Sony Xperia Z1 vs Samsung Galaxy S4: First look
1. PunyPoop (Posts: 752; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
Look at that! Beautiful device isn't it? (Xperia Z1) No more "Poor viewing angles" trolls, it's time for... BEZEL TROLLS!
8. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Look at those ugly bezels on the Z1!
(Just for you PunyPoop.)
11. PunyPoop (Posts: 752; Member since: 18 Jan 2013)
I love it Smurf! +1 for you, you have proven that you're really a troll! Keep it up ;)
18. taz89 (Posts: 2014; Member since: 03 May 2011)
lol lets just say sony has a bezel fetish in the same way samsung has plastic fetish..honestly though dont you think if the bezels were like the xperia zl the z1 wuld look much better.
25. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
You can't talk since you don't have a profile picture to begin with.
33. Lyngdoh (Posts: 266; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Unfortunately, you can't stop me.
BTW, no pic is better than ugly pic.
24. InspectorGadget80 (unregistered)
may be beause its a FULL WATER PROOF Phone u dont like the bezel then don't bother buying it. it only have huge bezel because they put a big battery in it
26. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Note 3 has a bigger battery, bigger screen, and is slightly bigger than the Z1. Excuse?
31. yudi.nemesis (Posts: 1127; Member since: 14 Mar 2013)
Can you show me any waterproof phones with bezelles body?
32. ahomad (Posts: 175; Member since: 15 May 2012)
sony has bigger camera sensor and water proof!!!
58. shakeel234 (Posts: 1; Member since: 24 Jan 2014)
listen i know you must be a samsung fan but the reason for the bezels on the top part is because of the large camera sensor just like the samsung galaxy s4 zoom had a big hump and the nokia had as well well sony didnt want that the wanted a phone thats smooth and can fit in your pocket with out making your pocket look weird and the bottom bezel is more like if your watching movies and your hand hand hits that home key or back key by mistake no sony wanted to make a phone that makes u watch movies with out any harm and the sony has awesome material unlike the samsung with cheap plastic ever since samsung has been copying apple and many other brands and some times sony distributes their lens and sensor to samsung and many other companies thats why no company never filed law suit against sony coz they know why samsung and apple has always been fighting so yah thats my excuse -__-
27. Lyngdoh (Posts: 266; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Bezels is not a problem for sony. They have proved it with the ZL. If water resistance is what makes the bezel bigger, Z has smaller bezel. They put that bezel in Z1 for a purpose.
56. RH234 (Posts: 43; Member since: 21 Aug 2013)
Those are not bezels. The bottom is a palm rest
9. Droid_X_Doug (Posts: 5993; Member since: 22 Dec 2010)
How about carrier exclusivity? Nokia had to sell to MS because they weren't making sales. They might have been able to hold out longer if they hadn't done the STUPID carrier exclusives. Sony should learn from VZW.
45. Lyngdoh (Posts: 266; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
There's a reason to why they are called 'trolls'
2. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
i can't really help not complaining about that awful wallpaper. sony, are you blind? can't you see your wallpaper is ruining your display?
29. Lyngdoh (Posts: 266; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
Calm down..you can always put your favourite wallpaper. I dont have to tell you this.
34. pwnarena (Posts: 1129; Member since: 15 Feb 2013)
no. it's about that product looking bad in the promo photos. that's my concern. i'm worried about how others will perceive it because of sony's stupid decision to keep that wallpaper. there's no problem with sony fans, obviously, but if your display looks inferior because of the wallpaper, it's really a big problem.
43. Lyngdoh (Posts: 266; Member since: 06 Sep 2012)
+1 you have a point. I'm not a graphic designer but I do create my own wallpers. I like sony's wallpaper though and it looks pretty neat in real life than captured on camera.
3. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
with the appearance of G2 and Z1, Sammy's this year flagship died soon!
6. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
20+ million handsets sold sure says otherwise.
14. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
That was only for first two months.
Read the comment correctly. you look so rushed and uneasy today.
19. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
S4 and Note 3 will outsell both models by a landslide. Please get out of the distortion world and face reality.
38. emadshiny (Posts: 1144; Member since: 05 Dec 2012)
With the absence of Z1 in all US major carriers, S4 would have an easy job but if we compare them regardless of numbers you'll see that S4 can't face Z1 and G2 easily.
face the reality please.
44. GTR722 (Posts: 261; Member since: 20 Oct 2012)
So now the Samsung fanboys use the "look at how it sell" argument ?? Samsung = Apple
57. gersont1000 (Posts: 368; Member since: 13 Mar 2012)
I'm a GS3 owner and love it, and yet I agree.
4. PapaSmurf (Posts: 10457; Member since: 14 May 2012)
Only thing the Z1 has over the S4 is the slightly upgraded processor and camera. Everything else gets crushed by the S4.