you think Windows Phone wont get Temple Run 3?? Slow and steady wins the race, ALWAYS!
22. downphoenix (Posts: 2391; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
It may get TR 3, but if we go by this logic, TR4 will be avialable by then.
36. yyuu1000 (Posts: 152; Member since: 26 Jul 2012)
apple is slow at inovating and they did not win Andriod won
40. eharris560 (Posts: 77; Member since: 28 Dec 2012)
it depends on your definition of winning. Apple makes more money.
7. dr_fajardo12 (Posts: 107; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
would be better if wp dont get the game?
9. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Well Boo Hoo Its already here sooo it is what it is!!
26. dr_fajardo12 (Posts: 107; Member since: 26 Aug 2012)
was sarcasm... and a question to eliasafram...
8. windroid (unregistered)
What a joke of a comment...
2. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
These games were long overdue in Windows Phone, but glad to see there arrival. Slow and steady wins the race. I can't wait to play Temple run and Ruzzle with my friends on different platforms!! Across the board Windows Phone has a progress a long way. Bring on WINDOWS BLUE for the full integration experience for Windows Phone , XboxNextGen,Windows 8!!
3. tech2 (Posts: 2367; Member since: 26 Oct 2012)
Dont tell this was the big app MS were talking to release !? -.-
5. ahhxd717 (Posts: 320; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
They should have just made Temple Run 2 for WP. Idk if they had enough time to get it out for WP8, but still.
10. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Its a start man, lets just be happy for the release already!! Many more Major Apps are on the way too!!
28. ahhxd717 (Posts: 320; Member since: 08 Dec 2011)
Yeah, it's for sure a great addition to the store. I think WP8 now has much better apps than when I had a Windows Phone. I'll have to try the game out on my bfs Lumia 920
11. windroid (unregistered)
They are doing it... now that Unity3d has WP8 support a lot of games are being ported.
18. haseebzahid (Posts: 1836; Member since: 22 Feb 2012)
well unfortunatly unity3D eninge is still in beta so we still have to wait for full scale unity3D games in wp8 they suppose to realese the final but not yet we hope they do it soon
12. sonofzeus (Posts: 95; Member since: 05 Jul 2012)
Nokia needs to start focusing on apps department.ios and android are successful due to their apps.Microsoft must launch a number of free apps and games if they want to make WP8 a successful platform.Even angry birds is a paid game in microsoft
13. xperiaDROID (banned) (Posts: 5629; Member since: 08 Mar 2013)
Temple Run 1?! You kidding me?!!!! Temple Run 1 is very boring right now. Why not Temple Run 2?
14. wendygarett (unregistered)
Wp always make a obsolete apps
19. windroid (unregistered)
What a fantastic sentence, not only it's grammatically incorrect but also in terms of content.
WP is an operating system, so it does not make applications.
"a(singular) obsolete apps(plural)"
25. zidaneanwar8 (Posts: 2; Member since: 20 Mar 2013)
Haha dont waste your breath on Wendy she is asian grammatical error is her born gift .
15. UrbanPhantom (Posts: 949; Member since: 30 Oct 2012)
I could care a less about this game, but Microsoft should be exploiting it's xBox Live game base, and pulling in those entertainment titles. I suspect there will be a sharp increase in the number of games ported to WP8 during the next few months...
16. lauremar (Posts: 181; Member since: 29 Feb 2012)
Temple Run Oz would be awesome for Windows Phone!!! Been playing the Android version and it's by far the best of the bunch yet :)
17. trustory (Posts: 114; Member since: 23 Jan 2013)
Once wp8 gets temple run 2, subway surfer, and instagram I'll consider switching to the platform
24. downphoenix (Posts: 2391; Member since: 19 Jun 2010)
subway surfer LOL. That game blows compared to Temple Run, and its a bad example of a freemium game.
20. tusshharish (Posts: 342; Member since: 23 Oct 2012)
so that's the big app coming to the wp...................great
27. windroid (unregistered)
There isn't "one" big app coming to WP, there's a lot of big apps arriving.
21. Credo (Posts: 695; Member since: 19 Apr 2012)
Will this game be available for Windows Phone 7.8?
Hope so :)
39. GuitarPlayer (Posts: 36; Member since: 15 Nov 2012)
Really??? I don´t see it available in my 920 yet. Where you are?
29. maikyvenger (Posts: 8; Member since: 08 Jan 2013)
....and today Lumia 920 users received a phone UPDATE!!!!
31. som (Posts: 768; Member since: 10 Nov 2009)
Microsoft said they will support Windows Phone 8 until 2014. After that we don't know.
37. windroid (unregistered)
Clearly you don't understand the context of the statement but I'll explain: if for instance you have WP8 and don't upgrade for the following version of WP OS (for any reason) MS will support that OS until 2014; obviously, the objective is by that time every WP8 device is already upgraded to WP9 or what OS comes next.
If someone don't upgrade, the WP8 will still continue to work, just isn't supported by MS.
43. boosook (Posts: 1081; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
WP7 phones have not been updated to WP8, so what makes you believe that with WP9 things will be different?
The only thing that's sure is that after 2014 you will have an unsupported system (i.e. if a new security threat is discovered you're not sure that it will be fixed) and no guarantee that your phone will be updated to WP9.
It's curious that WP fans were always talking about Android's fragmentation, but when WP8 came out and they discovered that there would be two incompatible versions of WP (7 & 8) and that WP7 phones would not be upgraded we're not hearing the "Android's fragmented" topic anymore... now only "Android lags" remains, I suppose this will last until WP users will have enough available applications to run in background that they'll start using all the resources of their phones, then they'll discover that WP can be slow too. ;) (it already happens on low-end WP handsets that haven't enough memory).
32. CardiWPfan (Posts: 129; Member since: 12 Sep 2012)
Som after that Windows Phone 9 or Windows Blue update would be out. In other words what Microsoft is making clear all Windows Phone 8 devices will be upgraded to Windows Phone Next or Windows Phone 9. Remember Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 share the same kernel now, no need to abandon first generation windows 8 or Windows Phone 8 devices!
33. Jyakotu (Posts: 823; Member since: 12 Dec 2008)
At least Windows Phone is getting the high profile games that Android and iOS have had for awhile. Jetpack Joyride is available on Windows 8, so I don't know why the developers have yet to port it to Windows Phone. Strange indeed.
35. znellu (Posts: 71; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
Gravity Guy 2 is exclusive to WP, and not available for Android and iOS at present...
38. Dunknown (Posts: 84; Member since: 23 Jul 2012)
I think the next best gaming os will be Windows phone. Amazingly they come in Xbox. Unfortunately in Malaysia, it does not support Xbox
41. dexter_jdr (Posts: 1161; Member since: 28 Jun 2012)
we still have free pandora for the whole year bitches!!!!
42. Shrihari (Posts: 79; Member since: 29 Jan 2013)
hey guys dont forget ios got it first and now at last wp is getting....piss of windows