Stolen iPhone records thief's cruise-ship adventures for all to see
As you may have guessed, this isn’t some hypothetical discussion: Disney cruise passenger Katy McCaffrey had her iPhone stolen by an employee while she was on a Disney Wonder Cruise. The employee's name was apparently Nelson. How does she know? Because she can read his name tag in the photos he continued to snap using her iPhone, and those photos are now available on her Facebook account in a public album labeled “Stolen iPhone Adventures”. In it you can see Nelson, his apparent love interest, and the crew of the ship living it up. All that and more was recorded by the thief’s own hands.
We imagine the publicity will lead to Disney cruise management acting on poor Ms. McCaffrey’s behalf, but we hope the album doesn't disappear to quickly; as far as amusing public embarrassment for thievery (and stupidity) go, this has to take the cake. Check out some more images below, or click on the source link to see the entire album (and some cheeky narration).
source: Stolen iPhone Adventures via The Verge
1. fsahin (Posts: 46; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Even that you should avoid put personel photos here!!!!
18. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
What if you lose your Android or iOS device:http://youtu.be/jlPKVWv1WxU
31. fsahin (Posts: 46; Member since: 17 Mar 2012)
Do you believe everthing on internet and what do you think if this persons on photo(girl) was your daughter ?how you are sure this guy really stole.
33. PhoneArenaUser (Posts: 5482; Member since: 05 Aug 2011)
Please can you show me where I have said that this guy is theft???
Or where I have said that I believe in this story???
2. bolaG (Posts: 468; Member since: 15 Aug 2011)
LMAFO....Really?!...I dont know how I can still be surprised by the stupidity of people now days but this one got me.
8. iamcc (Posts: 1319; Member since: 07 Oct 2011)
I just read a different article on another site about a guy who stole a digital camcorder from a car. He got home and recorded a video of him saying to his girlfriend:
"Yes, this is the camera I just stole. But the cops won't figure it out." he then proceeds to walk around his house showing his different rooms and concludes by telling the camera his full name.
When the cops finally retrieved the camera they had all the evidence they needed. What a moron.
19. tedkord (Posts: 4981; Member since: 17 Jun 2009)
Some of the best content on the web is video of stupid criminals. Most common criminals are more Dr. Evil than Dr. Lecter.
4. ddxmms (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
does any one knows if the htc evo 4g lte is going be sold in the middle east or not?
or it is just exclusive for the us?
10. ddxmms (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
excuse me,but i really wont to know.
the man got to do what the man got to do :P
14. ddxmms (Posts: 145; Member since: 09 Feb 2012)
in this case ask about his future evo obviously.
32. thedarkside (Posts: 652; Member since: 30 Apr 2012)
maybe you should go to the EVO article and ask. or have a question pretaining to having your cell phone stolen. just a thought.
9. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1962; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
"On other phone related news, this dude just wants his evo 4G " , now back too you in the studio.."
5. networkdood (Posts: 6276; Member since: 31 Mar 2010)
'The employee's name was apparently Nelson How does she know?'
You need a '.' to separate these sentences...
BTW, that employee should be fired...no IFs, ANDs, or BUTs...
7. CX3NT3_713 (Posts: 1962; Member since: 18 Apr 2011)
Nelson probably found that phone, you never know? How does someone steal phone?
11. ibap (Posts: 703; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
He's an employee on a cruise ship. If he found it, it should be turned in to the "Lost & Found" on the ship.
20. smallcolabear (Posts: 81; Member since: 18 Feb 2012)
once you start using something as your own property it is stolen. its easy to steal something and if he found it he should have reported it like ibap stated. I guess i dont get your question on how does someone steal a phone, i thought that would be self-explanatory.
23. Archan_Pe (Posts: 74; Member since: 08 Apr 2012)
If he didn't steal it why would he label his album "stolen iphone adventures"... if he found it and didn't return it back... im pretty sure hypothetically i eould still consider it stealing... the most epic fail part of this story for me is that... why would a thief publicly say "stolen iphone" is he out of he his mind?
12. ibap (Posts: 703; Member since: 09 Sep 2009)
I'm thinking this should make it to Jay Leno's "Stupid Criminals" list.
16. thachlel (Posts: 69; Member since: 20 Apr 2012)
Because she used iPhone, Cerberus for android can take his photo n tracks him n also locks the phone, btw, ..... n more
17. kindlefireowner (Posts: 408; Member since: 05 Dec 2011)
You know that you can't post a story about iphones or wp7 phones without an android idiot posting something about android. I love android but hate the users that drink the kool-aid. It's like "Story about Iphone got to represent droid".
22. rsiders (Posts: 278; Member since: 17 Nov 2011)
Lol at least he took some great shots while he had the phone! Hilarious!
35. cobbwilliam (Posts: 2; Member since: 24 May 2012)
He's a thief and should be put under the jail.
24. InspectorGadget80 (Posts: 6591; Member since: 26 Mar 2011)
Stolen iPhones always makes me laugh
27. parkwaydr (Posts: 572; Member since: 07 Sep 2011)
Everytime I believe I could not possibly see something stupider. I'm wrong.
29. VJo003 (Posts: 332; Member since: 11 Mar 2012)
Two things are abundant in the universe
This was an example of the latter
30. denmcdon (Posts: 88; Member since: 07 Jun 2009)
Goes to show you everybody wants an iphone and they will resort to theft to get one.