Straight outta Foxconn: Alleged iPhone 7 chassis mold leaks, hints at smooth rear
3. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 895; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
BORING!!! The change isn't as radical as from 3GS to 4 or 4S to 5.
6. ibend (Posts: 3195; Member since: 30 Sep 2014)
it will be radical if they change home button design o.O
8. Felix_Gatto (Posts: 895; Member since: 03 Jul 2013)
I'm talking about the back of the phone.
46. AlikMalix (Posts: 4849; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
I agree. As an apple fan, I'm surprised and kinda disappointed.
5. MrHate (Posts: 215; Member since: 09 Feb 2015)
I really wish Apple would go back to the 5s design a little bit for the iPhone 7.
16. nctx77 (Posts: 1646; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Oh please! The same crap was being said about that design. How it was the same ol square design and nothing new. Besides, we had a square phone for 4 years straight and the iPhone 5s is still around. Let it go! This design with no home button, way less bezels and the thickness of and iPod would be plenty change from a design standpoint.
19. yann (Posts: 163; Member since: 15 Jul 2010)
And rounded one are only for gays, right?
I do not like rounded shape of 6 and 6S. 5S with metal body will be much sleek than rounded ones.
47. AlikMalix (Posts: 4849; Member since: 16 Jul 2014)
I agree with mrhate, nsxt, and yann! 5s was perfect. I hate rounded off sides. But nsxt has a great point - if they can make the screen span out around the home button (or imbed the FP sensor into the screen - would win me over the s6/s7 edge design.
60. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3634; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Qualcomm already has embedded FP tech on their SD820, and I imagine they've patented the hell out of that in light of the troubles they've had the past couple years with their CPUs, need something to keep people coming back to them.
9. yoosufmuneer (Posts: 1469; Member since: 14 Feb 2015)
Apple be like: Introducing iPhone 7, with redesigned antenna lines.
I mean didn't they file a patent to look like metal but allow for reception. Place it elsewhere or use your patent.
14. AmashAziz (Posts: 57; Member since: 30 Jun 2014)
Hope the antenna lines fade off to the sides or the approach is taken to an even better design decision. Saying this because the design of iPhone 6 was the first one which I hated, not only disliked. The design wasn't very ugly itself, but it made me seem Apple moved away from it's original essence, such as in the iPhone 5S. This was the most significant reason for the hatred rising in me!
25. nctx77 (Posts: 1646; Member since: 03 Sep 2013)
Which is going to look just like the S6 and S7. Get use to designs staying around for 3 years from both companies.
41. Iodine (Posts: 1284; Member since: 19 Jun 2014)
6.1 mm Looks like a sweet spot for Apple, considering the past products.
That would make it incredibly thin, way thinner than any of so called flagships. Still anything under 6,9 counts as the thinnest iPhone ever and who knows how much thinner than that they can push it, especially with the 3D touch layer.
43. Techist (Posts: 225; Member since: 27 Jan 2015)
Don't really care for phones getting thinner. I'm glad Samsung listened to its customers and jumped off that thinness bandwagon and gave us bigger batteries instead.
61. VZWuser76 (Posts: 3634; Member since: 04 Mar 2010)
Agreed, I don't want to be holding an oversized credit card. I'd imagine we'd be able to have multiple day battery life if these designers weren't so hung up on how thin they can make the device. It would also allow for better image sensors as well.
65. monoke (Posts: 271; Member since: 14 Mar 2015)
Maybe they should push to surpass the current thinnest 4.75 phone. I mean 10 minute screen on time doesn't sound so bad, especially when u can now cut ur vegetables with it! Am I right? :)
42. dcgore (Posts: 225; Member since: 24 Feb 2012)
I just really hope Apple does away with the insanely huge bezels. I don't care about a 6.1mm thick phone, i do care about a smaller footpirnt.
56. Coconut00 (Posts: 441; Member since: 13 Jan 2015)
They are bearable on the iPhone 6/6s since they are only 4.7-inches but the bezels on the Plus versions are INSANE. The 6s Plus is wayy to big for a 5.5 inch device. Like you said, Apple needs to cut down on bezels, not thinness
45. jeroome86 (Posts: 799; Member since: 12 Apr 2012)
Less bezel would be cool but doubt they lose the home button. They seem to want to keep top bezel same as bottom too. Wonder if they will do ip68 on the 7? Will they finally step up to 32 gig for lstarting point?
53. palmguy (Posts: 492; Member since: 22 Mar 2011)
Don't care about Apple phone, but "a smooth rear" ..... :)