Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet prices start at $499.99 in the US, pre-orders available now
The Xperia Z2 Tablet 16GB will cost $499.99, while the 32GB model is going to be offered for $599.99. Both are Wi-Fi-only variants. Naturally, the tablet’s LTE versions will be more expensive (though we don’t know when they’re supposed to be released).
Running Android 4.4 KitKat, the Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet is definitely among the devices that you have to check out if you’re looking for a high-end slate. At only 0.25 inches (6.4mm), Sony’s new product is one of the thinnest tablets ever. It offers a waterproof body (IP58-certified), and sports a 10.1 inch display with 1920 x 1200 pixels. The rest of its features include a powerful quad-core Snapdragon 801 processor clocked at 2.3GHz, 8.1MP rear camera, 2.2MP front-facing camera, 3GB of RAM, and a 6,000 mAh battery. Our own Xperia Z2 Tablet review is here - in case you want to know more about the slate.
Update: Pre-orders for both the Z2 Tablet 16GB and 32GB are already available via Sony Store (the first source link below).
Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet
sources: Sony Store, Sony via Android Central, Tech Crunch
1. medicci37 (Posts: 627; Member since: 19 Nov 2011)
1920 ×1200 is fine for a 7 inch Nexus priced at $200. But $500 is more than I'd spend for a 10.1 inch tab with 1920 ×1200 res
4. pyradark (Posts: 770; Member since: 10 Jun 2012)
Z2 tab is waterproof, premium build up, with a lot of new features and Hardware. So don't conpare it to a cheap tab
5. BattleBrat (Posts: 1071; Member since: 26 Oct 2011)
My surface pro has a 1080 screen, I paid $1000 for it. Using your logic its overpriced ?
8. james004 (Posts: 471; Member since: 15 May 2013)
i love android but big tablet seem very useless to me. i would rather spend more and get a tablet that i can use to replace my laptop.
i bought galaxy note 10.1, i couldnt find any use for it, returned it.
saving up for surface pro now.
mobile OS(android or iOS) tablet are only good till 7-8"
and @#$% the resolution war. as long as its 250 ppi im good!
15. vincelongman (Posts: 1169; Member since: 10 Feb 2013)
The Surfare Pro is awesome,
Basically iPad+Macbook Air combined in one
10. alrightihatepickingusernames (Posts: 360; Member since: 29 Dec 2013)
Yeah, next year I'll be in the market for a tablet and I'm hoping Sony will crank up the resolution because that's my only complaint with the Z2. The Nexus 10's display spoils me.
2. MrTzr (Posts: 105; Member since: 26 Jun 2013)
PA, when will the Z2 review be available? Can't choose between the Z2 and S5...
12. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
With the delays of the Z2, just get the S5.
3. 0xFFFF (Posts: 3022; Member since: 16 Apr 2014)
It's hard to believe that Sony is pushing their Z2 tablet into the US instead of their excellent Z2 phone. Many potential customers would like to know when the Z2 coming to the US and for which carriers.
Some time ago, I asked Sony via email about the Z1 Compact coming to the US, but never got a reply. Many months have passed, and Sony is still ignoring the US mobile market. I guess Sony thinks we all play games over here and watch videos on tablets. Maybe they are on to something :)
6. GreekGeek (Posts: 783; Member since: 22 Mar 2014)
God this POS is insanely overpriced considering that you can get the Tab Pro 8.4 for just $369 online these days
It should have been at least a QHD for that humongous size
13. PapaSmurf (limited) (Posts: 8300; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Overpriced like all their products.
7. galanoth (Posts: 318; Member since: 26 Nov 2011)
10 inch android tablets should have at least 2560x1600.
Samsung had 2560x1600 in 2012.
9. EclipseGSX (limited) (Posts: 1587; Member since: 18 Oct 2011)
Anyone else read the article image as Motorola Sluts...no....just me? ok.
16. The13thKing (banned) (Posts: 849; Member since: 26 Feb 2014)
The price is wonderful and rhe package appealing, but I'm still going with a mini 2...