Sony unveils Xperia T3 - 'the world's slimmest 5.3" smartphone'
25. RuiBacelar (Posts: 153; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
If they manage to price it 400€ tops they have a winner!
But...why so thin, in a couple of generations you may shave with your smartphone??
Love the enginiering though.
Kudos to Sony
31. sid07desai (Posts: 290; Member since: 03 May 2012)
400€ is too much. It should be under 400$ for a Snap 400 and a gig of ram. You could buy 3 Moto Gs with same specs (except for the cam).
2. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
To be honest, I would rather buy a last years flagship than a modern midrange device.
5. MarioG (Posts: 21; Member since: 02 Jun 2014)
I'm buying an LG G2 or HTC One (M7) by July. :P
9. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
And I already got my Nexus5.
Wanted to buy G2 but I find the Nexus more interesting.
45. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
I had the G2 but returned it because I HATED the UI. Trust me, it sucks balls. Now I have the Nexus 5 and couldn't be happier. Vanilla Android FTW...
14. Nath4N (Posts: 25; Member since: 19 Apr 2014)
same here, buying LG G2 in the next couple of months
33. ErenJaeger (Posts: 119; Member since: 22 Apr 2014)
The LG G2 is a great choice. The price is super low but the specs are still great.
36. Nabil2511 (Posts: 152; Member since: 27 Jan 2014)
bought it just last 2 weeks.. best investment ever..
8. Shatter (Posts: 2036; Member since: 29 May 2013)
Sony is overpriced anyway, real mid range would be something like the moto x.
16. ArtSim98 (Posts: 3535; Member since: 21 Dec 2012)
G is low end. Well, at least it's price is :)
10. boosook (Posts: 1429; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Exactly... at the same price, you get a better camera, a better screen and so on.
4. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i think your resolution detail is incorrect. go to the official sony website. it says there it's a 720p panel, not 1080p.
6. JunaidZaka (Posts: 28; Member since: 24 Mar 2012)
Their phones would look even better If they decrease the bezels on all of their devices
34. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Agree, why don't they get rid of those big bezels, orelse it would be a killer looking design that everyone is following Sony's ubiquitous design.
46. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
The rectangular top and bottom bezels always hurt my eyes with Sony phones...
7. DogeShibe (Posts: 1111; Member since: 10 Jan 2014)
I will just imagine Windows Phone 8.1 running on that *¿*
12. josephnero (Posts: 555; Member since: 16 Nov 2011)
Guys keep in mind these kind of devices are pretty popular in asia.
when buying smartphones first thing most people care about is screen size
11. boosook (Posts: 1429; Member since: 19 Nov 2012)
Yes, it's slim. It's a pity that the other specs are junk.
15. Anshulonweb (Posts: 430; Member since: 07 Feb 2014)
why snapdragon 400?...... this device will cost around 400$ so why not snapdragon 600..... every company like sony,htc,Samsung,LG is putting 400 processor in mid range....200$ moto g has it.. mid range devices should have snapdragon 600.....
17. sanyamjain75 (Posts: 14; Member since: 04 Dec 2013)
Come on Sony again 1 GB ram..atleast increase it to 1.5 coz 1 gb is lesser ram as compared to todays standard
20. DONUT (Posts: 409; Member since: 27 Jun 2013)
the top and bottom bezels make it look less appealing, but from the sides, it is a fine looking thang
19. FoneAddict (Posts: 259; Member since: 05 Jul 2011)
Sony deliberately crippled this phone with 1GB of memory! Why Sony WTF?!
21. a_tumiwa (Posts: 373; Member since: 16 Mar 2012)
if i am phone manufacturer, i will release a 12mm thickness phone and 4.813 inch screen , and say it is "the world's slimmest 4.813 inch smartphone"
47. fzacek (Posts: 2486; Member since: 26 Jan 2014)
Exactly. That's like Apple saying that the iPhone is "the only smartphone with a Retina display" (which they actually use in their brainwash marketing)...
22. cyborg009 (Posts: 112; Member since: 17 Sep 2011)
Bezelicous all aound and No, No 1GB RAM anymore.. NO!
27. RuiBacelar (Posts: 153; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
This device is intended for basic users, mostly feminin public and IMO 1gb is enough for most of your daily tasks.
Per exemple, I also have a Xperia T, with jelly bean and it runs really smooth no complains on performance, just the weak battery life.
41. xche78x (Posts: 101; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
Change to this model, youll get weaker cameras but way longer batt life. Performance also doubled from the original xperia T but the storage is cut in half. Screen real estate is greatly improved by being larger and having very wide viewing angles with its IPS lcd. Also comes with kitkat out of the box... Very smooth overall experience even with multitasking as kitkat doesnt eat as much ram as older versions, 1gb is sufficient even for intensive users...
24. gigaraga (Posts: 1454; Member since: 29 Mar 2013)
So was there a point for this device other than to make it the slimmest 5.3 incher?
28. RuiBacelar (Posts: 153; Member since: 25 Feb 2014)
Just the way of Sony saying, F*** yeah! our engineers rule! xD
35. Arte-8800 (banned) (Posts: 4562; Member since: 13 Mar 2014)
Our design others copy and follow. We Sony are unique.
29. realjjj (Posts: 363; Member since: 28 Jan 2014)
This is lower mid-range at this point and with the SoCs about to arrive in a few months, it will be firmly in the low end.
Wish Sony would go thiner bezels all around already, their bricks might be stylish but are still bricks.
32. bugsbunny00 (Posts: 2004; Member since: 07 Jun 2013)
if T3 can go down 5.3 inch then Z3 can too, and swim..
37. 7thspaceman (Posts: 1532; Member since: 14 Feb 2011)
I think Sony has a version with a 1080p screen and a better CPU up it's sleeve. US Windows 8.1 fans would love to see Windows 8.1 on this smart phones or the Better one that is sure to come.
39. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
Beautiful handset. just wish SONY STOP MAKING too many low end models cause they will NEVER upgrade them and they will loose consumers if they don't upgrade low end models
42. xche78x (Posts: 101; Member since: 11 Mar 2014)
This model sits perfectly between the m2 and t2 ultra. It solves all the complains about the m2 being not hd, not ips etc. Also solves the issues of people saying t2 ultra is great but is very large. The only minor issue i can knitpick is that it didnt retain the 13megapixel back camera of the t2 ultra. Also hope this replaces the m2 on its current price and the m2 should be priced lower... I would recommend this to my friends if the cameras are better... Nowadays people i know are clamoring for high pixel front cams which only appears on china brand/odm phones...we are living in the selfie generation...
44. kaikuheadhunterz (Posts: 1157; Member since: 18 Jul 2013)
The back reminds me of my old Xperia J
48. jinxtabator (Posts: 20; Member since: 19 May 2013)
Thin is great, but not at the cost of screen-to-body ratio and this phone, like all Sonys, is far too big. Hope Sony do follow the likes of LG & Sharp by focussing on screen-to-body ratio, starting with the Z3